BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

On 4/2/2016 at 0:26 PM, CountPrinky said:

Is there any chance you could mod the Clevo 8970m bios for my m17x r2? i would like to run a crossfire setup and preferably under clocked and under volted for stability. the cards currently work about 20% of the time in crossfire, but also have trouble booting some times, or are just not detected.

Clevo8970m.zip

8970m.gif

so no advice for doing anything with these bios? i realize its AMD but it cant be way different...

6 hours ago, CountPrinky said:

so no advice for doing anything with these bios? i realize its AMD but it cant be way different...

I'd wait and see if you get a reply at a later date I'm sure it can be done  

Edited by TommyDoe

• Bios Modder
On ‎10‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 9:47 PM, TommyDoe said:

I do apologise, here's my stock rom file for the 680m whenever you can doesn't matter about the memory, but would love if I could get the core to 1.100 volts, and unlocked that would be brilliant thank you :)

stock.rom

Check your PM.

21 minutes ago, shulk17 said:

slayer305, how did you do it by yourself? By hex editing or just using kepler bios tweaker?

I simply hex edited svl7's bios to increase the voltage. I should thank him once again for his amazing work.

1 hour ago, slayer305 said:

I simply hex edited svl7's bios to increase the voltage. I should thank him once again for his amazing work.

Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about hex editing. So I gotta wait for Klem I guess.

I saw that Klem posted an unlocked vbios for an MSI GT72, I have an MSI GE62 with the same graphics card, a 970m 3gb, does anyone know if that bios would work for me?

12 hours ago, slayer305 said:

Hello everyone. My R4's 680M temps barely go over 70C witn svl7's 1.050v bios, so i'm thinking I could push to 1.075v or 1.100v if u'd be so kind to provide a vbios. I'm attaching the stock vbios. Thanks in advance.

AW_680M_STOCK.rom

I'd message Klem, I messaged himself in which he made one for me at 1.1 volts I paid a small little donation for his help and it works great, got my GPU to 1125mhz which puts it around desktop 670 performance and gets about on par with a stock 970m. Message him it's worth a shot 

EDIT: nevermind seen you've sorted it :)

Edited by TommyDoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this thread is still active. But if it is, I would happily donate some if you can unlock the vBIOS for my 980M 4GB card.

This card has lots more to give, just need slightly more to make it flow properly in some VR titles.

GTX 980M. MSI vBIOS running it in a HP Elitebook 8670w without problems.

See attachment for original vBIOS, untouched.

Cannot find any references online, or with the use of Maxwell vBIOS editor to make any changes like that, thus asking for help.

GM204_backup.rom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 
i hope this thread is still active :) i would like to have unlocked system bios for my Dell 7559, and posible unlocked bios for onboard 960m 4gb.
I have trouble making Dumps, i have tried ftpw64 and i get error cannot be run on current platform error 201 - same in DOS mode (legaci, tpm off, secure B off).

Win 10 1607, 64bit . I have invested lot of money to this little beast, ram, wifi, twin ssd, LCD :) 

i can link from dropbox only exe file with bios from dell, dont know how to extract only bios from it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wby9tebmdtklo2k/Inspiron_7559_1.1.8.exe?dl=0

Can you please help me ? dont worry, i will tip you for your work :)

update*

managet to extract 12mb .rom file from dell bios updater exe 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vufroeojb6bairj/inspiron_7559_1.1.8.rom?dl=0

Edited by Flankerzo
update

• Bios Modder
On ‎04‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 3:21 AM, Rideass said:

Not sure if this thread is still active. But if it is, I would happily donate some if you can unlock the vBIOS for my 980M 4GB card.

This card has lots more to give, just need slightly more to make it flow properly in some VR titles.

GTX 980M. MSI vBIOS running it in a HP Elitebook 8670w without problems.

See attachment for original vBIOS, untouched.

Cannot find any references online, or with the use of Maxwell vBIOS editor to make any changes like that, thus asking for help.

GM204_backup.rom

Check your PM box. 

at last i have made it.

This is my bios backup, using AMI Aptio V 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgsaivot9gobqts/afuwin.rom?dl=0

dell 7559 i7, 960m,fhd

*update
i am still looking for vbios mod and advanced (cpu oc,thermal,mem etc) tabs in bios i managed to dump fptw64https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7sunvcga3al0x5/biosbackup.rom?dl=0 bios:

and i have tried to unlock it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw5imvlk2d3trbc/fptwUnlocked.rom?dl=0

i have flashed it with Afuwingui v 3.05.04 > cmd admin: Afuwinx64.exe fptwUnlocked.rom /GAN
it says all 100% ok flashed, i manually restarted after everything done, and when i to in bios, nothing :(
i cant figure vbios extracting, > cant find correct line in mmtool
In one forum i have found, with same laptop who managed to extract vbios, he dont write how , he send it to someone in this forum and he unlocked, it, unfortunately, he bricked his laptop because of ,,boot guard,, and he flashed it with hardware programer and it worked for him
please help, im willing to donate some $$

Edited by Flankerzo
update

• 4 months later...

I would like some advice on overclocking 860m kepler gpu, when the kepler bios tweaker 1.27 has open a rom it cannot edit the memory speed, anyone else had this and know why not? has anyone got some tried and tested overclocking perimeters?
1006Mhz base increased time spy to 1072

with msi afterburner increasing core clock but +135 and memory by 300mhz i got 1127

860moc1006.rom

860mstd.rom

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello i recently purchased an MSI GE62 Apache Pro with  GTX 970m 3GB Model. Can someone link me best and latest modded bios for my gpu? I wanna OC it to maximum it has proper thermal paste added for best temps. I've made same post in NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods thread but will post it here aswell in case other thread is old.

• BAKED pinned this topic