M14x R2 A13 Unlocked Bios + Modified Vbios Now Available!

Eats7

Please can you tell us your voltage, core and memory offset, what method of extra cooling you are using and any other possible tips for us to attain that level? Did you disable turbo boost? Did you tinker with bios settings? Dude please share.

Please can you tell us your voltage, core and memory offset, what method of extra cooling you are using and any other possible tips for us to attain that level? Did you disable turbo boost? Did you tinker with bios settings? Dude please share.

Voltage at +312.5 mV ( so 1.2V )

Core set to 1271 MHz

Mem at 1325 MHz

Cooling completely stock, all fully assembled and such. I actually set that score during class lol........

Actually, I didn't do anything spectacular lol. I probably could've pushed it more, thermals are certainly no issue. I literally cannot make this thing go over 75C if I wanted to. And thats with hours of running it at that clock. I guess I got a good chip. Could probably be run really well 24/7 even at like 1.25V or more.

I was on my 3820QM at the time, I probably should've tested once I had the 3920XM in there but oh well.

As shown in sig, I have since sold it. Sooooo yeah. Look forward to @svl7 's bios/vbios :D

Hello,

need some help here.

I flashed the VBIOS and did 2 Tests on 3dmark 11

This one here is directly after flashing, no OC done: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,Alienware M14xR2

And this one was OCd like this: http://img.techpowerup.org/140622/nvidia_20140622_225900.png with the following score: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-3210M Processor,Alienware M14xR2

What could be the reason that I lower MUCH lower with the overclok?

First off I think you should settle for 1250 @ that voltage. Secondly, gpu is doing hard throttling IMO due to heating or instability. Did you elevate the back of the system for better airflow? Also remember to disable turbo boost on cpu to reduce bottleneck and heat to allow gpu maximization via OC. The gpu temp throttles at 97Oc flat. Also, if you decide to use 1250 mhz, u may reduce voltage to 250 and increase memory to a max of 3000. It's still stable at that but a bit less heat due to lower voltage

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. As you know all motherboards are not the same. It so happens to be that your limit is 267 as mine so I'll tell you what I did. At that 1250 I left the voltage at 267 and always played with the back elevated and like I said turbo boost off in bios for cpu. However with an i5 this option is negligible. I was using an i7 from the 2xxx series before switching to i5 3xxx series so your case may vary slightly. If you experience game freeze the trip off then increase voltage back to 267. If your laptop should just shut down without freezing then you have to reduce the core clock of either the gpu or cpu. Hope this helped and good luck. Don't forget repast in with a good thermal paste will help a lot if you haven't already done that. I used ic diamond 7c but i hear 24c is better

Alienware M14X R2 is a great laptop, I have had it for 2 years now.

I have never been a fan of forums but here I am, this bios mod do I need to flash dell A13 before flashing modded A13, why would I have to do that?

When you flash a bios doesn't it completely overwrite every file on it? so it wouldn't make a difference if I flashed it over A08 or A13 right?

I flashed my old R2 from A07 to a modified A13 without problem, fixed the bloody 67 degrees thermal limit for the gpu though with a cooling pad the thing ran fin as well. But the GT650m can be highly overclocked. Though the old R2 is now more of a spare unit since I have bought a 14.

It doesn't overwrite all of the rom, the servicetag and so on will still reside.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...