Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Yes, but still not working.

What is your driver's version? here is the link to intel about the driver and manage software: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software — Intel® PROSet/ Wireless Software Downloads

support link:Support for the Intel® Wireless-N 7260

Recommendations after upgrading from Windows 7* to Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*: Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Recommendations after upgrading from Windows 7* to Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*

hope one of them can help

THANK YOU!!!! I love this machine and for the price, nothing cat beat it. It's a shame that Lenovo places bogus restrictions on hardware upgrades that are fully compatible with the system other than their stupid BIOS whitelist. This sounds like it may be illegal according to FTC regulations.

svl7,

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that the BIOS 2.04 patch has worked perfectly! I am now able to use my Intel wireless card and it is working flawlessly. I just wanted to thank you for taking the trouble to do this, you have saved my laptop!

I will be sure to donate to your cause :)

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7,

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that the BIOS 2.04 patch has worked perfectly! I am now able to use my Intel wireless card and it is working flawlessly. I just wanted to thank you for taking the trouble to do this, you have saved my laptop!

I will be sure to donate to your cause :)

Do you have problems rebooting ?

Now i tried the last 4 times no problems :S

Tried to search and didn't see this answered, but will flashing the ultra bay SLI affect using it in a non-flashed system?

I have a dual model, but am trying to sell my second card since I have no need for the extra power and I don't want to screw it up for someone else if it ends up selling.

Also, it seems my machine has 1.07 - when I check the Lenovo site it shows no updates available. Is there somewhere else these are located at?

Tried to search and didn't see this answered, but will flashing the ultra bay SLI affect using it in a non-flashed system?

I have a dual model, but am trying to sell my second card since I have no need for the extra power and I don't want to screw it up for someone else if it ends up selling.

Also, it seems my machine has 1.07 - when I check the Lenovo site it shows no updates available. Is there somewhere else these are located at?

how much are you asking for the second card?

cheers,

For those of you wanting mods for the recent vBIOS updates, I submitted a new vBIOS mod request to svl7 here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-6.html#post72163

Feel free to test it out and provide feedback once the mods are released. I can't really test it out myself since I'm still on Windows 8 and won't be updating to 8.1.

For those of you wanting mods for the recent vBIOS updates, I submitted a new vBIOS mod request to svl7 here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-6.html#post72163

Feel free to test it out and provide feedback once the mods are released. I can't really test it out myself since I'm still on Windows 8 and won't be updating to 8.1.

Why wouldn't you update since lenovo have fixed the vbios to support sli now?

Do you have problems rebooting ?

Now i tried the last 4 times no problems :S

Everythings been perfectly fine here. No problems at all, perhaps you should try resetting your BIOS settings to default? If need be let me know if you want me to list out all of my BIOS settings just in case its a setting specific thing.

Any ideas what have even changed since the 1.07 release? If nothing worthwhile has been added then it won't matter, but I can't image this many releases with nothing new.

I flashed my 1.07 without issue - couldn't be easier. After work I plan to swap out the wifi card to get back my 5gz access. Thank you for this!

Everythings been perfectly fine here. No problems at all, perhaps you should try resetting your BIOS settings to default? If need be let me know if you want me to list out all of my BIOS settings just in case its a setting specific thing.

Hey yeah that would be nice i did try to run it by default as well.

Hey yeah that would be nice i did try to run it by default as well.

OK here we go:

Configuration Tab:

USB Legacy - Enabled

Wireless - Enabled

SATA Controller Mode - AHCI

Power Beep - Disabled

Always On USB - Disabled

Intel Virtual Technology - Enabled

BIOS Back Flash - Disabled

Deep S3 Function - Disabled

Boot Tab:

Boot Mode - Legacy Support

Boot Priority - Legacy First

USB Boot - Enabled

Exit Tab

OS Optimised Defaults - Other OS

That should be every configurable option covered with the limited BIOS. Hope this helps :)

• Thumbs Up 1

OK here we go:

Configuration Tab:

USB Legacy - Enabled

Wireless - Enabled

SATA Controller Mode - AHCI

Power Beep - Disabled

Always On USB - Disabled

Intel Virtual Technology - Enabled

BIOS Back Flash - Disabled

Deep S3 Function - Disabled

Boot Tab:

Boot Mode - Legacy Support

Boot Priority - Legacy First

USB Boot - Enabled

Exit Tab

OS Optimised Defaults - Other OS

That should be every configurable option covered with the limited BIOS. Hope this helps :)

Well i can see you are not running windows 8.1 then. so unfortunately not really

Did try your settings, but they didn't helped wondering if i should try to reflash the bios.

Good News Everyone.

I remade my modded bios from the same bios backup and flashed it did 10 restarts now and everything seems working. :)

Well i can see you are not running windows 8.1 then. so unfortunately not really

Did try your settings, but they didn't helped wondering if i should try to reflash the bios.

Good News Everyone.

I remade my modded bios from the same bios backup and flashed it did 10 restarts now and everything seems working. :)

Hey rune

I'm also having trouble booting; same symptoms as you described in post 228 (if i remember correctly).

My specs are :

Y510p with dual 755M, bios 2.04

Couldn't drag and drop my backup bios onto the bios patcher when running it as administrator, so ran it default.

Could you tell me the exact step's of your modding procedure ?

best regards

Hey rune

I'm also having trouble booting; same symptoms as you described in post 228 (if i remember correctly).

My specs are :

Y510p with dual 755M, bios 2.04

Couldn't drag and drop my backup bios onto the bios patcher when running it as administrator, so ran it default.

Could you tell me the exact step's of your modding procedure ?

best regards

Of course i can :)

I took my old backupbios the one I used for the first modded bios.

I used my dropbox and took my girlsfriend windows 7 laptop and made the modded bios.

back on my own computer i took the files into a folder C:\bios\.

Open cmd as administrator. C:\windows\system32\ right click run as administrator.

typed CD C:\bios\

copy pasted fptw64 -f v2xxMod.bin -bios and executed.

and exit.

It is still working today just tried.

Of course i can :)

I took my old backupbios the one I used for the first modded bios.

I used my dropbox and took my girlsfriend windows 7 laptop and made the modded bios.

back on my own computer i took the files into a folder C:\bios\.

Open cmd as administrator. C:\windows\system32\ right click run as administrator.

typed CD C:\bios\

copy pasted fptw64 -f v2xxMod.bin -bios and executed.

and exit.

It is still working today just tried.

Ok thanks rune.

i modded the backup bios from a Win7 computer and reflashed. But still i get boot problems.

When i turn on the laptop, a "_" cursor appears in the upper left corner for about a few seconds, and then the Lenovo logo appears.

I have now installed the original 2230-N Card and now i have no boot problems. I still have the modded bios installed.

The "_" cursor only appears now for a few milliseconds when i turn on the laptop.

I dont know whats wrong (?)

best regards

Ok thanks rune.

i modded the backup bios from a Win7 computer and reflashed. But still i get boot problems.

When i turn on the laptop, a "_" cursor appears in the upper left corner for about a few seconds, and then the Lenovo logo appears.

I have now installed the original 2230-N Card and now i have no boot problems. I still have the modded bios installed.

The "_" cursor only appears now for a few milliseconds when i turn on the laptop.

I dont know whats wrong (?)

best regards

i got this too, but not a problem I think. It is ok

- - - Updated - - -

where are you getting this 2.07 bios for your y510p when latest on Lenovo site 1.10?

This is the manufacturer one, coming with the laptop I bought. I got it in oct.