Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
38 minutes ago, felix74 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone has a solution to the 3.08 bios? 

Thanks

Felix

Hi!

You can download and flash mod bios from this link:  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

You can download and flash mod bios from this link:  

Thanks a lot, finally I have made it !!! :)

off topic,

is there a way to insert (burn) model & SN into motherboard bios ?

have a new board, want my original SN in it. same computer Y510P

Thanks

Felix

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: yeah, looks like I just didn't know how to run a .bat file.  I'm fine deleting this post if someone can tell me where/how to do that.

I'm new to this, so there's a decent chance I just don't understand what's going on, but instruction (1) is confusing me.

I've got all the files downloaded, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be running that fptw64 application first and then the .bat file or what. 

Also, when I run the fptw64 application, it opens the cmd window and just has a list of functions, with "press any key to continue" prompts twice and then automatically closes.  An error file is then generated that has the text inside "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help."

I don't want to continue with the instructions because it seems like some sort of actual backup file is supposed to be getting generated and that's not happening.

fpt tool files.png

fpt tool report.png

Edited by y510p2020
new knowledge

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, y510p2020 said:

when I run the fptw64 application, it opens the cmd window and just has a list of functions, with "press any key to continue" prompts twice and then automatically closes. 

Hi! 

Don't run fptw64.exe! 

Just run backup.bat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a ton for the bios mod. I am looking to undervolt my GPU(single gt755m) as my temps are going through the roof and i am facing extreme thermal throttling. Currently i am on bios v3.08. I have already undervolted my CPU to -0.100 and active core ratio multipliers to x17(for all cores). didn't change anything else. Can someone guide me on how to undervolt my gpu as i am a noob in this area and don't really want to mess anything up by doing things on my own. This is my only laptop. Do i need to flash the unlocked bios as mentioned in the instructions for undervolting , or can i do it without flashing the moded v3.05? Also do i need to use nvidea inspector or the msi aferburner. Can someone guide me how to do so with either of the two softwares. Also how low can this gpu go in terms of undervolting. Thanks in advance!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, i am a Y510p user. If i want to upgrade my wifi card to 5Ghz wifi card, is there any recommendation?

I have read somewhere that Intel Wireless ac 7260 is a good replacement wifi card but need to install bios, i am not sure how to do it and does it really work,

Anyone can guide me? Thanks a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how to get access to file  Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip  Unable to download 

receive this message:

If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to one or a combination of the following reasons:

• Your account lacks the proper credentials to access this download (e.g. T|I Elite or promoted permissions). 
  • Your account has not been validated or may have been disabled due to violations.
  • The download is restricted to certain permission groups which you are not a part of currently.

If you feel you should have access to this file and do not, then please message an administrator or moderator for resolution.

• Bios Modder
24 minutes ago, ORPAZ said:

how to get access to file  Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip  Unable to download 

Hi!

Read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Attemps to read bios using a programmer has failed on my G700. As the y510p model seems to be very similar and from the same lenovo era I am wondering if this process would also work on lenovo G700? Any alternatives of remove the wifi restrictions on G700 would be much appreciated.

Edited by spiderthink

Hi there, 

I been looking for a modified bios for my lenovo G700. I want to replace my original card with an intel 7260ac.  However, the bios on this model got a lenovo protection on it. I found some information online how to read the bios using a programmer however this has failed for me. So i am looking into alternative methods to do that.

I am wondering if the process described for the lenovo y510p would work on my G700. These both laptops seems to be from the same lenovo era they look very similar.

If got any info in how to unlock my bios for wifi upgrade on my g700 would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by spiderthink