Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Does anyone have a link to the actual network card whitelist for the y510p (3.05)? I bought an Intel 6235AN wireless card, and was wondering if its even necessary to unlock the bios first.

Its a couple pages back in the thread.

I downloaded the 3.05->2.07 downgrade file, ran it as admin in Windows 7, and I got an error stating "Insyde flash cannot load the driver. Please close all applications. If you run this utility in Windows 7, please run as Administrator."

BIOS settings: all set to legacy

BIOS flashback: Enabled

Secure Boot: can't find it, doesn't seem to exist in my BIOS settings (unless I'm being dumb...)

Obviously I closed all other applications.

I also tried going through the steps in the first post here. I was able to extract a copy of my BIOS (4.6mb file). I tried doing a drag & drop of that BIOS backup on the downgrade file but that gave the same error.

Any ideas on something that I'm missing?

hi svl7..!

i have y510p with 2.07 bios and i made a backup of my bios file successfully with FPT_BACKUP_95 program and took a result screen image with it...your fptw64 didnt worked and it says "fptw64.exe cannot be run on the current platform" anyway..so i want to have a FULLY unlocked ver 2.07 bios not only just whitelist and i can send my backup file to you if you want to help

or is it possible to downgrade to 1.xx bios from 2.07 ?

thanks

hit F2 continuosly when you start the computer especially when u see lenovo logo which makes you enter setup and you will see the bios version on the right upper side on your screen

try this program to make a backup of your bios "FPT_BACKUP_95" it worked for me..and i need a ver 2.07 fully modded bios file too..i modded my second gpu and overclocked it to 1260mhz and it works like a charm without any crash and shut down..but for first gpu you cant make a backup because its not a card..so we need to have a fully unlocked ver2.07 bios..

pls help svl7 i think the time has come to make a fully unlocked ver 2.07 bios :D

Come on dude what will you do with a turtle speed os like windows 7 compared to 8 ?

windows 8 is much more faster on this machine,im not talking about booting up speed etc..im talking about games,apps runs faster on windows 8..there is huge fps difference like 10-20

i dont agree with you about primary reason..when it comes to modding our target is to fully unleash the thing and set it free

wow... 1260 MHz Core? Without the modding I can only push it to 1189 according to GPUz. I know how much more I can push it because the temps right now is 60-70 max load with the laptop cooler switched on. Could I mod my 2nd GPU but not the main one?

- - - Updated - - -

I had 1.07 and I found a link somewhere on page 1-10 which had a v2.07 download. Downgrading will not affecting SLI but v2.07 doesn't support GPU modding I think.

I would go with the Liteon WB222 since i have had bad experience with Broadcom cards before.

But that´s only my opinion. PPL here seam to go with Intel rather then other PCI Express Half Mini Cards. just saying that might be a good enough reason to go with it.

Hi,

Is there any risk of modding the bios? Besides voiding warranty?

Is there a chance to brick the device if the flash doesnt finish?

I want to flash my bios because i bought a new wireless card, the stock one being pathetic.

Is there any way of downloading the files without the 5 post rule? I dont't like to post something that i don't want to.

Thank you

I wish svl7 would post an update on v2.07 or provide a downgrade option to v1.07. It took me 2 weeks and with the help of this forum to understand the modding process.

@rmbell: Did you manage to unlock more than +135Mhz Core Offset in Nvidia Inspector??? I would love to see some screenshots if possible :)

Hi. I follow the instructions but I'm stuck at backing up my bios.

it gave me this error.

Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).

Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account.

I tried everything I could (turn of UAC in registry, login as administrator), but nothing worked.

do you guys know how to solve this problem. I'm using windows7 64-bit.

Thanks

Sorry for my English

What drivers does this require? I just transferred a copy of my BIOS and the downgrade EXE (3.05->2.07) to another computer and the program actually runs! It says that BIOS is not for that computer, of course...but it runs!

wow... 1260 MHz Core? Without the modding I can only push it to 1189 according to GPUz. I know how much more I can push it because the temps right now is 60-70 max load with the laptop cooler switched on. Could I mod my 2nd GPU but not the main one?

yes you can mod your 2nd gpu with KeplerBiosTweaker program to do that firstly backup your 2nd gpu vbios then you can mod it in this program and flash your modded bios back but its a little bit complicating to mod gpu correctly..i cant write here how it should be but you can search on the net...good luck

and i think svl7 has died..R.I.P i wish he makes fully unlocked ver 2.07 bios :D

or

Should we create a new thread about this to make pressure on him(come on dude you can do this in one hour) ..!

Doas any one know where to buy <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 14px;">WLAN - Cbt BCM94352HMG (Combo) FRU# 20200381

WLAN, WiFi AC+BT4.0, Ltn BCM4352+20702 2x2AC+BT4.0 HMC </code>with a working FRU ?