M14x R2 A13 Unlocked Bios + Modified Vbios Now Available!

Eats7

Is there an option to configure HD4000 internal memory allocation? Not so much into overclocking but want to know the memory size so I can OS X properly....;-)

I know there is an option in there to overcclock the hd4000 (gt overclocking) not sure about memory allocation. it might be in there

I installed this. Seems to be working. I dont see any bd prochot option. Wheres that supposed to be? Also whats the best tool to set the clocks with? I have nividia inspector, evga precision x & msi after burner on hand.

MX14R2 i73840QM 2.8Ghz / GT 650M 2Gb DDR5 / 16GB Ram

• 2 weeks later...

what number does it say? Ive noticed in msi afterburner and evga precision, it reports the wrong clocks (405mhz) no matter what. however in hwinfo and nvidia inspector it reports the right core clock. i think it's a bug between the driver and msi/evga apps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am new as cou can see.

The reason I am is, I was looking for a modified BIOS for my Alienware m14x r2 to install a Hackintosch.

Main thing is that I need to deactivate the NVIDIA in the BIOS what is no possible with the original dell.

Is this possible with the modified version?

THX for Help

I am tring to install an os x to my M14x, are there any ways to configure the graficcards in the hack BIOS?

No, sorry.

Has anyone noticed any issues with their hardware? Meaning hardware damage with overclocking their m14x r2?

Nope. At least not me.

• 1 month later...

Everything is working fine except trying to change the temperature throttle on nvidia inspector, apart from that a very nice job and my first flash, phew. :)

My fan seems to be working a lot more efficiently, honestly can't say how much this has helped me!

THANK YOU! I can't say how much this helped. I was getting TWENTY fps on League of Legends, where I should have been getting wayyy over 60. Even at 1080p output maxed, it's not a demanding game! Now with a few tweaks of this, and the backdated driver, I'm at over 90-100. I bought the subscription to download it, and worth every penny.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Joe

Has anyone noticed any issues with their hardware? Meaning hardware damage with overclocking their m14x r2?

There's a thread here http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x-aw-14/2061-%5Bm14x-r2%5D-unlocked-bios-versions.html where people were overclocking this sytem a long time ago, might be better to ask there since they've had time to test it. But you can download afterburner which will show your temps and the general rule is that as long as your temps don't go too high then you're not doing damage to your system.

I've updated my bios to A13 in order to prepare to install this unlock...did you guys notice your fan running more after updating? It used to sit silent when I was surfing the web and now it's on all the time, it's annoying enough to want to go back to a08

I have to agree with itsmattgw. My fan seems to always be blowing and I'm worried this will eventually burn the fan out. Load defaults in bios still doesn't seem to stop the fan from continuing to blow constantly. I've tried disabling turbo mode and intel speed step to see if this would make any difference, but still the same results. Anyone else noticing this issue? I'm running both Windows 8.1 pro and Mavericks (10.9.1). When I was on A03 unlock bios I didn't run into this issue. Any advise or feed back would be much appreciated.

I have to agree with itsmattgw. My fan seems to always be blowing and I'm worried this will eventually burn the fan out. Load defaults in bios still doesn't seem to stop the fan from continuing to blow constantly. I've tried disabling turbo mode and intel speed step to see if this would make any difference, but still the same results. Anyone else noticing this issue? I'm running both Windows 8.1 pro and Mavericks (10.9.1). When I was on A03 unlock bios I didn't run into this issue. Any advise or feed back would be much appreciated.

I tried downgrading my bios to ao8, same thing. Tomorrow I'm going to put some Arctic Silver 5 paste on my cpu and graphics gpu and see if that helps, I'll update when I see the results. In the meantime I've found a great workaround with this program here :

Unofficial AW fan control - Alienware User Support

it lets you set the temperature thresholds for when the fans come on. I've found that I can tone my fan speeds down to 1500 rpm and it's almost completely silent but at the same time keeps my temperatures hovering below 55. You can set all the thresholds so once it reaches 55 it will automatically go to whatever RPMS you want it to in order to cool it back down. Definitely worth the download

This is the part i failed

4.) Then you are going to want to follow the instructions by svl7 (the second method, DOS flashing) and grab the rest of the files here: [M18x R2] - 'unlocked' BIOS versions

2 Weeks i am trying to flash that vbios

- I got an usb key

- I run HP exe, than i created the usb bootable with the files Win98

- I copie and past all files on the roof

Then i reboot

It's a black screen with :

Microsoft Windows 98 and

C:\>

What i am suppose to do now

Please help

Restart the system and boot from your USB stick. Run prr.exe, then flash the bios by executing the flash.bat file. Wait until the tool completes the flash. If the verification is okay, reboot, else flash again..

Go to the bios, load the default settings and reboot. Done.

when you see C:\>...

just type prr.exe then enter

then type flash.bat and then enter