Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

• Bios Modder

It is not error, it is say to you that you should run the backup.bat as Administrator.

For run as Administrator, just right click mouse on the backup.bat, then in opened menu choice "Run as Administrator".

Edited by Klem

52 minutes ago, Klem said:

It is not error, it is say to you that you should run the backup.bat as Administrator.

For run as Administrator, just right click mouse on the backup.bat, then in opened menu choice "Run as Administrator".

Thanks!

If I directly run the .bat as an administrator, I get this message:

cmd.png

1 hour ago, Klem said:

You can run the Command Prompt as Administrator, then navigate to folder with fptw64, then type: backup.bat , then Enter.

Thanks

I have already done what you have indicated.

How can I tell if I have done the copy correctly?

Where is the copy created? I can not find it

cmd.png

Hello all,

I was wondering if i can Bios flash the Main GPU with the Ultra Bay 755m.rom, so that i can have voltage control over it aswell?

Thank you in advance :)

NVM, Found out that the Main GPU bios is part of the system bios - by installing the MODDED BIOS you install a MODDED BIOS for the Main GPU aswell.

Main GPU bios is part of the mobo bios.

Sorry, to bother you with my stupid questions and not digging a bit to find it out myself.

Have a great day all.

:)

Edited by ceko

On 9/11/2013 at 6:38 PM, svl7 said:
  • v3.05 mod users download the attached file and put it on your USB drive as well (here is the modified vbios for 750m users with v1.0x (obsolete)). Rename the file so that the name has no more than eight characters (not counting the extension). It's a DOS limitation.

The file cannot be found. Is there any way i could get this file. it links to https://www.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/8250d1373543023-y500-y400-sli-750m-80.07.9d.00.11-oc.zip

Edited by [LEVO]FuzzyThor

• Bios Modder
51 minutes ago, [LEVO]FuzzyThor said:

The file cannot be found. Is there any way i could get this file. it links to https://www.techinferno.com/attachments/lenovo-ibm/8250d1373543023-y500-y400-sli-750m-80.07.9d.00.11-oc.zip

Ultra Bay VBIOS for [v3.05]_modified.zip

Hi

i changed my lenovo y510p motherboard after it failed

now my product name and lenovo sn is invalid and uuid number is fffff.... is bios

i want to know is there anyway to change them in this bios mod?

or is there any other way to rewrite them?

thanks alot

This forum is great, I'm happy to see that people are not giving up on this laptop. :)

Despite the many issues Lenovo designed into the product, this is a nice one.

@Klem: thanks for preparing the v3.08 mod!

Checking the version history between v3.05 and v3.08, the only difference Lenovo mentions is the "UEFI security" fix they applied. Do you see any further changes compared v3.05?

I am using the laptop with the v3.08 now and with Win10, and I wonder if going back to v3.05 will introduce any incompatibility or other issues.

• Bios Modder
8 minutes ago, relent said:

Do you see any further changes compared v3.05?

I am using the laptop with the v3.08 now and with Win10, and I wonder if going back to v3.05 will introduce any incompatibility or other issues.

Hi!

No big difference between 3.05 and 3.08. I think that you can use 3.05 version without any issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Btw., does someone know if reassigning a front led as a HDD activity indicator would be a bios modification, or it's not possible?

Maybe I am the only one missing the HDD led. :)

Edited by relent

Anyone having an issue with SLI config after the mod? Maybe it's not related, but I noticed that the autostart nvidia inspector settings are not working, checked the nvidia control panel and the SLI config is always off after each reboot, saying something like: sli conifg has changed, refresh and click apply.

I removed the inspector from autostart, I tried with 'clean' reboot (did not even launch inspector), but the sli issue is always present.

I use the latest driver from nvidia, but I will try to reinstall it and post an update.

If anyone knows met this before and knows the root cause, I appreciate if you share it.

17 hours ago, moisesmcardona said:

Ok so I wanna try this mod with my Y510p, as I can no longer run throttlestop to disable the BD-HOT or whatever it's called due to the recent Windows 10 Insider builds.

I'm on 3.08. Basically do I just rollback to 3.05 and then follow the instructions right?

Thanks!

@Klem also has a way to do it for 3.08 if you prefer that BIOS. I reverted back to 3.05, worked fine, I can undervolt the GPUs ok. 

So everything seems fine with 3.08 here.

Soon after flashing MS pushed me the Creators Update which hosed my OS to a fresh reinstall.

I was tempted to install v1607 of Win10 but a fresh install of v1703 via USB using Media Creation Tool works well.

After that I had the SLi bug appear.  This is a documented issue with Windows, my solution may have been either the system BIOS re-flash, the driver update, or the removal of the 2nd 755m - boot and wait FIVE minutes (you were advised) for Windows to install the Intel GPU - boot and replace the 2nd 755m.  We'll never know. :rofl:

@relent FWIW I'd try re-flashing the system BIOS.

Hi guys, great community here. I was postponing for a long time to change the bios but now I need to do it as I would like to change my wifi card. Do you have any recomandari what should I buy now in 2017?thank you very much 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
51 minutes ago, mihail1 said:

if not, how to do downgrade to 3.05?

(0) - NOTE: This step is Only necessary if your system using BIOS v3.08
Downgrade to the official v3.05 BIOS provided by Lenovo

• (1) - Create a backup of your own BIOS (now v3.05) by using Fptw64 tool.
    Extract the files and run the included .bat file from an admin command prompt.
  • (2) - Download Lenovo_Y510p-Y410p_[v3.05]_modified.zip and  put the files of folder [1] to the root of your prepared USB DOS stick.
    Let the BiosFixer prepare your BIOS for flashing by drag and dropping your backup file on it. Put the created "v305mod.bin" file to the root of your USB DOS drive as well.
  • (3) - Now you need to downgrade the firmware back to v2.07 (Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].zip) in order to flash the mod.
  • (4) - Boot from your USB DOS drive, when you see the command prompt type BIOS and hit enter. Wait until the BIOS is flashed (you can safely ignore warnings about non-existing regions).
  • (5) - Once the BIOS flash completed with no errors, type EC and hit enter. Wait until the EC is flashed. Then reboot.
  • (6) - Go to the BIOS setup menu, load the default settings, apply and reboot.
    Done. In case you're using an ultra bay GPU follow the instructions in post #2 and flash the vbios..

NOTE: It's crucial that you flash both, BIOS and EC. Having different EC and BIOS versions can in certain situations lead to issues.

Edited by Klem