Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Does this mod allow any wifi card to work ?? I have an Intel 6300 Ultimate N here that I would like to put in?

Flashing with this mode DOES allow N6300 to work.

However, it does NOT guarantee proper connection.

N6300 is actually very buggy WiFi Card and causes mayhem in many system. Since Y510p is not designed to work 100% fine with N6300, N6300 tends to cause more trouble.

Well, N6300 actually works in Y510p. However, it depends on what WiFi connection that you are using. Some connection simply does not work with N6300+Y510p.

-

It seems like AC7260 makes less trouble, but I have seen people saying that ac7260 failed although their chipset, board, BIOS allows ac7260 to be fully functional.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All, I followed the instructions to flash the 2.07 bios and the mod. Couldn't get the bios backup tool to work as as soon as I open it , it closes. So I tried some other bios backup utility to create the file. However after installing the 7260AC card the laptop fails to boot up. Just keyboard lights up for a second and screen is blank. The fan spins though. Am I doing something wrong?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15168[/ATTACH]

Roll it back to v3.05 then reattempt flashing.

Make sure back BIOS is enabled.

Roll it back to v3.05 then reattempt flashing.

Make sure back BIOS is enabled.

I rolled it back and did the whole process again twice without any luck. Then I tried staying on 2.07 Bios and just adding the white-list mod. There were no errors. But when I connected the wifi card the same thing happened, black screen and no activity besides the fan spinning. This is the card I bought off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/200972579194.

Am I supposed to get some super specific 7260AC card for lenovo? I assumed any 7260AC should work after the whitelist removal.

Hi guys!

I have a y410p in which I want to use a gt750M5 ultrabay to build a SLI.

Last night I removed the front panel of the gt750M5 to let it fit in the y410p ultrabay. The first time it seems it worked. I was playing around over the nvidia control panel, the second card was detected correctly but after a while the laptop just restarted. After that... yes, as you imagine... I got the "Unauthorized slave vga card is plugged in. power off and remove it" message.

Will this modded bios fix this problem?

Thank you so much to this thread for helping me. My wireless card was so bad and getting worse and thanks to this thread i was able to install a new one and my internet has been working better than ever.

I just had one question though, I saw someone else ask about this but never saw an answer. I was flashing the EC and it only made it to 50% and then my laptop automatically rebooted. Is this normal? Is it something I should worry about? Should I just try and flash the EC again?

Can someone please post the LATEST MODDED BIOS for the Y510P.

I need it because I am using an Intel Wireless AC 7260try which is not on the Lenovo Whitelist and thus my laptop won't boot if I try to use this card.

I am currently using modded BIOS 3.05

So could someone please upload a MODDED version of BIOS 3.08. The couple thousand of us who are using the Y510p would REALLY be grateful!

I'm planning on installing my Intel AC 7260 very soon. I've got a Lenovo Y410P on BIOS 3.05. There's so many posts in this thread...and I'm new. Will I be able to use this wifi card with my laptop?

You need the modded bios. I have the 7260 as well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

So could someone please upload a MODDED version of BIOS 3.08. The couple thousand of us who are using the Y510p would REALLY be grateful!

i too would appreciate a 3.08 modded bios, i had to update since my computer started acting erratically (it wouldnt charge randomly) and now im stuck with 3.08

ANOTHER QUESTION, WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW IF I PLAN TO BUY A y510P uLTRABAY GPU FOR SLI INTO A Y410P? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ALL THINGS TO KNOW BECAUSE FORM WHAT I KNOW IS THIS:

1- BUY A Y510P POWER ADAPTOR (170w)

2- BUY A SECOND GRAPHICS CARD

3- MOD THE GPU BY BREAKING OR BENDING SOME KIND OF PIN.... I DONT KNOW EXACTLY

ANYTHING ELSE???? PLEASE HELP :grumpy:

Don't post in all caps, it makes it seem like you are yelling.

Y510p ultrabay card probably won't work with your Y410p. AFAIK the Y410p has the GT 750 the Y510p has the 755. Also you would need the power adapter. It's not worth bothering with if you didn't get the card with your laptop.

There's also issues reported by people who bought an aftermarket card and adapter that they can't get SLI working properly and they get stuttering in games.

Either way don't use all caps and do your own research. There's plenty of info on the lenovo forums.

Maybe this only happened to me but my OneKey button by the charging port that allows you to go to the BIOS setup doesn't work after flashing the modded BIOS. It just turns on the laptop, I have go through advanced restart to get into the BIOS.

Has anyone else experienced this/is there a fix? It's a useful feature to have incase Windows starts acting up and I can't get to the BIOS that way.

Does anyone know where to find some videocards for the y410p/510p? The only ones I can find are like $200 which is just ridiculous..

You can order the extra ultrabat gpu from thailand. Its less than $100. Not sure about the shipping thou. Just google JIB thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can order the extra ultrabat gpu from thailand. Its less than $100. Not sure about the shipping thou. Just google JIB thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy from them?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

i too would appreciate a 3.08 modded bios, i had to update since my computer started acting erratically (it wouldnt charge randomly) and now im stuck with 3.08

ANOTHER QUESTION, WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW IF I PLAN TO BUY A y510P uLTRABAY GPU FOR SLI INTO A Y410P? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ALL THINGS TO KNOW BECAUSE FORM WHAT I KNOW IS THIS:

1- BUY A Y510P POWER ADAPTOR (170w)

2- BUY A SECOND GRAPHICS CARD

3- MOD THE GPU BY BREAKING OR BENDING SOME KIND OF PIN.... I DONT KNOW EXACTLY

ANYTHING ELSE???? PLEASE HELP :grumpy:

The GT750M5 is the ultrabay option of the gt750m for the y510p. I am using one of those cards with my y410p working in SLI without any problem. You may have some problems to let it fit in the y410p, but it works. I modded mine to let it fit perfectly. The 170w adapter is needed in order to SLI function correctly, at least in my case.

The last version on Lenovo website is 3.08. Maybe we can get this version modded?

For revert back to a stock version you have to enable flashback in bios. I think there is a tutorial at the beginning of the topic .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk