M14x R2 A13 Unlocked Bios + Modified Vbios Now Available!

Eats7

Hello,

I flashed this vbios and I'm impressed at the gains I'm getting so far. (+380/+400 with a +187.5 mV stable)

Though, I have a question. I'd like to force the P5 state and overvolt from there but forcing the P5 state with Nvidia inspector doesn't do anything and the voltage slider is greyed out in every state except for the P0 state. Is it supposed to behave this way?

I have a14 BIOS, can i flash a13 unlocked without problems?

I was on the A14 bios on Windows 10 and what I did was flash the A13 bios from Dell's website, then I flashed this vbios.

• 4 weeks later...
thank you very much for this. much appreciated. if it doesn't fix the throttling issue, is the only way to apply new thermal paste? or can the throttling be turned off? is that advisable. thanks

Well, new thermal paste is always a good idea, especially for this particular computer which seems to suffer from temperature problems and has a very cheap and low quality thermal paste from factory.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I flashed this vbios and I'm impressed at the gains I'm getting so far. (+380/+400 with a +187.5 mV stable)

Though, I have a question. I'd like to force the P5 state and overvolt from there but forcing the P5 state with Nvidia inspector doesn't do anything and the voltage slider is greyed out in every state except for the P0 state. Is it supposed to behave this way?

I was on the A14 bios on Windows 10 and what I did was flash the A13 bios from Dell's website, then I flashed this vbios.

other than that I am still on Win 8.1 Im in the same boat but when i try to run the flash.bat it tells me

c:\> fpt.exe -f m14xr2.bin -bios

invalid command or bad name

i renamed the bin file correctly and the prr.exe ran fine. does anyone know what to do?

EDIT: so I just found out that since I updated my BIOS to A14 it will be difficult to flash a modded BIOS, does anyone know how to do it the 'hard' way now? If so can you like me to the forum I tried looking myself but I felt like I was drowning in the posts searching.

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody help me set some overclock settings or provide a link if somebody shared their settings that are safe? I dont want to ruin my pc and am noobish with overclocking :/ Ill appreciate any support. P.S. I have Alienware M14x R2 with GT 650M gpu.

Could somebody help me set some overclock settings or provide a link if somebody shared their settings that are safe? I dont want to ruin my pc and am noobish with overclocking :/ Ill appreciate any support. P.S. I have Alienware M14x R2 with GT 650M gpu.

This would be appreciated on my end aswell.

• 3 months later...

Guys I'd like to know if the links for the A13 modded bios are working OK. Im trying to download them from the first page in this thread and its telling me:

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. Error code: 2C171/1"

does this mean the file is restricted to higher level users of Tech Inferno?

• Founder
50 minutes ago, newuser said:

Guys I'd like to know if the links for the A13 modded bios are working OK. Im trying to download them from the first page in this thread and its telling me:

"The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. Error code: 2C171/1"

does this mean the file is restricted to higher level users of Tech Inferno?

Read: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/

I've downloaded both files from the link you've provided but when extracting with both Winrar or 7zip I'm getting errors.

"format unknown or damaged"

On a side note I was able to download the [FPT]-[M14R2]-A13UnBiosUnVbios file without any issues.

I wonder if its related to the files themselves or my PC.

Thanks for the speedy assistance Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12.09.2013 at 2:12 AM, Eats7 said:

@svl7
@Michael

********Disclaimer: I do not nor does svl7 or Michael take responsibility if something goes wrong. All responsibility for flashing and any damage done is on you.********

Finally, I'd like to once again thank svl7 and Michael for their work. It would not be possible without them, so show your thanks!

[FPT]-[M14R2]-A13UnBiosUnVbios.zip

Hi guys. I'm lucky/unlucky owner of M14Rx2 witch 650m and throttling is terrible. 67C and it cut's off clock a lot :(

I upgraded to i7-3720QM, 16GB RAM of HyperX overclocked to 2000MHz and now I have 4K external monitor and experience while playing anything is so freaking terrible ;(
Untill GPU is working between 780-900Mhz it's OK but when it reaches 70C its about 400Mhz so things are unpleable.
I changed thermal paste few months ago and it was keeping good clocks but how often is it needed... every weekend or so? :(

Can anyone re-upload this bios to unlock capability of changing throttle point?

Thank You
And best regards from Poland :D

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna try this when I'm able to download the prr and fpt files, fingers crossed I don't mess up the flash.

On another note my laptop throttles at 70 degrees, and playing overwatch right now it's hovering at 67-69 :D

Edited by Snipy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2016 at 1:58 AM, Brian said:

Here's working versions, sorry for the broken files. Will update the archives. 

FPT_DOS.zip

prr2.zip

Are these links still working? (I understand I can't d/l them for a week but wondering in the mean time if they are actually still available)

Thanks.

On 1/24/2017 at 5:27 PM, kidastra said:

so it seems I need to talk for a week before I can download this and hopefully fix my graphics card not being detected

Where you able to get the files?  If so, how did you make out with the flash.

• 2 years later...
On 2/25/2018 at 4:47 AM, securekeys said:

Are these links still working? (I understand I can't d/l them for a week but wondering in the mean time if they are actually still available)

Thanks.

Where you able to get the files?  If so, how did you make out with the flash.

Hello, does anyone else have the unlocked bios a13?can be unlocked BIOS version A16?
Thanks!