Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Yes it is, I will update the first post soon. 3.05 is locked down, so the only possibility is to downgrade to v2.07. Flashing a modified 3.05 after this is technically possible, the problem is that I'm not sure whether 3.05 also requires the latest EC to work properly. Some people said they were willing to do some tests, as soon as I find some time I'll look into this as well.

With the default one that's in the bios, should be this one, right? 80.07.A8.00.2E

Will mod the ultrabay as well. Flickering might be gone with the mod, but can't promise it.

Nice!

Please don't forget the ultrabay vBIOS, because the built-in GPU runs on 75-80C, but the ultrabay is 95-98C, so the 2nd VGA is the one that really needs undervolt.

Why not just mod the vBIOS that I've linked? I've tested that one and it is not flickering. http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-318.html#post78489

Built in vBIOS: 80.07.A8.00.2E

Ultrabay vBIOS: 80.07.A8.00.32 (P044n-b751)

about bios:

I currently have BIOS 3.05 and ec 2.07.

With the default one that's in the bios, should be this one, right? 80.07.A8.00.2E

Will mod the ultrabay as well. Flickering might be gone with the mod, but can't promise it.

Dear svl7!

Bios used for internal nvidia is based on the presence of ultrabay. If ultrabay card is removed, different bios is loaded for internal vga.

Your vga unlock is only affecting the the bios used with sli, when ultrabay is removed, internal nvidia is locked again.

There are 2 different nvidia bios in packed in system bios:

post-17279-14494996836368_thumb.jpg

So if it is possible, please mod all the bios, and if vga voltage mod will not be universal, please don't forget 750m owners. :)

( As of lowered 3D voltage, is it possible, to set it via parameter? )

Thanks and regards

Adam

A different vbios is loaded? That answers the question of why does the intel gpu get disabled if ultrabay card is present.

Btw any update regarding the bios unlock + vbios undervolts? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bios update is not required for this product - Notebook, Desktop ...

On lenovo website. And now i`m running 1.10 long way from bios 3.xx

Ye, that is total bull... I am lucky, because I have 3.05, but I cant even imagine what new features and fixes were applied compared to 1.xx and it is not public to download...

Ok thanks rune.

i modded the backup bios from a Win7 computer and reflashed. But still i get boot problems.

When i turn on the laptop, a "_" cursor appears in the upper left corner for about a few seconds, and then the Lenovo logo appears.

I have now installed the original 2230-N Card and now i have no boot problems. I still have the modded bios installed.

The "_" cursor only appears now for a few milliseconds when i turn on the laptop.

I dont know whats wrong (?)

best regards

Everybody happy new year!

Is there any solution or special setting known for these problems?

I have the same problems:

After flashing everything looked ok, but i too get the reboot and boot problems.

My setup: y510p (stock was 2.02 updated to 2.07), modded 2.07 , intel 7260AC, samsung 840 Pro 256 GB ssd in hdd space, and original 1tb disk in HDD caddy in optical drive bay(ultrabay)

Problems:

1. Almost everytime ( more then 80% of powerups) when i boot with the AC connected, it hangs a bit longer then normal @ the "_" upperleft corner, then Lenovo logo appears and laptop hangs for about 15-20 secs, then auto shutsoff and on, and boots fine.

2. Without the AC the hanging problem does appear, only not as often, (less then 50% of powerups),

3. Laptop wont go to sleep when BT is turned on, (i have the latest drivers from intel, for BT 3.1.1311 and for wifi: 16.6.0)

I tried to reflash bios, remod bios, change bios settings but nothing helped.

Workaround for the sleep problem is to use hibernate instead of sleep, (but then i have the Long / hanging boot problem)....., or disable the BT radio.

And all this sums up to: PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

Hi decoen, I wrote few words about it here. I had similar problems with slow booting (about 1 min with 512GB SSD lol), sleeping error and non-working bluetooth too. After I changed my Intel 7260 N to Intel 6235 it solved all of my problems.

i had the hang boot problem and it solved after i disabled the secure boot in the bios

Thx but secureboot is already fully disabled, i have win 7, so doesn't work

- - - Updated - - -

Hi decoen, I wrote few words about it here. I had similar problems with slow booting (about 1 min with 512GB SSD lol), sleeping error and non-working bluetooth too. After I changed my Intel 7260 N to Intel 6235 it solved all of my problems.

Also thanks, but no really a solution because i want AC. maybe it is a problem with certain versions of the 7260ac

I hope not, i just ordered a 7260 ac for my Y510p..

Mine works perfect I dunno what they did wrong :P I did hear that the ones they sell on ebay are just fakes with the intel stickers on them so maybe that is the problem. I got mine from Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Network-7260-HMWG-WiFi-Wireless-AC-7260-H-T-Dual-Band-2x2-AC-Bluetooth-/221261687154?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3384396972

^Those spicybomb ones are the fakes^

I'm pretty sure 3.05 does not support the 7260ac. It *may* support the 7260 non-AC as they have started selling Y410p models with that preinstalled. Unfortunately the only 7260ac I had turned out to be a fakey ebay one, so I didn't test this (properly), but that would be my guess...

I bought the ac 7260 2days ago but damn the whitelist.. just annoying i wouldnt buy the y510p if i did know beforehand. i would gone to the asus but they have only 17" but that will still be better than lenovo.

Hey guys,

I got my 7260AC in my Lenovo Y510p right now, and after flashing the custom 2.07 bios, it works. Only thing is, I am not able to use sleep mode anymore, and also I have some boot issues. The laptop hangs sometimes at the lenovo logo, and after a shutdown, it normally proceeds with booting.

Does anyone know some fixes?

Hey guys,

I got my 7260AC in my Lenovo Y510p right now, and after flashing the custom 2.07 bios, it works. Only thing is, I am not able to use sleep mode anymore, and also I have some boot issues. The laptop hangs sometimes at the lenovo logo, and after a shutdown, it normally proceeds with booting.

Does anyone know some fixes?

Another one, i have the same issues see post: #437

SVL7 can you please look into this? i'm prepared to give more beers for the effort.

Thx