EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

On 5/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, maleagour said:

@noteMASTER12

Thanks for raising this. Fortunately my PSU is 240W.

I ran 3DMark and logged the temperature via GPU-z. My results were in line with similar non-overclocked setups. I could not observe any sign of throttling: In the Graphics tests the clock was maxed to the stock limit, but I did not see it dropping until the test finished. Also, the maximum temperature that was observed was 64 C , which is quite low.

Idle temp in Windows : 50 C...

Later on, I found via "nvidia-smi.exe -q" that the "GPU Slowdown Temp" for my card was 91 C. I do not see how my card can reach 91 C (without any OC), while my max temp in the benchmark is 64 C. I think this is quite a big difference to start worrying about throttling. I have not tested the card yet in a game though.

As it stands I will stick to the stock levels and stock vBios which do not appear to cause any hassle. I do not really seek for extra performance gain via OC by taking the risk of frying the card.

Btw, I saved my vbios via the GPU-z backup button. Is this sufficient for backup purposes?

The throttling will come soon or later. But it will not be thermal throttle it will be powerlimit throttle.

Both the Alienware m17x r3 and R4 and Alienware m18x R1 and R2 has a bug.

I have tried them all both with gtx 780m, 880m, 980m and now 1070.

They all powerthrottle in those systems. Gtx 880m was the worst.

If your computer crash or you force it to shut down by holding the power button. Then you will get the powerthrottle issue.

There is too ways to fix it.

1. Go to bios and switch to IGFX then restart and enter bios again and change it back to PEG.

2. When your computer is up and running then put it to hibernate for 3 second and wake it again, then the problem is gone until next time.

(It needs to be hibernate, sleep will not work.)

While I am here. There is a bug with the combination of windows 10, Alienware m17x r4 and sleep mode.

If you put it to sleep and wake it again, the sound card will still be at sleep and not being detected.

The fix is putting it back to sleep again and then wake it.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can get a vbios modified in order to get a Quadro P3200 and P4200 in a dell precision 7530 and 7730 respectively to work. I bought both of the laptops with intel hd, then dell sold me the correct heatsinks, cable videos and video connectors, since they are not MXM in this case, and the video cards from a ebay seller.. Once installed I get error 43 and 45. They are recognized, but drivers are not working. Any chance anyone can help ? Willing to pay gladly to get this fixed.

Thanks

Jp

Hello, I've got a Dell 8gb Nvidia 980m, just wondering if there's an undervolted vBIOS I can use to preserve it's longevity, my ASIC quality is 69.9%.

Not having TDP throttle on top of that would also be nice I suppose given I've got a 240 watt brick and previously used a modded Quadro K4100m with 115w tdp just fine with a large overclock.

I'm fine with stock clocks however.

attached is my stock vBIOS

980mdellGM204.rom

Very much appreciate it!

As a note:
the undervolted Alienware vBIOS on notebookreview locked to 0.9810V max caused the same issue getting 3d clocks to work, so I'm afraid my card likely requires at least 1v, but any reductions to temps vs stock would be lovely!

Edited by arbitrarygrill

For the 2011 iMac world, I'm looking to see if someone can mod the voltage, power and boost table to accommodate a 880M into these machines.

The computer uses a 310W supply and the CPU uses 65W TDP (assuming a i7 2600s upgrade was done). The SSD barely uses any power, lets say 2W.

Appreciate very much Johnksss (for the 780M) and svl7 (for the 770M, 765M) mods that were done. These are rock stable even with intense use prolonged use of the iMac.

A good starting base for the mod would be the Dell ROM:

Dell.GTX880M.8192.140309.rom attached

A working model of an already modded ROM:

780M_EG2 attached

Awesome work as usual!

Dell.GTX880M.8192.140309.rom.7z

780M_EG2.7z

Hello there. I have a little mod request of my own that may or may not be an experience. Long story very short, I recently decided to go AMD in my laptop, and in doing so, I got myself a S7100X - because Polaris hasn't seemed to work for the device I wanted to use. I'm looking for a mod to the card's VBIOS, which is in fact not signature enforced, to unlock, and modify a few values I cannot touch.

I do have a SPI Flasher, as well as hybrid graphics, so I have backup options in case anything odd happens.

My Requests

• If possible, I would like for voltage, as well as TDP/clocks to be unlocked.
  • In addition to this, since I cannot modify this value in afterburner, I would like for battery power, and small battery power to be reduced 50 from 75 watts.

I will include two things in my post additionally. First, if it's helpful, TechPowerUp's parse on the VBIOS and relevant aspects:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216440/216440

Second, the VBIOS as requested, which will be attached. I should note that Tonga/Hawaii Bios Reader does not function for this particular VBIOS and card. Likely because even though it's a sub branch of Tonga, it's more accurate that the architecture is Amethyst - which is the reason for my request. Thank you for reading!

S7100X.ROM

Hi, I would like to submit a request to unlock my BIOS for my Alienware m14xr2. I just want to be able to play my games again and the bios is locked for adjusting the gpu voltage. Help highly appreciated and I want to donate.

Hello, Just wanted to know if an AMD Firepro M7820 vbios can be unlocked. Thank you

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody, I want to request an unlocked video bios for my laptop MSI GE72 6QF w/ 970M 3 GB. I want to overclock it over the +135 mhz limit MSI afterburner gives me. Also undervolt it if possible?

GPU-Z shot

aqh.png

the rom file extracted using GPU-Z https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQGIoZHayyZUR_F2WEgxXBzlmAzmCRPA/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SoulBlade

19 minutes ago, SoulBlade said:

Hello everybody, I want to request an unlocked video bios for my laptop MSI GE72 6QF w/ 970M 3 GB. I want to overclock it over the +135 mhz limit MSI afterburner gives me. Also undervolt it if possible?

GPU-Z shot

aqh.png

the rom file extracted using GPU-Z https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQGIoZHayyZUR_F2WEgxXBzlmAzmCRPA/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.