M14x R2 A13 Unlocked Bios + Modified Vbios Now Available!

Eats7

Thank you so much @Eats7 for your work on this. Running it with no issue. Only thing bugging me know is the 67C thermal GPU limit, any way around this? If you absolutely must have the thermal limit there, would it be possible to raise it to ~85C? It's about what my CPU runs at so it would be a nice even temperature.

Apart from that, great work!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much @Eats7 for your work on this. Running it with no issue. Only thing bugging me know is the 67C thermal GPU limit, any way around this? If you absolutely must have the thermal limit there, would it be possible to raise it to ~85C? It's about what my CPU runs at so it would be a nice even temperature.

Apart from that, great work!

I use nvidia game ready driver v331.82. I overclocked my rig as follows: 1181mhz for core and 3000mhz for memory and 200mv for voltage. I get 90 degrees on gpu with no throttling, lol and do not have any problems with games at high settings.

After checking, gpu only throttles at 97 degrees.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2733311

The funny thing is my scores in 3dmark 11, ice storm and the other one(cant remember name) were high on windows 7 than now on 8.1 and back then i was running at 1070mhz and on 8.1 the memory is seen as being on 1500mhz when running 3dmark but kumbustor and other games run it at 3000mhz.

Game on man.

did you do that with turbo boost on or off on cpu? and try the 3dmark 2013 with fire strike, cloud gate and ice storm. Thanks for sharing your score. Lets make the gt650m as awesome as possible.

Btw how come yours reaches 312mv? mine stops at 250

thanks so much svl7. Been awhile. Thanks for what you have done and what you are doing for us still. I will be getting the alienware 17 soonest, Hope to see you and yout awesomeness there too.

Meanwhile, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2

and 3dmark11 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2

Well, vbios can still be flashed. And with the latest bios and xtu you can do pretty much it seems. I can still unlock the bios but you would have to solder. Anyway, that's kinda off-topic, check the AW17 owners lounge for such discussion, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
New bios mod from me, should be up soon I hope.

Awesome, looking forward to it. I haven't been on this board for long but thanks for using your knowledge to help us get the most out of our systems - I'll need it for Titanfall :)

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will do that for you. I'm fairly new to the forum too and have spent a great deal of time reading through posts. This seems like a pretty close nit group who work as a team because I looked every where else for A13 modded as well. I think if you took the time to make those five posts you would find other valuable information. I know I sure have.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

I just upgraded from unlocked A03 bios first to unlocked A11 and then unlocked A13 and the only difference I see in the bios interface is a second tab that says main. No option for BDPROCHOT anywhere. Why is that? And is it necessary sometimes to reinstall windows after bios update for everything to be stable? Thank you in advance to anyone that can give me any information regarding these questions.

so the move to A13 is safe for this procedure? I had heard a few weird issues arising from A13.

I've been on A13 for a while and really haven't had any issues other then the throttle, But I'm still OCed and getting a lot more out of the card when I hit the throttle

Was there a m14xR2 A14 Bios Unlocked yet? also i have a high level of electronics/soldering experience is it like i will be able to unlock bios on the new 2014 14 model? i really need VT-D support

• 4 weeks later...
Nonsense.

Will upload the revised mod when I get the chance. Trying to catch up on all the stuff.

Sorry I posted in wrong thread. I meant the AW 14 needs solder mod for an unlocked bios. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk