Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I can't seem to get the "downgrade to v2.07" step to work.

It just says "BIOS version compare error" when i try.

Apparently the way to do it is enable back flash in the bios but i don't know how to do that either

Any suggestions?

Solved: f2 on startup, very straight forward from there on how to enable backflash

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi all!, I have the next situation. I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y410p, bios version 3.05. When I was doing a battery calibration, when the percent was in 1%, suddenly the laptop turn off and didnt turn on again... It was my second battery calibration, the first one was last year and everything was fine.

Now, obviously the battery with 0% of charge, I'd tried to turn on but it doesnt work, so after read several forums I saw a temporary solution... pull back the battery, unplugged the ac charger, plugged again and turn on, and it works... after that, with the laptop turned on, put the battery and start to charging!!, ... but... If I remove the ac charger, and plug in again, the battery not charging, The only way that works are the steps that I commented before.

I know that is not a hardware issue, is a software issue. I have a friend who has the same model laptop and swap the battery and ac charger and at his computer it works fine. So I tested the ac charger, is it ok when before connect to the laptop, 19.5V, but, with the battery inside, the ac charger down to 8 o 7V.

So this is my theory, The computer (bios), is switched to drain the battery, and it doesnt change the status, so unless change this status the battery will not charge or the computer will not start on with the battery inside and connected to the ac power.

I read that several people had this problem, with different lenovo models, so Im not the only one that I have the issue.

Question, somebody had this problem and fixit? Is a possiblity to downgrade the bios version to re-flash again? Any suggest?

Thank you for your support!

Pablo.

I'm going to get my 5 posts then try and pull this and get it working on my y510p. The 7260 can barely do 10Mbps on my 300Mbps 802.11N network and I made hte mistake of ordering a card before checking on if there was HW whitelisting. Damned Lenovo... I'll update with status/issues. THANK!

I'm trying to use a Kali Linux live boot USB to set up dual booting. After the first attempt my bios told me that the boot method wasn't secure (paraphrasing after the fact) and now I can't even see my USB as a boot option (could be my live boot install)

Does this mod help at all?

I'm trying to use a Kali Linux live boot USB to set up dual booting. After the first attempt my bios told me that the boot method wasn't secure (paraphrasing after the fact) and now I can't even see my USB as a boot option (could be my live boot install)

Does this mod help at all?

try to disable UEFI boot and change compability mode from "Windows 8" to "other OS"

hi i have this problem: i succesfully downgrade the bios to 2.07 but i cant boot on usb dos to flash the bios, on the boot option i dont have the usb option (i follow the step with hp software and also i have used rufus but the problem is the same)

thanks for the help

hi i have this problem: i succesfully downgrade the bios to 2.07 but i cant boot on usb dos to flash the bios, on the boot option i dont have the usb option (i follow the step with hp software and also i have used rufus but the problem is the same)

thanks for the help

ok i'm solved, i have to reade at page 133 of this post, sorry and thank you very much

Can I also use a bootable usb with windows for installation, instead of usb dos?

My problem is that I have only a Ubuntu installation. Installing Win would be not an option.

Please tell me how I can execute BiosFixer with win installation (Shift+F10 for console). Or is there a dos version available?

The first step is done and i got bios.bin. Now I have to fix the bios.

Used my old notebook to fix the bios. Done. But for step 3 I need to downgrade the bios. and this one is not working.

Some one any idea?

By the way the address is broken:

• Grab the latest version of nvflash for DOS, extract the files and put them on an USB stick that can boot DOS.

Hi Guys,

I am stuck on part 3 - (3) - Now you need to downgrade the firmware back to v2.07 in order to flash the mod.

When i run insydeflash i get an error - BIOS version compare error.

CPU-Z says i am running version 74cn44ww (v3.05) so i dont see why i have an issue

Any idears?

You have to enter the BIOS, then enable backflash.

Used my old notebook to fix the bios. Done. But for step 3 I need to downgrade the bios. and this one is not working.

Some one any idea?

By the way the address is broken:

I found this: NVFlash download version 5.163.0.1

Inside the zip, you'll find three folders:

\Linux

\NVFlash <-Look here for the DOS version.

\NVWinFlash

First thanks to op for his work, but what would i like to ask as im still not sure about it, so far I know the bios mod removes the whitelist for hardware, but as i understand there is also a vbios mod included? what does it acctually do? could i get lower temps with it at same performance? if someone that did the mod can spare some time and explain in short what the benefits are? Thanks