Alienware CentOS

etest6

Hi,

is here anybody who is using alienware and centos (or another linux distro). If yes, then is your video driver working well (not intel). I have problems , that screen is black and can login only in terminal or if I want ti see gui then i have to use nouveau drivers, but this is not normal :(

The solution what I found right now is to disable intel graphics. This is possible if windows is running and alienware applications is installed, then press fn+f7 and after restarting intel card is disabled and nvida works fine. This should olso be done if you have unlocked bios (i don't have it)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

If the Intel card is active the nvidia card isn't visible at all, even by the bios. I meant that I had issues running with nvidia active and the drivers from nvidia site, only open source worked for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4