Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Okay I just backed up the bios but when I drag it to biosfixer nothing happens. the window opens and tells me to use at my own risk but the bios file isnt being modified or anything. II'm not sure whats going on.

I run it as administrator, just get the little applet window, i go into properties and set it to run as administrator and drag bios file into it, same thing. I'm really unsure if this is correct or not.

the only thing more frustrating than needing a whitelist exception to install a wifi card upgrade in my y510p, is having to to post FIVE TIMES and have the posts checked by a moderator before i can download the required files to update my laptop. count this as post numero uno!

Thank you for your modded bios! I will try it later but before I I have a question, is my current bios normal? I know the modded one will unlock a lot a features but the original is supposed to be this simple? I think it's too simple for a bios and maybe I did something wrong when I updated it... I can't find any picture with this bios on the internet so here is mine

post-31750-14494998958374_thumb.jpg

I failing on step (2).

Whenever I try to drag my bios.bin into Bios_Fixer2.0.exe nothing happens. The app just opens and tells me to be careful etc.

There is no modified .bin file that is made after doing this. In addition to that there is no 'unlock' option when right clicking the Bios Fixer.exe and selecting 'Properties'

Literally nothing happens when I try and drag .bin file onto the Bios Fixer.exe.

I've tried running as admin, disabling UAC. Basically everything.

I paid for a membership to this forum so I could download files because it seemed like it would take forever to get a mod to approve my posts and because I am impatient.

Now I have spent the last 2 hours basically wasting my time as it seems I cannot progress past this step. Other people seem to be having success. How the heck are you people getting past this step?

My back is killing me from leaning over this laptop and I feel like burning down a Lenovo factory at this point. I just want this proceedure over and done with.

Why is Bios_Fixer2.0.exe not making me the modified BIOS file?

P.S. Yes I did already update to version 3.05 from the official Lenovo website, before doing the backup via the backup.bat.

I failing on step (2).

Whenever I try to drag my bios.bin into Bios_Fixer2.0.exe nothing happens. The app just opens and tells me to be careful etc.

There is no modified .bin file that is made after doing this. In addition to that there is no 'unlock' option when right clicking the Bios Fixer.exe and selecting 'Properties'

Literally nothing happens when I try and drag .bin file onto the Bios Fixer.exe.

I've tried running as admin, disabling UAC. Basically everything.

I paid for a membership to this forum so I could download files because it seemed like it would take forever to get a mod to approve my posts and because I am impatient.

Now I have spent the last 2 hours basically wasting my time as it seems I cannot progress past this step. Other people seem to be having success. How the heck are you people getting past this step?

My back is killing me from leaning over this laptop and I feel like burning down a Lenovo factory at this point. I just want this proceedure over and done with.

Why is Bios_Fixer2.0.exe not making me the modified BIOS file?

P.S. Yes I did already update to version 3.05 from the official Lenovo website, before doing the backup via the backup.bat.

Open bios fixer program first, then drag bios.bin on the opened bios fixer program windows not on the .exe files.

Hi thanks but I fixed the problem.

The problem wasn't that, because when I tried to drag the .bin file into the opened Bios_Fixer2.0.exe there was a black circle with a cross through it. I couldn't drag anything into it at all.

What I did to fix the problem was I put all the files from folder [1] into the same directory as the Bios_Fixer2.0.exe that was in folder [2] by itself. Plus I moved the .bin backup that I made into it, and then I did exactly what you said. Dragged the file into the open Bios_Fixer2.0.exe. It seems that you need those files from folder [1] as they are part of what you need to make the modded bios.bin file. I wish that was explained in the first post but well I guess the OP went ahead and thought that you would just realise that yourself or that you would automatically stick it all on the USB drive like I did myself. I was trying to drag the .bin into the .exe whilst they were in a separate folder all by themselves.

After putting it all into the same folder I got the [+] box that allowed me to actually drag a file into the program.

I have another problem now though because I have an SLI setup.

When I try and flash the vBIOS over as explained in the second post I get this error:

XiUePke.jpg

I have no idea what that means... but because I have a SLI laptop setup with the ultrabay card. I apparently need to be able to do this... does anyone have any ideas? I can't even --save the current vBIOS that I have because it gives me the same error no matter what I try and do.

