Overclocking ASUS G750JH GTX780M

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello, Xofree,

at what point and the map you have these fps,

CPU clock 36x3 and 35x1 overclocking @ XTU ?,

you can make a small benchmark the same as on VIDEO ?

3010Mhz Super Memory clock is cooling is fun

post-11422-14494997008742_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to buy a new gaming notebook and I choosed the asus g750jh. In these days asus has presented the new version (g750jz) with the new GTX 880M. Since this card seems to be just an overclocked version of the 780M, in your opinion (or even in your tests) it's possible to achieve the same frequencies of the 880m with a 780m OC? I'm wandering if I can save a lot of money buying the JH instead of the Jz and having the same performance.

Thanks

• Bios Modder
The OC capabilities of the Asus G750JH are lower than other notebooks with MXM system?

Why? OC capabilities of the Asus G750JH are the same with other notebooks with GTX 780M.

Why? OC capabilities of the Asus G750JH are the same with other notebooks with GTX 780M.

It's just a question I had, because reading the thread about the bios mods the Asus g750 is not included in the compatibility list of the modified 780M vbios. I'm happier this way, because I haven't bought my new notebook yet, but the g750jh is strongly my first choice.:fat:

Just another little question: the modified bios could help in reducing the throttling even at stock frequencies, or the g750jh doesn't have this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've received today my new Asus G750JH and I'd like to flash the vbios super version. I searched the thread but I haven't found any download link. It's possible to post again the latest version of the unlocked bios? Thank you!

Can you make backup of videobios from your 780M with GPU-Z and place it here?

Thought you'd never ask. :) Here you go. Thanks again for the help!

How did you do the backup of the BIOS? I've tried with GPU-Z but it gave me an error saying that card was not supported....

• Bios Modder
How did you do the backup of the BIOS? I've tried with GPU-Z but it gave me an error saying that card was not supported....

Just use program Nvflash.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Ioverclocked my g750jw gtx 765m 2gb...i got a good score in 3dmark11 around 5586 but i have this weird throttling issue i have been trying to solve over 4 months..maybe longer...cpu throttles at very low temps as soon as i raise gpu voltage. i used throttlestop 6.0 disabled bd prochot this time cpu stopped throttling and gpu clocks started swinging all over the place like it would jump down to 135 and go back up to what ever i set it up to..i just cant get rid of this throttling issue. i can get rid of cpu throttling issue by using throttlestop..but i cant stop the gpu..i had a friend help me unlock my core..we tried a few things but no help..i repasted my cpu and gpu both dont pass 75c in games.. so i don't know why i throttle..please help. heres a link of cpu throttling.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any reason we can't use SLV7's 780m custom vBios? Does it not work with the Asus' 780m in the JH model? I'm on stock bios and I just used NvidiaInspector to OC to +135/+100 mem and got:

Firestrike (graphic score): 5479

3dmark11 (graphic score): 8452

That being said, seems like almost a custom vBios doesn't "hugely" improve things but gives another 10-15% gain..

I'll still mess around with a custom vBios but was expecting more wild results lol.. I know some folks were able to get 10k+ 3dmark11 graphic scores.. that's pretty worth it!

Thanks to Klem for the bios!!! My G750JH is able to so far handle 1080mhz core and left memory at 3000/6000mhz.

3dmark11 graphics score at 1080mhz is 9300-9400.. Not bad! Killing the 880m stock at least and that makes me happy. I think we're being held back by our Asus power brick.. Need more wattage... I notice the CPU starving too at these clocks.. it won't boost as high under load.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! Thanks to Klem now i have a full unlocked 780m bios with GPU BOOST disabled! Now i can overclock with stock voltage(1V) to 1006MHZ/6000MHZ! I will do some testing with temperatures/overclock now!

Really thanks a lot Klem!

Hi, could you post the results of 3dmark 2011 e firestrike with these frequancies? And max temperature too?

Thank you very much

Klem said:

Done.

1. Unlocked software GPU core OC limit +135.

2. Unlocked software Power control

3. Unlocked software GPU voltage control

4. Increased Power Limit.

5. Increased Voltage Limit.

6. Added performance tweaks.

7. Core and memory frequencies in base still at stock values.

is this the g750jh 3d vbios???