Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Someone please help me and tell me why my Lenovo y510p model 20217 v3.05 non sli laptop cannot create the backup of the bios required in step two of loading the (ready to load) boot drive??? Plz I'm dying with this centrino here and its 2017

Can someone send me a ready boot disk folder I can copy straight to a bootable usb for the y510p model 20217 bios 3.05???? anything

Edited by baselch

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, TonyChengPan said:

Does anyone know how to downgrade BIOS from 3.08 to 2.07/2.04? Thanks

If you want to go back to stock v2.07 you can do that easily by simply using the Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe from the first page of this thread.

Edited by Klem

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, EmiyaKiritsugu said:

I would love to try modded bios too.... but when I try to download file I get this:

2805e026faf4eaf201364575a7e41bcd.png

Hi!

Just read "User account promotion rules" :

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 2:26 PM, jxordan said:

I would not suggest any overclocking on the y510p, you will have definite thermal issues, that's if you pass the first barrier of proper overclocking, stick to turbo boost

• 4 weeks later...

About y510p i7 4700MQ overclocking.

OC form 3.4GHz up to 3.6GHz is possible via Intel XTU or ThrottleStop 8.

I would suggest undervolting CPU anyway -75mV should be stable with or without OC.

Many units require CPU/GPU repaste - it was done poorly by Lenovo.

Klem made a 3.08 BIOS/UEFI biosmod but I got cold feet before flashing.

If anyone is interested in testing Klem's Biosmod whisper him, most of people here wanted latest Biosmod.

Is Bios 2.07 with EC 3.05 stable? (If the new mod was successful would be possible to mix 2.07 bios with EC3.08)

Referring to Y510p external Ultrabay Graphics card

Here are the scenarios that have worked for me:

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.07   EC: 2.07   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.07   EC: 2.07   GPU: 6670

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 3.05   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 3.05   GPU: 6670

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 2.07   GPU: RX 480

OS: Windows 10   Boot: Legacy    BIOS: 2.04   EC: 2.07   GPU: 6670

Edited by mathorv

HEy guys, I downflashed mine from 3.08 to the stock 2.07 and now the lenovo logo flashes for a couple of milliseconds and then the screen flashes off and on (black baground) indefinitely. Did i have to do something to my Vbios as well? Or should I re-flash back to 3.08? Doesn't seem to want to display anything. although I can get into bios and it tells me 2.07 is installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 1:25 AM, Klem said:

If you want to go back to stock v2.07 you can do that easily by simply using the Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe from the first page of this thread.

Hi. When I tried to downgrade the firmware to 2.07 using Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe. I got a bios version compare error. 

biosversionerror.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am using 3.08 bios and ive tried reflasing for 3.05 to follow the steps shown here. However, i am having some trouble downgrading my bios. Everytime i run tge program it tells me that i have a newer bios version installled...

• Bios Modder
23 hours ago, Bivoca said:

I am using 3.08 bios and ive tried reflasing for 3.05 to follow the steps shown here. However, i am having some trouble downgrading my bios. Everytime i run tge program it tells me that i have a newer bios version installled...

Hi!

You don't need downgrading your bios. Just create backup of your actual bios, and post it here.

Thanks, will do.

Just another question though: I am trying to create the booteable USB drive (its a 8GB USB stick), as instructed in page 1. However, i keep getting an error saying that the disk is read write protected, wven though i already entered diskpart and makde sure it is not (and even formatted it uwing windows... 

Any toughts?

I DE-BRICK Y410p

I managed to un-brick my y410p. All you need is a screw driver.

I bricked my y410p after I undervotl-ed my CPU. Yeah, I didn't know it would brick the laptop.

All the information online told me there's no simple fix.

There are two methods I found:

1. Replace with a different CPU and it will reset the settings. Change back to the original CPU afterwards.

2. Swap the BIOS soldered on the mobo.

But the good news is you can un-brick it easily.

I'm not sure what did the job. But all you need is a screwdriver.

In short, try to reset the BIOS settings by using key combos: press F2 during boot, then F9 enter, F10 enter.

Then remove all extra device, including RAM, HDD, WiFi card and UltraBay device.

Then let the system run for 5 min, and then connect the JCMOS2 connectors while the system is on.

Plug back everything and it's done.

Here's what I did.

1. Try to reset BIOS settings by  key combos: press F2 during boot, then F9 and enter, then F10 and enter. Shut down the system afterwards.

2. Remove Ultra Bay device, battery (NOT the one soldered on mobo)

3. Remove the back cover and then remove the RAM, WiFi card, and all SSD/HDD.

4. Plug in the AC power cord and start the system

5. The system will keep turning on and off. Let it run for 5 min

6. Connect the JCMOS2 connectors with a conductor (e.g. copper wire) for many times while the system is on

7.  Turn off the system and plug in the RAM

8. BOOM! IT BOOTS!

9. Then reboot into BIOS and reset the settings manually by pressing F9 and enter.

10. Save and then shutdown the system

11. Plug back everything into the system. DONE!

Here's a weird thing. It actually didn't reset all the BIOS settings but only OC settings.

I had overclocking disabled after all the steps. But other settings remain the same as I last modified them .

So you may need to reset the BIOS manually to make sure everything works fine.

Edited by asiu
  • Thumbs Up 2