Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I've realized that it would be easier and a lot faster to downgrade to BIOS v.3.05. Unfortunately it is not available on the Lenovo website anymore and so I had to spend a lot of time looking for it. Found it within this thread and successfully downgraded to 3.05 (had to enable BIOS backflash first). Now I've ran into more problems as soon as I started with the actual manual from the first page. Tried to backup BIOS but it does nothing. Extracted all the files into 1 folder and followed exactly what it says in the manual but NOTHING!!! WTF am I doing wrong?

svl17 is their a bios mod for less voltage on cpu and gpu? i live in a place where its very warm and instead of a modded bios that has higher clocks on gpu on my y410p with the 750m, i would appreciate a lower voltage settings... i have reasearched and tried various voltages with Intel Utility and the Nvidiainspector... cpu can work really well with -100mv with turbo off... and gpu can do really well at 0.9 volts with a 925mhz core clock

i wonder.... if this can be achieved... specially the gpu voltages since i have recently bought a Ultrabay GT750m5 and the temperature issues that have been posted by other people really concern me, maybe with lower voltages using the 2 gpus dont need to be capped at 60FPS

thanks for your time :tears_of_joy::tears_of_joy:

Sup people. I hope this doesn't go unaware. I've managed to successfully upgrade from a crappy 2230 centrino wireless card to an Azurewave - Broadcom BCM-4352, but I've seen that the wireless signal is poor (like 50% of what it originally was).

What could it be? Could it be the modified BIOS?

Thanks in advance!!!

ok, so I read about 100 pages of this thread and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

Could someone please confirm the following things -

1) I have BIOS 3.05 and I only want to undervolt my Ultrabay GPU. (as it is over heating)

2) Can I undervolt my Ultrabay, just by flashing the VBIOS or do I need to flash the BIOS as well?

3) Do I need to go down to 2.07 BIOS in order to flash the VBIOS?

My CPU is under control with max temp of 80, my main GPU is fine with max temp of 80.

My Ultrabay GPU reaches 98 (on demanding games).

Thanks.

Not sure if this is posted or not, so trying again -

ok, so I read about 100 pages of this thread and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

Could someone please confirm the following things -

1) I have BIOS 3.05 and I only want to undervolt my Ultrabay GPU. (as it is over heating)

2) Can I undervolt my Ultrabay, just by flashing the VBIOS or do I need to flash the BIOS as well?

3) Do I need to go down to 2.07 BIOS in order to flash the VBIOS?

My CPU is under control with max temp of 80, my main GPU is fine with max temp of 80.

My Ultrabay GPU reaches 98 (on demanding games).

Thanks.

Note: I can delete this if it is duplicate or the mods can delete it.

About my system - GT755M SLI - Ultrabay heating upto 98 degrees within 15 min. Ambient temp is 28 - 35 degrees

So, since I had to do this, I did the entire process, followed each step meticulously. Couple of things missing and may cause problems for some users -

1) To Back flash 2.07, you need to ENABLE the BIOS back flash function in BIOS menu. This can be done at the starting of the process.

2) When you create the DOS bootable USB, it will look empty.

3) If you are trying to boot DOS from USB and it doesnt work, you will need to go into BIOS and set the boot mode to 'Legacy Support'. and then priority as 'Legacy First'.

4) After Step 3, you will be able to boot from the DOS USB (but your windows wont boot)

5) To boot windows, you will have to revert back to UEFI mode in BIOS.

Many thanks to svl7 for creating this. After applying the BIOS and the VBIOS for GT755M SLI, I did the following modifications through NvidiaInspector -

1) GPU clock down by 120

2) Memory clock down by 300

3) Undervolt by -112.5mV

The max temp I got on Ultrabay was 75 degrees (with avg of 72). The system appears stable (no crashes in about an hour of gaming) but I will try to make the undervolting to 100mV and see the stability, maybe also reset the clocks to original settings.

The CPUs are maxing at about 80 and same for the main GPU.

If anyone has any questions, I can help you out. If you have bricked your BIOS, then this thread also has several solutions to try (I just went through all the posts, yes all).

Try boot, then F2, wait, F9 and then F10.

I would recommend creating a old BIOS backup on a DOS booting USB. Thanks again.

I put Arctic Silver 5 on the Ultra Bay and replaced the thermal pads with some from an xbox 360, had to thin them out first, and my temps are peaking at about 83-85 under load from the ultrabay gpu. I just had my mother board replaced less than a month ago so it has fresh thermal paste on it. On board CPU and GPU usually floats around 80 degrees. Was thinking of doing the bios mod. Is this reversible if I backup my original bios image? I also have it on cooling pad with the bottom removed as well as the idea fan script. I have about 3 months left on my warranty. Trying to avoid voiding it out until I have to with my luck.

