Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

On 8/22/2018 at 10:13 PM, Couce Blunt said:

Hi, I had a question about this BIOS mod. Does this allow me to undervolt the main GPU? (Not the Ultrabay one) I didn't see anything for that in the BIOS screenshots, that's why I'm asking.

Also, I have already upgraded to BIOS v3.08. Using the link you have provided, will I be able to undervolt the main GPU?

Can I flash the unlocked Ultrabay VBIOS along with the provided 3.08 mod link? Or will I have any compatibility issues?

Even I want to undervolt Primary 755m. (Non SLI)

Do I need to Flash Bios & Vbios provided?

or just the Bios? 

Thanks

@Donz7733Undervolting of GPU is done by software NVidia Inspector (I'm also using it for undervolting). You can download and install this software and try to undervolt your GPU. If it is not possible - probably you need to flash your bios like in the first post manual. As you don't like to undervolt Ultrabay GPU (or maybe you don't have it at all), it is not necessary to  flash VBios from second post of this topic (because it is only for SLI users).

13 hours ago, MADNESSS said:

@Donz7733Undervolting of GPU is done by software NVidia Inspector (I'm also using it for undervolting). You can download and install this software and try to undervolt your GPU. If it is not possible - probably you need to flash your bios like in the first post manual. As you don't like to undervolt Ultrabay GPU (or maybe you don't have it at all), it is not necessary to  flash VBios from second post of this topic (because it is only for SLI users).

Thanks. 

Was searching this topic yesterday and flashed the Bios. Using Nvidia Inspector now.

Edited by Donz7733

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, so I decided to upgrade my y510p laptop which has i54200m and a single gt 755m card to i7 4700mq, and a 2nd gt 755m, I already have the modded v3.05 bios installed as presented in the 1st post of this topic, so now I only need to update bios for ultrabay gpu from 2nd post (Ultra Bay VBIOS for [v3.05]_modified.zip) and im fine? Or is there more to do? Im also upgrading to 170w ac adapter. Thank you for your help

On 11/19/2018 at 11:02 PM, lenovo188 said:

Hello, so I decided to upgrade my y510p laptop which has i54200m and a single gt 755m card to i7 4700mq, and a 2nd gt 755m, I already have the modded v3.05 bios installed as presented in the 1st post of this topic, so now I only need to update bios for ultrabay gpu from 2nd post (Ultra Bay VBIOS for [v3.05]_modified.zip) and im fine? Or is there more to do? Im also upgrading to 170w ac adapter. Thank you for your help

Thats it. You are good to go. 

Even I have a 4200m and single 755. Will try to upgrade it if I get them for low price.

Hello! I decided to upgrade my WIFI 2300 to 7260ac. I made a dump, replaced 370 line, assembled it on a USB flash drive, and when upgrading from 3.05, I get an error 201 ftp

Is the AC 7260 the best adapter possible on y510p?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings dear friends, I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p desktop computer, and I can’t adjust the RAM frequency through BIOS, by default it stands at 1333 Hz, and I wanted it at 1600 Hz. How can I increase the frequency, can anyone help me to make a modernized BIOS for my PC?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
On 1/6/2019 at 5:33 AM, mikefromdot said:

Does anyone happen to have a new link to the ultrabay vbios? The one in post 2 appears to be a dead link.

Hi!

Right now I checked link in post 2. It's worked without any problems.

• Bios Modder
47 minutes ago, alexansi4 said:

Hi there! 

It's weird, it didn't work for me either.. Gives this kind of message

Screenshot_20190110-084736.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So I'm trying to fix the dedicated graphics on my y410p, since it's getting a code 43. I've tried everything from installing the recommended legacy drivers, to installing windows 8.1 (which the laptop came with), and I've also installed linux to no avail. This bios mod is my last resort, I'm looking to install it and see if I can undervolt it to see whether it's just unstable at stock speeds. If anyone can offer advice that'd be wonderful. I'm fairly certain the dedicated gt 755m is dead, but I figure this is worth a shot. I'm learning something new anyway.

• 1 month later...

Successfully followed instructions to mod BIOS (v3.05) and installation of Intel AC 7260 (upgraded from N 7260), on Y510p running Windows 10.

Difficulties, Solutions (all to the credit of TI members) and Suggestions:

-suggestion: Subscribe to the $6/month TI Elite membership so you can download instantly w/out having to comment .

-suggestion: download the driver for your new WiFi card before you begin but esp. before installing your WiFi card.

-suggestion: unzip files to new folder in C:\ drive so when you have to type paths in cmd prompt they are short easy.  (i.e. C:\biosmod\USBtool (subfolders for ind. downloads))

-diff creating bootable USB, click "Start" on Format tool got error message. Solved- I clicked OK (closed error message) and then clicked "Start" again.

-Step 1 where is Admin Command Prompt? Solve open Task Manager, File, Run new task, check "Create this task with Administrative privileges," then OK

-Step 1 run Fptw64 tool. Solve. change directory (i.e. type  cd C:\biosmod\Fptw64tool\Fptw64_(8_series), Enter then type backup.bat, Enter. "bios.bin" file appears in same folder as .bat file

-Step 2 After download of zip, you will unzip the "Lenovo Y510p-Y410p [v3.05] modified" files to your created subfolder and then move the contents of folder 1 to your USB disk

-Step 2 then you run the Bios Fixer in folder 2 and drag your "bios.bin" file into the white square which creates your v305mod.bin file in same folder then move that to USB disk

-Step 3 you have to Enable Bios Backflash or error. To open computers BIOS menu at startup. Shutdown computer and then start and immediately hold down F2 to open BIOS menu.

-!!while you are in BIOS menu you also need to change Boot Mode to Legacy to boot from your prepared USB disk

-everything else was easy just pay attention to svl7 instructions.

- here is the wifi card I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MGH2JN2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by N8Jack

• 1 month later...

I am considering installing the unlocked Bios in order to disable hyperthreading. Does anyone know if the unlocked Bios would, indeed, allow me to do so?

Currently I've set a Linux kernel option to disable hyperthreading, but apparently using the Bios to do this gives slightly better performance.

• 5 weeks later...

I have question.
At the moment I read Your post on theme lenovo Y510p.
When I will did update, which WiFi card can I use (type).
There is new mod for bios Version 3.08?
How I understand (now) i have version 3.08 i must make downgrade and replace.

So I successfully updated to the 3.05 modded BIOS on my Y410P but I screwed up afterwards. I noticed some odd stuttering in the games I was playing after teh mod so I fiddeled with someof the graphics settings.

Needless to say I did a right good job bricking the machine...

Now the system boots but does not show a display.

Things I've tried:

- FN+R with the 3.05 Crisis file but I get the 9 short beeps error for incorrect ROM.

- Attempted the steps listed here with no success.

Edited by Lain