Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I am trying to whitelist my new intel 7260 and, think I have a newer version of y510p bios which is 2.07. I was not sure yesterday, but after double checking in my bios setting today, it is a v2.07. Lenovo does update their bios really quick. Does anyone know this version?

Same here (v2.07) but on y410p. Svl7, I'll drop $30 to your laptop fund if you can help us out :)

Hi!

Today i saw NGFF SSDs in stock on Amazon.

Is hidden options contain anything about disabling/enabling Intel Smart Response?

Is it possible to move Win8 on ngff ssd and boot from it?

I think you can, but you need to adjust the setting in bios and the way you format that drive. I tried to do a fresh os installation. In some way, I can see it in drive options before the os installed but not be able to see that partition after a Win8 is done except using the recovery cds. I have not tried to explore. Probably, driver?

Slightly off topic - just looking to do this bios mod on my new y510 - dont want to brick!

Anyway - ordered a new ssd for it - can anybody give me some advice as to what settings in the bios should be set to for a new install - bit clueless - its all new to me

Thanks for any guidance

Hi there. I actually got stuck in the first step which is this "Create a backup of your own BIOS by using this tool.

The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt."

I have no idea how I can run the .bat file.

please help me~

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I found how to do it. Please let me know if this is right or not.

I put all Fptw64 folders' files into c\windows\system32 and run cmd by admin and typed "start backup.bat" and it seems like backing up my bios.

and it says writing flash contents to file "bios.bin"...

does this mean my bios backup has been saved in bios.bin file?

I dragged this file to bio-fixer program and nothing happened!!!!!!!!!!

its just saying "Input file: bios.bin" thats it!!!! what should I do??????

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wow solved it again.

first, I had to pull out bios.bin file to desktop from system32 file.

it worked!!!!!!

Hi there. I actually got stuck in the first step which is this "Create a backup of your own BIOS by using this tool.

The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt."

I have no idea how I can run the .bat file.

please help me~

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I found how to do it. Please let me know if this is right or not.

I put all Fptw64 folders' files into c\windows\system32 and run cmd by admin and typed "start backup.bat" and it seems like backing up my bios.

and it says writing flash contents to file "bios.bin"...

does this mean my bios backup has been saved in bios.bin file?

I dragged this file to bio-fixer program and nothing happened!!!!!!!!!!

its just saying "Input file: bios.bin" thats it!!!! what should I do??????

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wow solved it again.

first, I had to pull out bios.bin file to desktop from system32 file.

it worked!!!!!!

gw7737 - did you have a y510p or a y410p, and what was your original BIOS version?

Just got a new y510p

Would like to put a 5ghz card in the laptop ie Intel Ultimate N 6300

Would this get mod allow this? Just want to be sure as I dont want to end up bricking this thing

With the modded bios you would be able to use your wifi card.

gw7737 - did you have a y510p or a y410p, and what was your original BIOS version?

Mine is y510p and version is v1.09.

After I unlocked my bios I installed BCM943228HMB but seems like this is worse than n2230. I guess intel ac7260 is the best way.

which driver are you using ? proset ?

I have no idea. I just used a program that contains every wireless card drivers in. I am outside so I cant even check the name. But why? Do you think I have to change or upgrade the driver?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1048_1050&item_id=062806

Is this the intel ac7260? Why does it say ac1200?? Anyone know?

I have no idea. I just used a program that contains every wireless card drivers in. I am outside so I cant even check the name. But why? Do you think I have to change or upgrade the driver?

- - - Updated - - -

Canada Computers | Networking | Intel AC1200 (7260HMW) 7260.HMWWB 802.11ac, dual band 2x2, Bluetooth 4.0, PCIe Half Mini Card, USB, HMC Brown Box

Yes, that is the 7260 card, but I don't know why it says ac1200. I originally had weird issues with my driver from Proset, and then I went on Intel's site Intel® Driver Update Utility , and find a new driver. It fixed up some of the 2230's issues but I'm still planning on replacing the card.

- - - Updated - - -

Canada Computers | Networking | Intel AC1200 (7260HMW) 7260.HMWWB 802.11ac, dual band 2x2, Bluetooth 4.0, PCIe Half Mini Card, USB, HMC Brown Box

I think it's the link speed they want to tell about :)

Here you can see the diffrent serie numbers, as far as i can it's the right version.

On the driver issue go to intel Intel® Driver Update Utility

Here you can see the diffrent

7260.HMW

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

2.4/5 Ghz 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 ​

HMC Form factor (M.2 Format 7260.NGW)

7260.HMW AN

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

2.4/5 Ghz 802.11 a/b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0

HMC Form factor (M.2 Format 7260.NGW AN)

7260.HMW NB

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

2.4/5 Ghz 802.11 a/b/g/n

HMC Form factor (M.2 Format 7260.NGW NB)​

7260.HMW BN

Intel® Wireless-N 7260 Plus Bluetooth

2.4 Ghz 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0

HMC Form factor (M.2 Format 7260.NGW BN)

I noticed that most of the people in this thread are trying to install the Intel AC card. I am attempting to just get a dual band wireless N card in. Will this still be compatible?

If you are buying a new card you might as well get the 7260 it supports dual band n as well so why not get the newest :) but otherwise as long as i only dual band with two antennas then you are good to go.

I noticed that most of the people in this thread are trying to install the Intel AC card. I am attempting to just get a dual band wireless N card in. Will this still be compatible?

The Intel 6235 works well and supports multiple bands and Bluetooth. Cheers,

If you are buying a new card you might as well get the 7260 it supports dual band n as well so why not get the newest :) but otherwise as long as i only dual band with two antennas then you are good to go.

I already have the chip is the thing. I got it a while back when I was planning on upgrading my Yoga's wireless card, but couldn't gain access to it.

I already have the chip is the thing. I got it a while back when I was planning on upgrading my Yoga's wireless card, but couldn't gain access to it.

Well i do not see any problem with that :) as long as the new bios is unlocked.