Currently trying to unlock my bios, I just have a couple of quick questions, as I have never done this before. How safe is this process? I need to unlock it because my wireless card is currently awful, and the internet is actually no longer usable, but if I'm just going to brick my damn computer I'd rather just keep it to do some random offline stuff on it. I have a Y410P if this helps.

Sup people. I hope this doesn't go unaware. I've managed to successfully upgrade from a crappy 2230 centrino wireless card to an Azurewave - Broadcom BCM-4352, but I've seen that the wireless signal is poor (like 50% of what it originally was).

What could it be? Could it be the modified BIOS?

Thanks in advance!!!

Try to reinstall your new Azurewave - Broadcom card (may be it is poor connection in COaxial cable) or try other wi-fi card to discard problem with Azurewave - Broadcom or its drivers

Help!

Im currently running modded 1.09 bios and i wanted to update to the newer bios modded 3.05

When i try to update to latest bios it says

InsydeH20 - Secure Flash

Error: invalid Firmware Image!!!

Pplease press any key to reset system...

How do i fix this

I also do have a AC wireless wifi adapter currently installed as well, was able to do this because of the wifi whitelist mod.

1) Should and can i still go to the new modded 3.05 bios and still keep the wlan whitelist removed as i do now

2) does anyone have the factory bios for 1.09 available?

I see there is uEFI security upgraded BIOS 3.08. Not sure if it brings any other updates (cannot find 3.06, 3.07 release notes, but for z410 someone mentioned fan ran on highest speed continiously with IdeaFan app, not sure if y510p recieved any updates regarding this).

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

ok, so i have my backup, bios.bin file,.... i put the files from folder 1 in the root of my dos usb,.... when i drag the bios.bin file onto the biosfixer.exe, it says:

"This mod will replace the VBIOS of your GPU. Read the instructions carefully.

Use at your own risk"

in a little window, and that is all that happens, i dont get the v305mod.bin file to put on my usb, in the window i can only click the tech inferno header that opens my browser

help

nevermind, i figured it out

Hi, I know you probably get this a lot but I fruited up...being a man about it. I really fruited up, and I need your help. I'm not sure if you would be able to help, but I'm still asking.. Today I decided to flash the bios mod to my laptop because the WiFi card that came with my y410p disconnects every few minutes and I wanted to change it. I flashed the mod,everything went fine and I went tinkering in my bios and changed the igpu size and now my laptop powers on but the screen is blank and the keyboard lights up. I have followed the link posted many times to recover the bios and I have the files on my flash drive and my procedure is this.. Inserted flash drive with the bios files renamed accordingly, its formatted in fat 32 (tried all 3 ports) then plugged in the power cord with the battery out while holding fn+r (also tried x and B) the flash drive would only blink once as I powered it on but nothing flashed. Please direct me as to what I can try or what key combination worked for that y410p. I have read through the posts but no one really talks about what worked for them.thanks again

I successfully flashed the bios today. It is very nice. I would like to know if the raid feature actually works and if so how do I configure it since I see no documentation. Also does the ram feature that lets me choose ram speed work with higher clocked ram. Offically the laptop with normal bios supported 1600Mhz ram would changing the option in mod bios allow me to use faster ram at higher speed? has anyone tried this and seen speed improvement?

How you guys can play any games with undervolted GPU. I tried to undervolt both GPU-s -87.5mV and game crashes every time. I am talking about GTA V.

I can go up to -137, with nvidia inspector.

BTW, which method are you using?

PD. I don't if it's just me but I can only undervolt when plugged in(with unlocked bios).

I can go up to -137, with nvidia inspector.

BTW, which method are you using?

PD. I don't if it's just me but I can only undervolt when plugged in(with unlocked bios).

I used Nvidia Inspector Of course. And my laptop is plugged in Of course. I really don't know why I can't undervolt without game crashing. Maybe I have to downclock too? Can you send me picture of your nvidia inspector?

How you guys can play any games with undervolted GPU. I tried to undervolt both GPU-s -87.5mV and game crashes every time. I am talking about GTA V.

Every chips isn't created perfectly equal. Some chips may require higher minimum voltage than others to stay stable.

It seem your chip can't handle -87.5mV UV so you'll want to give it more voltage maybe something like -50mV will do then test whether it's stable.

If it is then you may try lower it a bit more and retest but if it's not you will want to increase voltage and retest.

Are there instructions for fixing a bios update gone bad? I'd like to flash the bios of my Lenovo y510p but would like to have instructions about what to do should the update fail for whatever reason.

Where do you get bios version 2.07 and do you end up with bios version 2.07 or 3.05 after the mod is installed? It's a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance.

So NO one even bothered to help me solve my issue... But its cool, I got it sorted out by myself. I have a another question that the helpful people can once again ignore. Can someone tell me how to flash a higher default clock settings to my internal gpu? (I have the secondary 750m gpu from a 510p in my 410p and its working fine)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1