Nevermind.

I took a random stab at the idea that the first card (seeing as it's embedded into the laptop) probably shares the same BIOS as the PCs BIOS (hence why nvflash is like WTF is this?) so I just went ahead and backed up the Ultrabay card (which in this case is <1>) not <0>.

So yeah, and that worked fine. Backed it up, then flashed it over with the OC one. I couldn't do the first one, but after reading the first post I get the feeling that I am not supposed to.

As for me. I now have the modded 3.05 BIOS without a whitelist, plus the BIOS tweaks + the Ultrabay OC vBIOS.

My huge thanks to the OP and everyone on this forum. Definitely worth spending the €4.40 to get the attachment files.

Now I can use my Intel 7260HMW chip :)

Thank you for the topic.

I'm using Y510p single gpu not sli.

After I upgrade my bios version, installed memory (RAM) appears as only 4 GB, but before, this was 8 GB (7,8 GB usable)

How can I downgrade v3.05 to 2.07 ?

I couldn't download the attachment ? Does it work for me ?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the bad English.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I downgrade file to run and I get this error.

However, I must say that as far as I remember, is part of the flashbacks in the BIOS disabled AND Now my password on the BIOS because I am not able to access this section.

post-30870-14494999002917_thumb.png

Is it possible to add another feature to a bios? I need the wake on wlan feature (wake on lan works tho). I´m searching my a**** off to get this done. Only problem is that the intel smart technology is not enabled in the bios. But its implemented in the y510p intel wireless n-2230 card. That smart technology is available in the bios of other ideapad laptops so I wanna know if its possible to add it to the y510p bios somehow? I´d be willing to pay for anybody that can help me or create this modified bios. When I try to go to the device manager on the wireless card I can only see "allow this device to wake up the computer" is greyed out. So I think a custom bios with intel smart support is the only way?

Hi guys, like almost everyone else I too have a problem with y510p heat, and while I did get a cooler pad, it has very little effect on our laptop, maybe 3-4 degrees C. My question is, can I safely flash BIOS mod, and what are some expiriences with undervolting? Is it more efficient in lowering the temperatures than using the cooling pad? Thx.

did anyone here ever tried to mod the gt755m4 to gt750m and reflash the vBIOS?

i already success with this hardware mod..

but it leaves me with "EEPROM ID: Unknown" when flashing the vBIOS..

already tried several method for updating the vBIOS

- Use Lenovo nvflash

- Use nvflash from DOS

but it give me the same results

can anyone help me?

Thanks

Just tried flashing with the procedure described at the first page, and I'm getting "BIOS version compare error" when trying to downgrade to BIOS v2.07, as I have v3.05 for quite some time now. I do not have SLI, my ultrabay is regular DVD that came with y510p. Can anyone share some info on this error, and how to fix it? Thx.

Solved the "BIOS version compare error" by backtracking the posts related to v3.05, and thanks to PlaZing's post at page 98 I found out what the problem was, I needed to turn on the Bios flash back option in BIOS itself...I think this information should go on first page along with the rest of instructions related to flashing. PlaZing's post was very informative and I thank him for that. Now back to flashing to v3.05_mod.

i'm really getting frustrated right now..

my gt750m 2nd vga still stuck at EEPROM ID: Unknown..

nvflash cannot reflash the vBIOS..

i already install the BIOS mod v 3.05

and still cannot reflash the vBIOS

i use the nvflash for DOS 5.163.0.1

and use the 9D3D.rom (from lenovo) or 750mOC.rom (from svl7)

with code (nvflash -r) or (nvflash -i1 -5 -6 -r- j "filename".rom)

the result is same

still cannot pass the EEPROM Unknown..

and nothing happen..

anyone can help me?

Solved the "BIOS version compare error" by backtracking the posts related to v3.05, and thanks to PlaZing's post at page 98 I found out what the problem was, I needed to turn on the Bios flash back option in BIOS itself...I think this information should go on first page along with the rest of instructions related to flashing. PlaZing's post was very informative and I thank him for that. Now back to flashing to v3.05_mod.

I have the same system as you, so did the BIOS flash work for you? I just got my 7260 today and want to flash my bios to get it to work.