Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I am looking for further guidance on my issue. Lenovo y510p, whitelist removal or addition of Intel 7260ac to existing whitelist. BIOS 3.05 74CN44wwIntel®

Here is the info on the lenovo fru 04W3814, Intel 7260AC+BT4.0 This would make many people happy. Could you add this to whitelist please.

Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086&REV_4B

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_0280

Lenovo FRU: 04W3814

I have received error 280 on the flash programs

Please help!

Have anyone noticed after upgrading windows 8 to windows 8.1 that SLI is not working ?

There's a BIOS update for the ultrabay card that should enable SLI again. Even with that and the latest drivers, my SLI is kind of spotty. Works for some things, not for others. Your mileage may vary.

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

For those who don't like the restrictions put on their system by Lenovo, here's a BIOS mod that will get you back at least some of the freedom you should have over your own hardware.

Features:

- Wlan whitelist removed, any (hardware-wise compatible) card should now work

- hidden BIOS menus unlocked

- VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities

Keep in mind that not necessarily all of the BIOS options available with this mod will function completely, so use the new functionality with care. If you're unsure about something don't change it and ask here, someone might be able to help.

This is currently only for v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 users. If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

EDIT: v2.04 and v2.07 added (only whitelist removal as for now, more to follow).

Instructions:

• Create a backup of your own BIOS by using this tool.
    The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt.
    Don't delete your backup file, you will need it in case you want to go back to the stock BIOS some times. Also don't share it since it contains your personal Windows key including activation.
  • Download the attached BiosFixer, simply drag and drop your BIOS backup on it and it will create your personal mod for you.
  • Flash the modified file with the tool from the first step, use the command below:
    fptw64 -f v1xxMod.bin -bios

• Wait for the flash process to finish, if you don't get an error reboot. (You can safely ignore warnings about non-existing regions).

If you get and 'Error 104' when trying to flash, grab this archive and extract the file to the folder with the flash tool. Overwrite the original one.

In case you still get the error after doing this, run fptw64 -i > info.txt and attach the .txt file to a post here, then I should be able to help you.

Can someone please post some pictures of the bios menus? Thanks.

A screenshot of Nvidia Inspector showing the OC part would be nice as well, just for visual confirmation. I don't have a system to test it myself.

My donation link in case you want to buy me a beer ;)

i created an account here jsut for this. once i can, i will be doing this. thank you for your hard work!

I am attempting to do this and I can't get the backup working. When I run the backup I get an error that says "fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

'fptw64' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help is appreciated.

I am attempting to do this and I can't get the backup working. When I run the backup I get an error that says "fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

'fptw64' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm guessing you're in the wrong folder in the command prompt. The CMD window will start in C:\WINDOWS\system32 by default. In my case, I created an fptw64 folder in the root of the C:\ with all the files I needed, then in command prompt, to get there, I simply have to type: cd\fptw64

Once you're in the right folder, it shouldn't have any problem recognizing the fptw64 command.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for further guidance on my issue. Lenovo y510p, whitelist removal or addition of Intel 7260ac to existing whitelist. BIOS 3.05 74CN44wwIntel®

Here is the info on the lenovo fru 04W3814, Intel 7260AC+BT4.0 This would make many people happy. Could you add this to whitelist please.

Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086&REV_4B

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_0280

Lenovo FRU: 04W3814

I have received error 280 on the flash programs

Please help!

Unfortunately, it seems that the 3.05 BIOS has write protection on it that prevents custom BIOS files from being flashed. A number of us have tried (and failed) to get around this. I'm still hanging on for hope that a solution will come, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also worth mentioning, once I flashed a 3.05 BIOS, I was unable to flash back to an older BIOS file.

For those who don't like the restrictions put on their system by Lenovo, here's a BIOS mod that will get you back at least some of the freedom you should have over your own hardware.

Features:

Keep in mind that not necessarily all of the BIOS options available with this mod will function completely, so use the new functionality with care. If you're unsure about something don't change it and ask here, someone might be able to help.

This is currently only for v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 users. If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

EDIT: v2.04 and v2.07 added (only whitelist removal as for now, more to follow).

Instructions:

The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt.
    Don't delete your backup file, you will need it in case you want to go back to the stock BIOS some times. Also don't share it since it contains your personal Windows key including activation.
  • Download the attached BiosFixer, simply drag and drop your BIOS backup on it and it will create your personal mod for you.
  • Flash the modified file with the tool from the first step, use the command below:

• Wait for the flash process to finish, if you don't get an error reboot. (You can safely ignore warnings about non-existing regions).

If you get and 'Error 104' when trying to flash, grab this archive and extract the file to the folder with the flash tool. Overwrite the original one.

In case you still get the error after doing this, run fptw64 -i > info.txt and attach the .txt file to a post here, then I should be able to help you.

A screenshot of Nvidia Inspector showing the OC part would be nice as well, just for visual confirmation. I don't have a system to test it myself.

Please help me. I don't how to call the .bat in admin cmd.

