BgInfo

etest6

Is anybody using Bginfo (BgInfo).

I think it very useful, but have one problem that I don't know how to solve. If it showes me ip address, then when I change network it does't change the address automatically. If anybody knows ho to it, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bginfo creates a "screenshot of your desktop background", adds text to it, and packs it to a background image.

You could either restart the service of it, or you could simply do like lenovomod said -> get some sort of refreshing tool for bginfo. I actually thought that the newer versions of bginfo would do this automatically.I'm still using pe-historic versions, as I'm using bginfo on a bunch of servers which aren't being restarted / network switched very often.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Usually we configure a default template with all relevant information required for each server, then the file .bgi is loaded on the Start -> Startup using the commandline bginfo.exe /timer:0 and the name of the file. This will ensure your BGInfo will update the information on every logon process.

Regards.

• 1 month later...