Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

What do you mean exactly? in device manager you aren't allowed to access the advanced tab? I can access mine but im on 8.1. Why are you on win7?

I'm allowed access to all tabs, i'm an admin on my laptop. It's when I go to the advanced settings of the wireless card, there is no AC option (see image1) but it clearly says its the Intel 7260 AC card and I get speeds of up to 520 Mbps (see Image2) which is well beyond N band and definitely in the AC band realm...weird. I uninstalled the drivers, got the latest one from the intel website and still the same result.

I'm not into having the latest OS, I lean towards the latest most reliable OS, which to me Win 7. Latest is not always the greatest ;)post-22568-14494997024789_thumb.jpg

post-22568-14494997024622_thumb.jpg

post-20608-14494997024958_thumb.png

Yeah I understand the hatred towards win 8. It looks the same but I am a still getting N speeds so whatever. BTW, I hate the tiles and windows 8 bullshit but just use Classic Shell and its pretty much the same thing with better resource management

What speeds are you getting with the 7260? Are you using a AC router as well?

I'm getting around 11-13mbytes/s copying files from my server to my laptop. I have an ac1750 router and I even tried plugging in my ac1200 usb adapter and its not any faster.

My new wifi card is working great however when I try to play World of Warcraft I have to put all my settings on low or else I get huge FPS lag. It also seems to affect my whole computer including a keyboard lag. This only occurs when WoW is running though. This wifi card worked well with my other laptop and could handle better graphic settings. So it must be the flashed BIOS causing my lag?

Does this happen in other games as well? Try checking your BIOS settings to see if something has been reset after you flashed. Really shouldn't be related to your Wifi.

I'm getting around 11-13mbytes/s copying files from my server to my laptop. I have an ac1750 router and I even tried plugging in my ac1200 usb adapter and its not any faster.

LOL...pretty much what I'm getting. So I messed up and overided my original BIOS bin file. Is there anyway I could get it from Lenovo...the 3.07 version? Just curious.

Does this happen in other games as well? Try checking your BIOS settings to see if something has been reset after you flashed. Really shouldn't be related to your Wifi.

Apparently its because of driver issues. The game is being run by the integrated card. I had this problem on bf4, updating drivers from lenovo site fixed the problem. Its important you update from lenovo and not nvidia.

Apparently its because of driver issues. The game is being run by the integrated card. I had this problem on bf4, updating drivers from lenovo site fixed the problem. Its important you update from lenovo and not nvidia.

Ashwinsingh8 is 100 percent right, Drivers from Nvidia site will not work correctly. I couldn't even get a Windows Assessment rating when I installed the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site, it kept giving me errors...but then I installed the ones from the Lenovo site and it was able to give me a rating with no problem.

Ashwinsingh8 is 100 percent right, Drivers from Nvidia site will not work correctly

nvidia drivers are working great for me on Win8.1 x64 , just right-click the .exe and choose to run with nvidia graphics (instead of the integrated Intel 4600)

you could also force it from the nvidia control panel for every game/app,

I'm quite annoyed with lenovo for making me mod my bios just to swap a wifi card. Going to ask my law-student friend if he can look into EU legislature about locking devices like this. The laptop is effectively disabled after switching what should be a user replaceable peripheral.

Tried to run the backup.bat file and got a error 103, any solutions?

EDIT: It ran after restart. Installed nicely, however there overclocking is not unlocked in 2.04. I presume its still in works.

@svl7 When are you planning to release the oc version for 2.04, 2.07. I am a programmer myself, if you want I can help you out.

Regards

you could always disable optimus and use only the nvidia gpu.

search google, lots of info on this.

for games I mostly plug in the SLI ultrabay, so optimus is disabled anyway...

didn't even need to use the SLI mode, I just plug it in to get rid of optimus ! 2nd gpu is left offline for all games.

you could always disable optimus and use only the nvidia gpu.

Not possible to disable iGpus with present generation of cards as the dGpu uses the integrated gpu to render content. The newer dGpu have no direct sight to the output unlike the previous versions where we could disable optimus.

I currently have intel centirlo 2230 and I hate it! At home, i get a usual speed 16mb/1mb, but when I am at school, my internet is worst than any computer. The internet speed is usually around 40mb/30mb, but I only get around .01mb/.001mb. I can barely load any website. This is really irritating. I will try to flash my bios and then, replace the wifi card with intel ac 7260. I will update about my current laptop.

nvidia drivers are working great for me on Win8.1 x64 , just right-click the .exe and choose to run with nvidia graphics (instead of the integrated Intel 4600)

you could also force it from the nvidia control panel for every game/app,

I'm using Win 7 but I'll give it a shot though.

Has anyone seen any battery life improvements with this mod? I searched the thread and I was unable to find anyone saying anything about that.

Removing the whitelist wouldn't do anything to the battery life. Depending on the wifi card you replace it with you could see better or worse but I doubt it would be big enough to notice.

I have the 1.09 version bios and that works with the bios unlock not just the whitelist mod from what I can tell. There are options for the video and for overclocking, would any of those options help battery life. I love this laptop but I don't need all the power all the time. If I could just shut off the Nvidia card like what normal Optimus does rather than just leaving it idle like I think the GPU Auto Select does in the drivers that would be great.

Can someone help me? When I tried to make a back up, I ran the backup.bat file as admin, and I get no back up files? Also, what file do I transfer for biosfixer 2.0.? For some reason, when I run my backup.bat file, it automatically closes. Please help me!

Look at page 51 and 52 when we helped bandorammer or wte