BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Hi!

I have an ASUS G750JZ with GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 and I have tried the MSI 880M 4G vBIOS mentioned in another thread.

There was a PCI missmatch according to NVflash, but I have overwritten it.

The problem is that even thou the card comes online, the memory clock will not go above 405 Mhz during load, so this vBIOS does not work correctly with the ASUS GTX880M 4GB.

My question is:

Could someone please unlock/remove limitations/remove throttle, etc from the vBIOS of the Asus GTX880M 4GB ?

I will attach the latest vBIOS to this post.

Thank you!

ASUS880M4G.zip

Hello,

Can you please unlock this bios version for Alienware x17 R3 A12 but to not apply the SATA fix, I know you released this version unlocked with SATA fix, but I want to flash an unlocked BIOS with Dell default settings. For my laptop, even if I install SSD in slot 1, I get BSOD after some time. If I flash normal A12 BIOS from Dell everything is stable and ok.

BIOS: ALIENWARE M17XR3 A12 BIOS Driver Details | Dell US

Thanks

Hi,

first thanks for the offer and your efforts. I got a iChill GeForce GTX Titan Black Accelero Hybrid and I would ask you to mod the .rom:

GK110.rom.txt to unlock the good stuff.

Btw would you be able to mod a IBM/Thinkpad W701 BIOS in the direction to be able to use another MXM 3.0 Grafic Card like the Quadro K5100M? Unfortunally The BIOS of the W701 has a whitelist for the 2 old FX 2800M/3800M...

Thanks and kind regards

So, based on the fact that I haven't seen any recent reply's by SVL7, I'm going to assume that either this isn't the thread for it anymore, or perhaps he doesn't do them anymore.

Can someone confirm this?

He is still active. But he does this in his free time and may be taking a break or just busy.

I am not necessarely looking for a vbios modification, but is there anybody who can supply me with a 8970m vbios from dell? It's a pitty they're not available at the dell support website.

You can use GPU-Z (google it) to extract your vbios. Another option would be to get one from techpowerup vbios collection (again, google it) but let me warn you with this example: Sometimes even if you get a 765m vbios (from the site I mean, getting from GPU-Z will always work fine) for your 765m doesn't mean it would always work, as some have variations among OEM's (such as memory timings). (and I learned that from experience)

...doesn't mean it would always work, as some have variations among OEM's (such as memory timings). (and I learned that from experience)

It's interesting what you say about the different memory timings. Did it cause you a lot of problems? And could you easily undo it by flashing another vbios?

• 2 weeks later...

SVL7 any chance of a high max volt vbios for the 780m your current 780m caps at 100mv 150mv slider would be appreciated for some benchmark suicide runs also 160% power aka same as the 880m has in nv inspector not sure if possible to tweak ram my card has samsung chips and maxxes out at 3040mhz

PS running in p570wm clevo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

a few people already requested a modified/unlocked vBios for the 4GB version of the GTX880M inside the Asus G750JZ.

I'm wondering if it wasn't possible as you didn't respond to these requests yet.

I would appreciate if you could post an unlocked vBios for that card.

Thank you!

Hi svl7. Have problem with boosting my nvidia geforce gt 650m on my dell7720. GPU clock stucked on 745 MHz and its impossible to increase it by nvidiainspector or msi afterburner. BIOS a16. Tell me is it possible to solve this problem with your bios mod? If problem will be fixed I will make some donation. Thanks in advance.

post-31155-14494998780248_thumb.gif

Put it in a zip, click on "go advanced" when replying and add it as attachment.

My vBios file when I save it using GPU-Z is a .rom file, when I right click the .rom file for my vBios I click "Add to "GTX765M bios.rar" I click that and it saves it in a .rar file. I try to upload that but it says the file isn't valid.

greetings slv7

I attempted to flash my cyberpowerpc fangbook's gtx 880m vbios with the one you had on the thread with all the kepler vbios and it didn't work.

I attached my gpu bios

version 80:04.EA.00.03 (P2053-0002)

I crashed my driver's by overclocking too high and now it seems like the flag has been thrown and it is throttling, not even reaching the normal speeds of 954mhz when gaming.

thanks in advance

gk104.rom.zip

Nevermind, I had to install drivers with modded inf files. Thank you so much!

• Thumbs Up 1

• BAKED pinned this topic