Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Ok i flashed the modded bios with vbios and wanna share my thoughts..

I APPRECIATED the modded bios with custom modded vbios so much..Thanks SVL7

but with new configurations after 3 hours benchmark testing i found the best stabil GPU and MEM clocks

+160mhz on core = 1218mhz

+400mhz mem over core = 2900mhz or 5800mhz

+37.5mV voltage

BEYOND above values gpu is getting tooo hot under %99 load in 5 minutes and breaks 90C and above..especially with a combination of cpu at the same time gpu is getting easily too hot..because the left side fan cools both cpu and gpu together...but there is something very ridiculos thing i dont understand from the beginning..there is a built in DUST REMOVER thing in energy management software..when you start it both fans getting reach their topspeed..but in real time working all hardware is getting too hot under fullstress, cpu is near 98-99C and GPU is 90C but both fans working minimum %50 slower than when using dust remover program ???? because they can work faster we see it in dust remover

Is there any way to get them work continuously in its FULLSPEED just like when in dust removing or is there any option in the modded bios or SVL7 could make a new EC firmware about this??

Try this, but its not perfect. IdeaFan for y510p'>http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?t=7358

IdeaFan for y510p

• Thumbs Up 2

@slv7 Hi there,

I have recently upgraded my Lenovo Y410P to the latest 3.08 bios, but did not know about this wifi card restriction. So my only options are to downgrade to a lower bios revision (couldn't find it online but maybe someone can link to the flash file if they have a copy/know where to find one?), or to please ask you to enable support for the latest bios. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I was really looking forward to upgrading the wifi card to an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Thanks!

@slv7 Hi there,I have recently upgraded my Lenovo Y410P to the latest 3.08 bios, but did not know about this wifi card restriction. So my only options are to downgrade to a lower bios revision (couldn't find it online but maybe someone can link to the flash file if they have a copy/know where to find one?), or to please ask you to enable support for the latest bios. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I was really looking forward to upgrading the wifi card to an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.Thanks!
Do you see any improvements anywhere? Like CPU performance since it is titled haswell? Any benchmarks or games you feel running better?

Do you see any improvements anywhere? Like CPU performance since it is titled haswell? Any benchmarks or games you feel running better?

Not much to be honest, maybe slightly faster boot up times, but in terms of gaming there really has been no significant improvements (one of which I was hoping for). Benchmarks have stayed relatively the same as well. Kind of disappointed actually. Would revert back to the previous bios (3.05) if I could so that I would be able to use this mod, but haven't been able to find a reputable source hosting the flash file.

Not much to be honest, maybe slightly faster boot up times, but in terms of gaming there really has been no significant improvements (one of which I was hoping for). Benchmarks have stayed relatively the same as well. Kind of disappointed actually. Would revert back to the previous bios (3.05) if I could so that I would be able to use this mod, but haven't been able to find a reputable source hosting the flash file.

improvements over fan speeds? i am hoping a faster fan speeds in this bios

improvements over fan speeds? i am hoping a faster fan speeds in this bios

The fans have remained around the same speeds as well, although I have noticed some increased speed when playing some graphically intensive games.

I have recently upgraded my Lenovo Y410P to the latest 3.08 bios, but did not know about this wifi card restriction. So my only options are to downgrade to a lower bios revision (couldn't find it online but maybe someone can link to the flash file if they have a copy/know where to find one?), or to please ask you to enable support for the latest bios. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I was really looking forward to upgrading the wifi card to an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Thanks!

Hello friend. I'd found the link of 3.05.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/74cn44ww.exe

You need to install 3.05 then apply this mod. Remember before installation, you should let the bios to downgrade into lower version in Bios settings.

I feel really stupid, I cannot even implement step 1 properly:

"(1) - Create a backup of your own BIOS (now v3.05) by using this tool.

Extract the files and run the included .bat file from an admin command prompt."

Is the backup file supposed to be created in the directory of the tool "Fptw64_(8_series)"? there is nothing and I also searched for "bios.bin" and could not find anything.

when I start the .bat file as administrator, the cmd window opens briefly and closes in a blink of an eye again. I have no chance to read or recognize anything

I get the an error message when I execute fptw64 it manually.

I had a look at the .bat in the editor, and put a pause after each command. executing it I realized the dircectory was wrong: C:\windows\system32

Then, since the .bat file is really short I entered the commands in the cmd window:

- I changed the the directory with cd .... and then entered fptw64.

- when I entered -d bios.bin, I got the Error 26 again (see below).

Error 26: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel really stupid, I cannot even implement step 1 properly:

"(1) - Create a backup of your own BIOS (now v3.05) by using this tool.

Extract the files and run the included .bat file from an admin command prompt."

Is the backup file supposed to be created in the directory of the tool "Fptw64_(8_series)"? there is nothing and I also searched for "bios.bin" and could not find anything.

when I start the .bat file as administrator, the cmd window opens briefly and closes in a blink of an eye again. I have no chance to read or recognize anything

I get the an error message when I execute fptw64 it manually.

I had a look at the .bat in the editor, and put a pause after each command. executing it I realized the dircectory was wrong: C:\windows\system32

Then, since the .bat file is really short I entered the commands in the cmd window:

- I changed the the directory with cd .... and then entered fptw64.

- when I entered -d bios.bin, I got the Error 26 again (see below).

Error 26: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

finally it worked: i did the following:

- opened cmd as administrator

- changed directory cd....

- entered ftpw64 -d bios.bin -bios

and voilà

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey there,

for those who overclock their GPUs, how do you guys maintain a safe temperature on that thing? My gt755m keeps going over 90 degrees celsius (the ultrabay one). The other one is fine, maxes out at 70 degrees.

Also, if anyone who has performed the unlock could help me out. I am wondering if there is an area in the unlocked version to enabled audio or speakers. I believe mine somehow got disabled in the BIOS but as it is locked I cannot modify it. Just wondering if the option is there before I go ahead and flash.

Thanks!

Hey there,

for those who overclock their GPUs, how do you guys maintain a safe temperature on that thing? My gt755m keeps going over 90 degrees celsius (the ultrabay one). The other one is fine, maxes out at 70 degrees.

May I ask you what is your overclock with which voltages and in which application does it max out at 70 degrees? As for ultrabay, I believe you will have to repaste it, you can read about it here (post #15)

So... I didn't see this in the thread and got a little hung up on it until I found the answer on the Lenovo forums. If you are having issues flashing to 2.07 from 3.05 you have to enable Back Flash in the bios otherwise you will get Bios version compare error

also... does anyone know why my ssd would require me to have secureboot and legacy support enabled to boot?