Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hey guys! Wow I am so impressed with how many people within the community came together to stand up to Lenovo, and give them the finger. I have been wanting to replace my network card for the longest time, but I could never find a community that supported it. Now that I have, I cannot wait to get started. I ordered my Intel 7260 network card the other day, and it just showed up today. Before I dive in and potentially make a mistake, my bios version is currently v3.08 . Will that be a problem in any way?

Thanks Asiu - I bricked my y410p (from undervolting) and got it working via the JCMOS2 procedure.

One thing I did a bit differently - as a part of my gyrations to get things going again, I installed a RAM module in the upper slot (the wrong slot for only 1 DIMM).  It was right after that that the screen came back on. 

Hi all, a bit of help please.

backup.bat will not create a backup BIOS file.  It stops with the error:

"ftpw64 is not recognized as a internal, external command, operable system or batch file"

I am running it from an Admin cmd prompt.  I've even disabled the antivirus software

There is an Error log note: "Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account.

Any solution?

y510p, win10 64 home, 755m sli, bios 3.05 stock.

EDIT:  I'm further along.  After moving the directory to the root drive C:\  when running backup.bat I see this:

------
C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd c:\

c:\>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

c:\>cd fptw64

c:\fptw64>pause

c:\fptw64>fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version:  9.0.0.1310
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

PMXUtil: Error during PMX Call: idrvdll.dll!IDRVInstallDriver(): Failed to start loaded service err: 2

Error 284: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).

c:\fptw64>pause

------

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Fuzzilla
New development

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say a mondo Thank You to SLV7 and all those who helped stuff this thread with all the info here.

:frantics:THANK YOU !  :frantics:

I was able to successfully flash my Y510P's BIOS\EC and video BIOS using nothing but the files posted here and your knowledge.  Now I'm ready to try Klem's v3.08 modded, hope he replies soon.

For those who come later, when I got stuck I found the info on pgs.70 - 82 most helpful.  I hope you can avoid having to read the thread nearly in it's entirety.

I'm off to buy some folks some beers......

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, Fuzzilla said:

Now I'm ready to try Klem's v3.08 modded, hope he replies soon.

Hi!

Ok. Now, as first step, you need upgrade to v3.08 and after that create and send me your file backup of bios.  For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results".

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Edited by Klem

• Bios Modder
Just now, quesoo said:

i just bought a y510p and it had bios 3.08 installed.

i was googling for a modified bios to disable integrated graphics and found this thread.

@Klem here is a 3.08 bios backup.

i hope you can help me and several others.

thanks in advance

You can't disable Intel integrated graphics. If you try to do it, then laptop get black screen. It's Optimus technology.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Now, as first step, you need upgrade to v3.08 and after that create and send me your file backup of bios.  For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results".

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

@Klem:  Just to verify, you need me to flash to the Lenovo official stock 3.08 BIOS from the Lenovo website then send you the backup.  Is this correct?

• Bios Modder
Just now, Fuzzilla said:

@Klem:  Just to verify, you need me to flash to the Lenovo official stock 3.08 BIOS from the Lenovo website then send you the backup.  Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

@Klem What does your bios-mod offer comparatively to svl7's mod? Is their any possibility for tweaking the bios to disable the SLI completely and enable IGP while the ultrabay is still inserted for better battery timings?

Edited by daicharade1

• Bios Modder
2 minutes ago, daicharade1 said:

@Klem What does your bios-mod offer comparatively to svl7's mod? Is it possible to disable the SLI completely and enable IGP while the ultrabay is still inserted for better battery timings?

Hi!

No any differences. Exactly the same. Just based on the 3.08 bios version.

• Bios Modder
1 minute ago, daicharade1 said:

@Klem Ok. Is their any possibility for tweaking the bios to disable the SLI completely and enable IGP while the ultrabay is still inserted for better battery timings?

I think no.

Hi, I do not speak Spanish very well. I feel it.

I am trying to use the HP USB disk storage format tool but it does not create any folder on the pendrive.

It is normal?

Is there another way to create the bootable usb?

Thank you!!

• Bios Modder
10 hours ago, dankito said:

Hi, I do not speak Spanish very well. I feel it.

I am trying to use the HP USB disk storage format tool but it does not create any folder on the pendrive.

It is normal?

Is there another way to create the bootable usb?

Thank you!!

You can try to use the Rufus utility.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Klem said:

You can try to use the Rufus utility.

Thanks!! 

I believe I have succeeded. Now I have another problem. I can not make the copy of my BIOS. I do not know what parameter to pass to make the copy. I run the .exe from the cmd but it asks for a command and I do not know which one to put.

-------------

Gracias!!
Ahora tengo otro problema. No puedo hacer la copia de mi BIOS. No sé que parámetro pasarle para que me haga la copia.
Ejecuto el .exe desde el cmd pero me pide un comando y no sé cual poner.

Gracias!!

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, dankito said:

I can not make the copy of my BIOS.

If you use the download link from the first page of this thread, then you can see this: 

For prepare backup of your  bios, just download and extract  archive  "Fptw64_(8_series).zip", then run the command file backup.bat

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Klem said:

If you use the download link from the first page of this thread, then you can see this: 

For prepare backup of your  bios, just download and extract  archive  "Fptw64_(8_series).zip", then run the command file backup.bat

Thanks,

When trying to execute backup.bat I get the following error:

The .exe file is configured to run as administrator.