Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I modded my BIOS years ago and my laptop has been running great ever since.  So thank you all for the help!

However, I have a new question.  I was wondering if I am able to reset my laptop to factory settings and keep the modded BIOS.  I modded my BIOS just so I can use a better wifi card.  I do not have the stock wifi card so if the old BIOS gets reinstalled then I will be stuck.  So, how can I reset my laptop while not changing my modded BIOS and wifi card?

Edited by bandomroner

• Bios Modder
On 22.02.2018 at 7:14 AM, bandomroner said:

I modded my BIOS years ago and my laptop has been running great ever since.  So thank you all for the help!

However, I have a new question.  I was wondering if I am able to reset my laptop to factory settings and keep the modded BIOS.  I modded my BIOS just so I can use a better wifi card.  I do not have the stock wifi card so if the old BIOS gets reinstalled then I will be stuck.  So, how can I reset my laptop while not changing my modded BIOS and wifi card?

To reset your laptop to factory setting, just go in bios setup menu and on the last page "Save and Exit" set "Default Settings", then push F10 button to save, then push "Enter" button.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can give me assistance with installing this new bios. I am beyond frustrated right now as I've been trying to update this for the past 2hrs. I've followed the instructions from the first post and also searched this topic for other problems/ issues people have had that I am currently having. What are they? Well, everything! Not one thing goes as the instructions say... I'm using a y410p on 3.05 bios..... 

First, when trying to create a bootable dos usb - it gives media write protect. I have searched and performed 5-6 different methods to try and correct this, but nope still has problems. I resorted to going back to a very old lenovo thinkpad running vista to try... It did not give me the error but I really have no idea if it "worked".   

Secondly, I cannot create a bios backup because once I double click on the .bat nothing happens! Run it as admin in cmd prompt? Ok, did it.... It did nothing, no backup created. I then thought, maybe I can use my y510p bios that I already upgraded the bios over a year ago with....Nope, dragging and dropping the bios.bin on the y410p using the biosfixer does nothing. All it does is open the program and warns about reading instructions.... So I thought since I already have the 3.05modded bios from my y510p lets try that! 

Third, I go to downgrade the bios. I open the .exe it gives me an ac detect error....I search and find a solution that it is a bios setting. I reboot and enable backsupport in bios. Save and restart. I try to run the downgrader again, same AC detect error..... 

I have a new 7260 card that I would very much like to use (as I have with my y510p, what a difference!) but I can't get this bios updated/modded. 

If anyone can please shed some light on this and give me a hand I would very, very much appreciate it!! 

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all i have been having kernal display driver has stopped responding but has recovered errors CONSTANTLY, fkn impossible to game ( excuse my french ). I have done everyhing besides this and the only solution is to downclock my CPU+GPU even though my temperatures dont go above 70* i get these errors. I have just finished backflashing my bios to 3.05 from 3.08 however for the step:

(2) - Download Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip and  put the files of folder [1] to the root of your prepared USB DOS stick.
Let the BiosFixer prepare your BIOS for flashing by drag and dropping your backup file on it. Put the created "v305mod.bin" file to the root of your USB DOS drive as well.

It is saying i do not have the credentials to download it. May someone help me out here please? im really anxious to get this bios mod mixed into my rig and mess with the voltages and crap to HOPEFULLY be my remedy, my cure to my last 3yr nvidia crashes every 2-5min PLEASE I AM BEGGING!!!!

Okay I have all the files and right now im trying to put my backup bios on the BIOSFixer and when it opens it says for v2.04 and 2.07 ( I am on 3.05 bios )  anyway i drag my 3.05backup bios in the program still and says: in pic below

What do i do ? please help!

Capture.PNG

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Benchedadc said:

Okay I have all the files and right now im trying to put my backup bios on the BIOSFixer and when it opens it says for v2.04 and 2.07 ( I am on 3.05 bios )  anyway i drag my 3.05backup bios in the program still and says: in pic below

What do i do ? please help!

Capture.PNG

Hi!

For modify bios v3.05, you should use BiosFixer for v3.05. You can search it in "Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified" folder from the first page of this thread. 

Hello... Just updated to modified bios with my y510p 750m sli everything great for first gpu but i cant flash the modified vbios for the second what nvflash version you guys used and is it okay to not use booting from usb for this? 

edit: finally succeded but with a file from the web since i cant download here but almost bricked my ultrabay gpu so back to 80.07.9D.00.3D  Can someone tell me what to do to download vbios modified from here?

Edited by gQx
update

• 1 month later...

Hello dear

Unfortunately for me, my ideapad Y510P is already upgraded to BIOS version 3.08. What can I do to remove the whitelist? I really need to replace my wifi module because it drops most of times. So much times that I'm forced to use ethernet cable. Updating the wifi drivers doesn't fix the provlem. Using a wifi dongle suck because most of times they are thick and take place over the near usb port.

It's raging having a such good laptop and not be able to use the wireless connection around the house :(

Please I need HELP

Thanks in Advance

My system:

Lenovo ideapad Y510P

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Version 1709

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, mijd said:

Hello dear

Unfortunately for me, my ideapad Y510P is already upgraded to BIOS version 3.08. What can I do to remove the whitelist? I really need to replace my wifi module because it drops most of times. So much times that I'm forced to use ethernet cable. Updating the wifi drivers doesn't fix the provlem. Using a wifi dongle suck because most of times they are thick and take place over the near usb port.

It's raging having a such good laptop and not be able to use the wireless connection around the house :(

Please I need HELP

Thanks in Advance

My system:

Lenovo ideapad Y510P

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Version 1709

Hi!

In your case, just download and flash mod bios from this link:  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I had a question about this BIOS mod. Does this allow me to undervolt the main GPU? (Not the Ultrabay one) I didn't see anything for that in the BIOS screenshots, that's why I'm asking.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:45 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

In your case, just download and flash mod bios from this link:  

Also, I have already upgraded to BIOS v3.08. Using the link you have provided, will I be able to undervolt the main GPU?

Can I flash the unlocked Ultrabay VBIOS along with the provided 3.08 mod link? Or will I have any compatibility issues?

Edited by Couce Blunt

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

In Y510P when you insert second vga, iGPU is powered off, it is mean that internall GT755M vired directly to eDP display.

Inside the main bios there is couple of VGA bioses, and when you using second vga device use one of them, and when you use just built-in card system uses another vga bios.

SO! Why won't we able to make bios thet can disable iGPU and make the internal 750m/755m the one discrete card?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have been locked out of bios

there is a supervisor password. i didn't set a password for my bios ever, so it may have been set on the last bios update automatically.

i want to flash it using a bootable disk, but the tools that i used up until now haven't worked.

my Back Flash is disabled. i want to know that with backflash disabled, can i use this method to flash an older version of the bios?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, Klem said:

For enable safeguard against meltdown, you need install Windows update only.

For enable safeguard against spectre, you need install Windows update and new CPU microcode. In laptop Lenovo Y410p / Y510p we can see Haswell CPU, for that CPU Intel already present new microcode 23, with spectre/meltdown fix. Therefore, if it's needed, we can change in any bios versions the old microcode to the new one, any time now.

Many many months after Intel issued probably final microcode-update-guidance

2018-04-02

https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2018/04/microcode-update-guidance.pdf

2018-08-02

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/sa00115-microcode-update-guidance.pdf

It is "safe" to say that fix is stable enough for modding it in - I volunteer my laptop as guinea pig for The Fix.

Edited by mathorv