Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

My new wifi card is working great however when I try to play World of Warcraft I have to put all my settings on low or else I get huge FPS lag. It also seems to affect my whole computer including a keyboard lag. This only occurs when WoW is running though. This wifi card worked well with my other laptop and could handle better graphic settings. So it must be the flashed BIOS causing my lag?

i changed to a Intel AC7260 and use to have that lag in league of legends:06: until i started using this little program which stops the background scanning:smug: hope it works for you

wopt021.zip

I did the unlocked bios mod for my Y510p laptop and the Removable Graphics/ extra graphics card is still not being detected. Only the main GPU is. It won't pop up in device manager or GPU-Z. I will probably be returning this since I was told that the older Y510p laptops were not supposed to be compatible with SLI. I have been trying to get this to work for months now and I am sick of it. It was a false advertisement on their site so I will be getting a full refund. How do you restore the BIOS back to normal?

So after flashing the new BIOS I have been getting longer boots. The laptop seems to get stuck randomly at the LENOVO screen, then reboot itself normally.

I did the BIOS 2.07 flash mod, I did install successfully a new WIFI card and my connectivity problems went away.

I don't mind the longer boot time, I'm just wondering if it could be a sign of something else going on or if this should be concerning.

Anyone experiencing the same?

My hardware: Y510p Model #59370012

Swapped HDD for Samsung PRO SSD 256GB

" WIFI for Intel 7260 AC + Bluetooth

• Thumbs Up 1

If I try the command fptw64.exe -f backup.bin -bios to create a backup I got this error:

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.

Please contact your vendor.

I try it on the command prompt with admin priv. on my Windows 8.1

Any helping hand?

if you grab a 7260bgn,and you are already on bios v3.05,you don't need to break whitelist,since it is added to the whitelist.(some models of y510p came up with 7260bgn)

but if you wanna grab a 7260ac, you need to downgrade to 2.07 and then break whitelist

if you grab a 7260bgn,and you are already on bios v3.05,you don't need to break whitelist,since it is added to the whitelist.(some models of y510p came up with 7260bgn)

but if you wanna grab a 7260ac, you need to downgrade to 2.07 and then break whitelist

Are you sure about this, because as far as i know it needs to be a fru version of the card.

I just flashed the moded 1.10 bios and everything went great.

I've seen posts asking about the new sli bios to work with windows 8.1, but no responces. For those of us who installed win 8.1, lenovo released a patched ultrabay bios to get sli working again. If we flash to the bios the slv7 created, we lose sli again. Could we get the new ultrabay bios from lenovo modded?

post-13807-1449499718369_thumb.png

Gotten back my Y510p from the service center and i gotten this info that i captured on biosagentplus.com.. apparently when i try to boot into BIOS util or using the Thinkvantage Button (the one next to power plug port) the screen will freeze after 5-7 secs when it goes into the Lenovo utils mode.. Any idea on how i can repair the bios or the util before i can actually mod this beast ?

So after flashing the new BIOS I have been getting longer boots. The laptop seems to get stuck randomly at the LENOVO screen, then reboot itself normally.

I did the BIOS 2.07 flash mod, I did install successfully a new WIFI card and my connectivity problems went away.

I don't mind the longer boot time, I'm just wondering if it could be a sign of something else going on or if this should be concerning.

Anyone experiencing the same?

My hardware: Y510p Model #59370012

Swapped HDD for Samsung PRO SSD 256GB

" WIFI for Intel 7260 AC + Bluetooth

Yes I am experiencing the exact same issue as you, I also upgraded to the 7260 AC + Bluetooth. If you find a solution please let me know!!