I'm guessing you're in the wrong folder in the command prompt. The CMD window will start in C:\WINDOWS\system32 by default. In my case, I created an fptw64 folder in the root of the C:\ with all the files I needed, then in command prompt, to get there, I simply have to type: cd\fptw64

Once you're in the right folder, it shouldn't have any problem recognizing the fptw64 command.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, it seems that the 3.05 BIOS has write protection on it that prevents custom BIOS files from being flashed. A number of us have tried (and failed) to get around this. I'm still hanging on for hope that a solution will come, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also worth mentioning, once I flashed a 3.05 BIOS, I was unable to flash back to an older BIOS file.

Would it be possible to accomplish addition of lenovo Fru 3814, Intel 7260AC if you have the actual BIOS program 74CN44WW from Lenovo?

- - - Updated - - -

- - Updated - - -

I have a question about the bios version.

My IdeaPad Y410p bios version is 2.07. Is it harmless to flash an older version ? (1.10) or would it have any negative effect regarding the hardware, for example earlier Y410p came with the GT750M but mine I bought in november and came wit hthe GT755M.

I just want to unlock the bios features and maybe push a little bit the GPU

Features:

Instructions:

I like your explantion but it wont work for me. This is what is happening as i run backup.bat file from the archive. Please help me, I am trying to upgrade the wifi card. Thanks very much.

post-19947-14494996685634_thumb.png

I like your explantion but it wont work for me. This is what is happening as i run backup.bat file from the archive. Please help me, I am trying to upgrade the wifi card. Thanks very much.

[ATTACH]9935[/ATTACH]

you are running fpt from system32 and i can see it's in a folder called bios if you put that bios folder in on the c: drive the command for getting to that folder would start with

CD C:\bios\ (enter)

and then run the script.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just performed the flash on a y410p 1.07, worked perfectly.

The hardest part was installing the 7260, as the case was giving me problems and wouldn't come off. When I was going in I was thinking that I would be like a brain surgeon, get in get out minimal damage, and almost immediately I realized that was not possible. I had to go in like a bull in a china shop and pray that the shop wouldn't burn down.

Thanks for everyones help on these forums, really great source of knowledge, I wish I could offer you free cookies. But their mine... sorry.

Hi all,

I also want to install a 7260 on mine Y510P with bios 2.02, But offcourse the 'unauthorized hardware " message.

Already sent a PM with my bios to svl7 couple of days ago offering some free beers, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

many thanks.

Hi all,

I also want to install a 7260 on mine Y510P with bios 2.02, But offcourse the 'unauthorized hardware " message.

Already sent a PM with my bios to svl7 couple of days ago offering some free beers, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

many thanks.

You can use BIOS 2.07 from the first post. Just make sure to not install any 3.x BIOSes, they are protected against any modifications.

I have the y510p with the graphics Ultrabay in SLI mode. I am hoping to unlock the BIOS to add my already owned Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 card; however, the system shipped with BIOS v3.05.

If I downgrade to v2.07 will this cause any issues for me? I am also curious if I have to change any of the graphics bios settings (I am not very familiar with "vbios"). So the second post about updating the SLI graphics was confusing to me.

If I downgrade to v2.07 will this cause problems with my graphics SLI setup? If anyone has any advice or guidance, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, got a small question for the OP or anyone else who's done this mod.

Already read most of the thread but didn't find any info on this.

Besides overclocking, does this modded BIOS let you change the fan values?

I'd like to make my y510p run a bit cooler when gaming for long periods, 85-90C on the CPU is a bit too close for comfort for me, especially when summer starts rolling in.

Thanks.

Hello. sorry for my English - I use the translator. I have a problem with y510p. And in the course of the experiments, I came to the conclusion that the problem is in the BIOS.

When I replaced my hdd by ssd crucial_M4 he does not appear in the list of devices in the BIOS. However, when you boot from the ssd cache 24G (on which I installed 8) crucial_M4 available in Windows Explorer and in disk management. I tried to change all the settings in the BIOS but crucial ssd and has not appeared in the list. On other computers crucial_M4_ssd is displayed in the BIOS. You can record crucial to the white list.

Thank you.

Hello I spoke with the problem in Lenovo, they refused to help me referring to hardware incompatibility.

I would greatly appreciate some help or hint in solving my problem.

My SSD does not appear in the list of devices bios. But there SSD in the Device Manager windows and functioning correctly. In Lenovo said that the problem in SSD - but SSD running on other computers and I am sure that the problem is in the BIOS

I dont think you would benefit anything from that.

And if you extract it from main bios, it has different size.(larger) Bios editor is able to open, seems fine, but could not flash integrated bios intoultrabay. Nvflash said all device id is full of zeros....

So is there any way to modify the v3.05 BIOS to whitelist wireless cards? I have yet to actually see any posts explaining how to downgrade from v3.05 to v2.07 or below.

I am at the point where I might just go ahead and remove the BIOS and edit it with a dediprog or similar tool; however, I'd really prefer not to do this, as it might require de-soldering the chip.

If anyone has any tips on downgrading or some advise on how to do this within the software, I'd highly appreciate it.