Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hi, so I just got a new Lenovo y510p and was wondering where I could find the Advanced Bios, will updating the Bios to this mod making the advanced Bios setup visible?

Ok, done in my y410p! No problems at all, now I'd like to install a N -6300 wifi card, it should work, right?

Enviado desde mi SM-N900 mediante Tapatalk

it should work. i have a y580, and now have a new wifi card. working perfectly.

did anyone try disabling the "secure boot" option from BIOS and then adding a new network card. Secure boot option checks all the hardware and software compliances before booting. So theoretically if you disable secure boot whitelist should be disabled and one can add better network cards

it should work. i have a y580, and now have a new wifi card. working perfectly.

Thanks! after modding my bios, I can't turn on my n2230, did you have the same issue?

Edit: Never mind, working again, just as bad as always :)

Enviado desde mi SM-N900 mediante Tapatalk

Hi, so I think I fucked up... I have a Lenovo y510p and my BIOS version was 3.5 and I just downgraded it to v2.5, I thought the BIOS back up tool worked as I thought that all I had to do was just run the bat through administrator. I saw nothing and thought that the bat was the back up. How can I roll this back? I want to make a BIOS back up for 3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, so I think I fucked up... I have a Lenovo y510p and my BIOS version was 3.5 and I just downgraded it to v2.5, I thought the BIOS back up tool worked as I thought that all I had to do was just run the bat through administrator. I saw nothing and thought that the bat was the back up. How can I roll this back? I want to make a BIOS back up for 3.5.

Hi there!

I'm using the modded 1.10 for a long time now on a 410p. Now I want to upgrade to a second GT755m but there is only a BIOS mod available for 750m. Should I take this one on a 755? Better not(?)

I could live without the mod Features but can't find the stock 1.10 BIOS.

Could someone post the 1.10 stock BIOS for me please?

edit: I could swear I had the 755 but GPUz shows 750m now. Possible that the BIOS update (from foreign user, because I lost my stock bios) altered it from 755 to 750???

may it be possible then to flash the Ultrbay 755m I bought to 750 to make it compatible?

Are there any other hardware devices locked by Lenovo or can I upgrade the ram and the ssd freely? I have read on other posts that all devices that have a Lenovo part number must be replaced with Lenovo parts. I did buy an Intel 7260hmw ac and that's how I found out about the whitelist issues. I was planning on upgrading the rest as well but don't want to waste money if there will be issues. Also if there is whitelisting on all the other parts will the bios mod take care of them? Thanks

Does the Lenovo whitelist involve all of their products? I was planning on buying an Intel 7260NGW M.2 for my wifes yoga pro 2 but now am hesitant because its still under warranty and don't want to mod the bios yet.

A lot of their products are uses whitelists to pass FCC regulations. Yoga 2 pro included.

First off, I got my bios unlocked and fixed my issues because of that. So thank you very much!!

Secondly, I borked my y410p by changing a setting somewhere.

Now my system boots with no display. Not even the Lenovo logo right after power is applied.

If I unplug the power or plug it in after powering it on, I get a beep (unplug) or two beeps (plug in). Otherwise there is no other sound produced outside of the very faint hum of the fans.

The keyboard backlight comes on, so it's obviously getting power. I think I screwed with too many display settings.

I was hoping someone here might know a way to flash it back to factory or something? I'm open to ideas! I've pondered the hdd cradle to try to get my bios backup onto a USB stick ('cause I'm dumb and didn't do this already) and seeing if I can find a list of keystrokes to start the process of flashing it back that way, but I'd rather ask around first.

Maybe someone could just record what the keystrokes are from the "Novo" button's menu (accessing BIOS). Like Novo Button > XX seconds delay to allow boot and the menu to appear > arrow down 1x to highlight edit bios and press enter > press blah blah to restore default settigns? For what it's worth, this is the v1.07 bios mod downloaded from this thread.

*edit* I did google image searches for screenshots of each step from the novo menu to the main screen of the bios, and tried what I thought would be keystrokes to reset settings, and save and exit, and yet there was no reboot. I may have done something worse than I thought. I tried checking YouTube for videos of how to access my cmos battery to forcefully reset the bios to factory settings, but I can't find the y410p or even a y510p to see.

I really cant wait till i can unlock my bios ... sooo stupid that Lenovo locks it down because oh you know the FCC says blah blah blah. computer modders will always take something that is released one way and make it do something else.

So i assume this is some pos weird version of the 107 bios? anyone know if this one can be modded I have the intel ac 7260 i would love to installpost-26411-14494997685853_thumb.jpg

I should add that i tried the unlocker from the first page for the 1.07 and 2.x versions and i get the error that this is a correct dump version etc.

Are there any other hardware devices locked by Lenovo or can I upgrade the ram and the ssd freely? I have read on other posts that all devices that have a Lenovo part number must be replaced with Lenovo parts. I did buy an Intel 7260hmw ac and that's how I found out about the whitelist issues. I was planning on upgrading the rest as well but don't want to waste money if there will be issues. Also if there is whitelisting on all the other parts will the bios mod take care of them? Thank