Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Hey there, I was about to mod the BIOS, current version (LENOVO 74CN47WW(V3.08)1/30/2015) and found this thread.

@svl7 said if one have newer version than V3.05  he need a copy of it in order to make it work for the system.

Can you help?

Thanks

On 2/12/2015 at 8:45 AM, intruder said:

Normal would work just fine. I'm using the same for a year now. Best wifi card i've used so far. Best part, it even works on mac OSX.

Finally received it today, but when i mounted it I got the message:

"Unautorized wireless network card is plugged in. power off and remove it".

I'm gonna install the modded bios as soon as the link is back up online!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have y510p with dual GT755m SLI and stock 3.08 bios running Windows 10.

I want to undervolt ultrabay GPU to lower temperatures under heavy load.

Is it possible just to flash ultrabay card with modified bios or do I need to reflash motherboard bios as well (which I don't want to, because of risk of bricking)?

• Founder
I can't download the files... I think the website is blocking me from downloading it saying, "Your account lacks the proper credentials to access this download (e.g. T|I Elite or promoted permissions). "

Read the forum rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, so I've followed this guide to flash bios and vbios of my Y510p.

All worked fine until I reached the vbios flashing. Flashed the vbios by following all steps.

So I run a SLI setup, flashed index=1 first, this went without any problems, but index=0 showed me an error. "ERROR: Detecting GPU failed."

I should flash both GPU's right? Or just the ultrabay one?

Hope you can help me out, been trying to figure it out all day.

SOLVED. See my thread! 

Edited by Razayan
Problem SOLVED!

I have a v1.09 modded bios but I am unsure If I need to upgrade. I am running a non-whitelist wifi card and its been working great about a year but I cannot for some reason enable hibernate. I've edited the registry and it says it should have the option but the only thing I can think of is the bios holding some power state setting back. Any suggestions? should I upgrade to 2.07?

dma5291, actually the latest version of the BIOS is 3.08, but as mentioned in other posts, the difference between this new version and 3.05 are almost non existent. But one major advantage of 3.05 is that can be unlocked with the method described  in this threat, 3.08 can not. Updating your BIOS is extremely dangerous and should only be done if you need to (i.e. hardware problem), if you don't have any problems, I suggest that do not try to fix what ain't broken.

Best regards. 

17 hours ago, simondariova said:

dma5291, actually the latest version of the BIOS is 3.08, but as mentioned in other posts, the difference between this new version and 3.05 are almost non existent. But one major advantage of 3.05 is that can be unlocked with the method described  in this threat, 3.08 can not. Updating your BIOS is extremely dangerous and should only be done if you need to (i.e. hardware problem), if you don't have any problems, I suggest that do not try to fix what ain't broken.

Best regards. 

Simondariova, Upgrading and modding wasn't too difficult. I did do it before when I upgraded to the modified 1.09 so I could use a non-whitelist wireless card. I updated to 2.07 stock, removed my wireless card, updated to 3.05 backed up my bios, followed the instructions, made a modified bios bin file then loaded that to my usb drive with the extra files. downgraded to 2.07 stock, upgraded to the 3.05 moddified bios and put back my wireless card in my computer. Overall yes it was a pain.. but not too hard. My main goal here was to some how enable hibernate through the bios because I did everything on the software end to make sure that Hibernation was enabled but it didn't work even after all of the bios upgrades.

Hello, I found this thread and am in need of help. I had this bios flashed and working fine in my y410p then I went through and changed some setting specifically  in the video settings and now I have nothing but a black screen... Plugging in another monitor does nothing and can't seem to default this thing with buttons.

I have 4 options at this point to get my laptop working from what I can tell...

1) figure the right sequence of buttons to push to get into the bios and and default the settings.

2) buy another motherboard and install that then flash this bios again.

3) remove the bios battery to default the settings.

4) find a hard button reset that I do not know about.

Where I'm at on all of these...

1) I keep trying and hoping I will get it. If someone can go through and help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

2) ebay has some motherboards but then I'm down for a few days and hope that what I get will work.

3) I suck at soldering but this may be a solution if I can find someone who can solder well.

4) Does anyone have any ideas on a hard button reset? (I tried pulling the battery and holding power button, only plugging in the power cord and not the battery after holding power, ect).

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me get this working again. Thank you in advance!

On 10/15/2015 at 9:31 PM, Bobbey said:

Okay my laptop works again after it was bricked, they unsoldered they BIOS chip, then flashed it and soldered again to the board. It works but my little "problem" is that there is a black screen at the startup for about 15-20 seconds which is very annoying. Has anyone an idea how to fix that? :) Thanks in advance...

I have the same problem. You fix the issue? 

On 20.11.2015 at 3:57 PM, daveribs said:

Awesome mod! I've been lurking around for a while now and finally gave this a go. I have the Y510P model with i7, 1TB HDD, 24GB M.2 (upg. to 256GB), GT750M and 1080p matte LCD. Everything went smooth. Running Win7 x64, Intel XTU undervolt+overclock, GT750M undervolt+overclock w/ nvidiaInspector, buttery smooth and no crashes on long sessions of gaming. I've read lots and lots of forums regarding high temps but mine never seemed to get so high as to throttle (even gaming on a surface that doesn't let much air flow in), but I do use IdeaFan now just to make the hardware last longer.

I was wondering tho, if anyone has a modded ultrabay GPU for sale that works with internal GT750M, please PM me! I'm looking to upgrade this beast.

Thanks again svl7!

Hey, I'm still looking for stable values for my CPU and GPU's (2x GT755M)... You said you would undervolt+overclock both GPU and CPU... Why do you do that? would it work for me as well? Thanks in advance :)

On 3.2.2016 at 8:56 AM, bogdangepe said:

I have the same problem. You fix the issue? 

I didn't fix it yet. It's since I gave it to a computer shop and they fixed it... I would be very glad if someone had a solution and it's a software issue... but I think it could also be hardware related :(

I hope someone has an idea :D

Thanks.

This is the time I want to recommend something to every Y510p/Y500 owner (I saw some people on the previous pages of this thread who bricked their BIOSes even after there were so many posts of people who bricked their BIOSes already):

DO NEVER TRY TO UNDERVOLT OR CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS IN THE MODDED BIOS IF YOU DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR'RE DOING!

IT WON'T WORK! AND WILL CAUSE YOU SO MUCH TROUBLE...JUST DON'T DO IT!

At the beginning of this thread there is a warning:

On 12.9.2013 at 3:38 AM, svl7 said:

Keep in mind that not necessarily all of the BIOS options available with this mod will be fully functional, so use the new available settings with care.

If you're unsure about something don't change it and ask here, someone might be able to help.

In my opinion there should be said that it's extremely dangerous to change any settings you are unsure about!

I want to save you from that **** :D

Believe me :)

Edited by Bobbey