Origin PC Eon17-S Sandy Bridge 4.5Ghz Overclock

Gaming PC re-seller Origin PC has put up for sale a Clevo based 17 inch gaming laptop. The system will include Nvidia MXM 3.0 Type B Module support, allowing for a max of a sinlge Nvidia 485M or an AMD HD6970M both with 2gb GDDR5. Drive options include Blu-Ray Combo Burner, Dual Hard Drive support with raid 0/1 support for use with upto 750Gb 7K Rpm or 512Gb SSD, full size keyboard with 220W ac adapter with an 8-cell 76.96WHr battery. The case will house a 9in1 media card reader, an optional TV Tuner, Bluetooth, Gigabit Lan, Intel Ultimate N 6300 Wifi, HD audio with THX TruStudio Pro support and a 17.3 inch White LED Glossy 1920x1080 display. The ports included are 2 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0 one with Powershare, 1 E-SATA USB 2.0 combo port, 1 Mini IEEE, 1 HDMI 1.4, 1 DVI port, a optional (with tv tuner) CATV in and a Kensington lock. Finally the processor options include the Second Generation Intel Core series Sandy Bridge. Ranging from I5 2520 all the way up to the 2920XM which can be purchased factory overclocked to 4.5Ghz Turbo Boost through Origin PC. With much of the same offerings on the Alienware M18x we will see a lot of competition here. The Origin factory overclock surpasses Alienwares 4ghz option but the lack of dual GPU support may be the downfall to this little brother of the M18x. The base price is $1,759.00. Plus the Origin PC 2920XM @ 4.5Ghz comes with an ultra high price tag of $1,144. The upgrade from I5 2520 to the Overclocked Intel Extreme Edition Core i7-2920XM Quad-Core Processor (4.0-4.5GHz with Turbo Boost) on the Eon 17-S costs $1,119.00. On the Alienware the upgrade from Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (2.8GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache) to Intel® Core™ i7 2920XM Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.0GHz (8MB Cache) costs $975. You can visit the Eon 17-s here EON17-S Custom Gaming Laptop Product Details and Features | ORIGIN PC. Or read about it here Origin PC EON17-S Sandy Bridge Based Gaming Laptop 4.5 GHz Overclock.

features-main.jpg

Yes that's why I mentioned Clevo build and that Origin PC is simply a re-seller... other than that overpriced overclock the M18x should have this thing beat!

Really impressive...!! I never had my hands on a Clevo machine, I wonder how they feel... build quality etc.

I really like the feeling of the M15x... too bad they didn't update the machine with SB. What I'm missing are some 15-15.6 inches machines with SB and a high-end GPU. As long as the manufacturers don't use two HDDs it's possible to bring the size a bit down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes that's why I mentioned Clevo build and that Origin PC is simply a re-seller... other than that overpriced overclock the M18x should have this thing beat!

Sorry mate, I must have forgotten that by the time I finished :(

@svl7 AFAIK the clevo p150/sager np8150 Is what you're describing, 6970/485, 15.6, SB etc. No backlit keyboard though (still!!).

• Thumbs Up 1

@svl7 AFAIK the clevo p150/sager np8150 Is what you're describing, 6970/485, 15.6, SB etc. No backlit keyboard though (still!!).

Wow, indeed... now this paired with AW design/lightshow :D and Dell NBD service... that would be great!!

Well, I'm not going to buy a new system in the near future anyway. Soonest big update will probably be next summer.

Wait a minute, why you calling it a clevo? that is origin PC, they don't resell computers. We all know that origin PC was founded when many of the high tier Alienware executives exit after the Dell acquisition. They might buy the case but Origin PC can be fully customize, so we cant call those a clevo.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, can't be... I don't think they use a different mobo, I guess they also use Clevo GPUs... Fully customizable doesn't mean it's not a Clevo. Afaik they only add some extras like painting, overclock...

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

No, you're not mistaken, they are a clevo reseller, not really any different to the other resellers, except they all offer slightly different customizations & upgrades.

• Founder

When clevo adds backlighting to their keyboard plus a FULL number pad, it will be a much better buy. Plus if they had edge to edge glass on their systems, they would look much more modern. But at least with the way they are designed, it's easy to remove the display and upgrade it to a 95% gamut one.

• Thumbs Up 2

When clevo adds backlighting to their keyboard plus a FULL number pad, it will be a much better buy.

OH, MY GOD, YES!!!!!!!! It was these features that drove me to alienware, I was (I say understandably) biased against them because of desktop pricing, but the laptops rock + I can get them from US + I won't have to send it back there at a cost of $500+ for any & all warranty claims.

Yeah, the warranty is a big plus for AW. (The design as well imo, but that's a matter of taste). The plus for Clevo systems is that they usually always have the latest high-end tech (GPUs, CPUs...) and huge overkills (desktop CPUs :D)

Well then Origin PC is very much like Xotic PC but only offer a couple models. I've found Xotic PC to be lower priced. Origin PC though is still a top builder. I should correct myself they, they sell systems built on Clevo Boards and Cases... but they customize them, themselves and if you read their pledge as a business they even take special requests on customized systems not listed on their site... like getting some special ssd drive in... they will do it for you when you discuss the setup with them on the phone. You won't see Alienware do that!

• 1 year later...

With XoticPC, your order can be potentially delayed up to 2 months depending on what you order (this was my case). They offer an unbeatable price though.They seem to also have communication issues with Sager. My rep was very helpful, but I had to constantly seek him out to get updates.

• Thumbs Up 1