Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hmm

On May 3, 2016 at 7:07 AM, PKBO said:

Update * i found 1.05 on some chinese server, so its flashed now, i was able to get into windows with both cards... but still not able to setup SLI -> W8 installed... 

At this point Id call up Lenovo and ask them what's going on with the laptop maybe the model you received came with a dvd drive and the person who sold it to you swapped in the extra GPU? What did the computer have installed on it before? What OS? Was the SLI working prior?

Edited by iTbag

SN tells me that it was originaly shiped, the guy told me it was working fine, there is w8 pre-installed, i called to lenovo and the guys told me to come here and try to ask people here, cause they dont know what to do else. 

9 hours ago, PKBO said:

SN tells me that it was originaly shiped, the guy told me it was working fine, there is w8 pre-installed, i called to lenovo and the guys told me to come here and try to ask people here, cause they dont know what to do else. 

Wow... I'm not sure what else to do about that.. Which bios have you tried using? Maybe it's  the wrong bios for your model? I'm really running out of ideas here but maybe that's the issue?

-edit-

whent back and looked at your previous post and noticed you've used pretty much every bios version. Do you know if the ultra bay card is a 750M or maybe it's a 755M? That could be the issue you might have 2 different GPUs in the laptopthat's the only thing I can think of at this point. 

Edited by iTbag
Updated info

4 hours ago, PKBO said:

No, its exactly same, 750m5... 

Would you be able to take a picture of the ultrabay card? So I can search the model of it.

if not that's totally fine as well.

5 minutes ago, iTbag said:

Would you be able to take a picture of the ultrabay card? So I can search the model of it.

if not that's totally fine as well.

After doing some research on the 750M5 I found that, that is a different card then what's inside the computer.  

Taken from from another site ->

did anyone find a solution for this?

my y510p has an onboard gt750m card and i got the gt750m5 and it gave me an error when i boot : unauthorised slave vga card

So ya, I'd look into getting a normal GT750M and NOT an M5.

On May 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Krzysztof said:

and I(

Because your account is currently in pre-promotion status, you can not download anything until your account is "promoted".

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 11:25 PM, [LEVO]FuzzyThor said:

I just got myself a y510p and i love it. I just installed a 960 ssd from crucial and a 256 m2 ssd from my digital ssd.

I cant wait to try this.

I got mine on Ebay for aroung $500 over a year ago and I been running a BP4 256Gig M-Sata ssd in mine for a few months which helped speed it up a bit, but I just replaced the super fast 5400RPM 1TB drive with a PNY 480Gig ssd that I got at Fry's for $109 and it just flies now The slow TB drive was slowing it down but now it is blazing fast and I also maxed out the memory with 16Gigs and that helped speed it up quite a bit too.

Edited by jgdiaz2167

Hello guys

I have a y510p laptop with gt755m sli.I have modded my bios and everything went fine but my default gpu's core clock shows 1098 and the ultrabay gpu's core clock shows 980.Also range of overcloking is wider on the default gpu than its on the ultrabayed one.I hope maybe one of you can make me understand the reason behind this and help me solve the problem.

Edited by Centurion

Hi everyone,

I just want to provide some insight on issues I've encountered and what the solutions were to them when trying to apply this lenovo y410P v3.05 mod on my Lenovo y410p, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit.

On Step# 1, I couldn't run the backup.bat file in the administrator command console by finding the path to the folder that contained the "backup.bat" and executing it through the command console. I got some error that said "fparts.txt file not found" or something of the sort, even though it existed in the same folder. So the solution I found on this forum was to follow what this person said below:

On 4/7/2016 at 10:32 PM, Azenoth said:

There was an earlier post addressing this. He said to make a folder in your C drive named "fptw64".

Next, you open a command prompt in administrator mode and type: cd\fptw64

Then, type: backup

After doing all of those, you can find the "bios" file in the fptw64 folder!

This worked for me! A file named "bios.bin" was then created in the same folder as the backup.bat file.

On Step# 3, I couldn't get the (Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe) to run. I kept getting an error that stated "BIOS version compare error!". The solution is stated below:

On 4/8/2016 at 1:44 AM, intuxikated said:

reboot into your bios settings, and make sure the "bios flashback" setting is enabled.

you probably have bios version 3.08 or something like i did and have to revert to the older 3.05, which requires you to have the "bios flashback" setting enabled

After enabling "bios flashback" in the bios, I rebooted the computer and ran the v207_stock.exe again and it worked!

On Step# 4, I couldn't boot into the bootable DOS drive that I created in the initial instructions. The boot manager just totally couldn't see it.

The solution was to enter the bios and go to the "Boot" tab and change the "Boot Mode" from [UEFI] to [Legacy Support]. It also helped that I changed the "Boot Priority" to [Legacy First] ("Boot Priority" will show up after changing the "Boot Mode" to [Legacy Support]).

On Step# 5, After typing in "EC" and hitting enter, I let the computer do it's thing. The computer then rebooted, and the Lenovo splash screen was running some kind of "Automatic Repair" whatever. I just went ahead and rebooted the computer again and everything was fine.

I hope this helps some of you that are running into these problems.

Edited by Aoji

HI GUYS!

I have problem after flash bios in my y510p 755m sli..

the problem is when you want to turn on the computer . the first pressing the power all the time lights 
in the display lenovo, then I have to press the button again to turn off the computer and the second time when i press power button 
the computer starts normally.
this happens only when moded BIOS . with its original switched on for the first time. sry for weak english.. I hope that u can help me 

REGARDS

Hello

I have my y510p for 3 years now, worked fine until recently, when stock wifi card broke.

I believe that now i have to flash the bios in order to get it changed for a better one. 

Can anyone please help, where can i download the new bios for installing?

Cant't wait to try it out!

On 6/5/2016 at 10:26 AM, Octavian said:

Hello

I have my y510p for 3 years now, worked fine until recently, when stock wifi card broke.

I believe that now i have to flash the bios in order to get it changed for a better one. 

Can anyone please help, where can i download the new bios for installing?

You must have 5 posts in techinferno and wait one week. After this your account will be promoted and thus you will be able to download all the files included.