BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Thanks for your Time and work!

everything is unlocked :D perfect thanks!

now i wanted to clock the core about 915Mhz and the Ram about 2250Mhz. (hope those clocks would be okay ;D)

but i dont know which Voltage i should take. is there any voltage that you can recommend?

thank´s a lot! youre beer is on the way ;)

post-26561-14494997759265_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

so just tested a little bit.

first of all:

with the original vbIos the fan about 100% the core has about 87/88°C after about 10minutes in MSI Kombuster. The coreclock jumps from 196 to 770 again and again (in steps second to second)

running watchdogs with this vBios (1920*1080 - textures high - smaa - ultra preset) about 28 to 35 FPS.Coretemp with 75% fanspeed at about 70°C. (playing some hours)

And now with your modded vbios:

the fan about 100% the core has about 90°C after about 1-2minutes in MSI Kombuster(throttles down). The coreclock is constant at 770MHZ ( love it!!!)

running watchdogs with this vBios (1920*1080 - textures ULTRA - smaa - ultra preset) about 33 to 43 FPS.Coretemp with 100% fanspeed at about 67°C. (playing about 30min)

going to test it some more time in watchdogs at the stock clocks. but your optimization brings a damn big boost without changeing the clock.

so now my question: is it okay that the kombuster makes my core throttle?...seems that games like WD doesnt do it.

so just tested a little bit.

first of all:

with the original vbIos the fan about 100% the core has about 87/88°C after about 10minutes in MSI Kombuster. The coreclock jumps from 196 to 770 again and again (in steps second to second)

running watchdogs with this vBios (1920*1080 - textures high - smaa - ultra preset) about 28 to 35 FPS.Coretemp with 75% fanspeed at about 70°C. (playing some hours)

And now with your modded vbios:

the fan about 100% the core has about 90°C after about 1-2minutes in MSI Kombuster(throttles down). The coreclock is constant at 770MHZ ( love it!!!)

running watchdogs with this vBios (1920*1080 - textures ULTRA - smaa - ultra preset) about 33 to 43 FPS.Coretemp with 100% fanspeed at about 67°C. (playing about 30min)

going to test it some more time in watchdogs at the stock clocks. but your optimization brings a damn big boost without changeing the clock.

so now my question: is it okay that the kombuster makes my core throttle?...seems that games like WD doesnt do it.

You want to be posting this in the following thread, not this one as this is just a request thread:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

But, to answer your question, you're getting more performance in games with the modified vBIOS because the clocks aren't throttling & you're running at full boost during gaming. I really wouldn't bother running MSI Kombuster or Furmark on GPUs, those programs place unrealistic stress on GPUs that is a lot more than gaming loads - I don't think it's good for the health of your GPU & doesn't really help you work out whether or not your card is running as it should anyway. Your card throttles when running Kombuster or Furmark because it's knocking up against the max power (in Watts) that your card can deliver, therefore it throttles in order to stay within the power limits of the card - that's normal. Just keep track of your clocks during gaming to work out whether your card is behaving as it should, Furmark & Kombuster are power viruses, and not representative of real world gaming loads.

Hi slv7,can make a version for my GTX880M 8GB?

Could you please unlock the voltage and OC limit of the GTX880M 8GB Thanks.

Alienware M18X R1 use, unfortunately the version that you provided does not work gives me every conceivable error, hangs in the 3DMark tests and hangs on games, video drivers stop responding etc ...

Link my original BIOS

GTX880M 8GB (Dell, Alienware M18XR1)

GTX880M Original.rom (166,50 KB) - uploaded.net

For voltage above 1.21V you'll need either a hardmod or use the MSI AB voltage workaround.

For everything else, use the attached vbios. Please let me know if all is working fine. Thanks.

After testing with multiple games, I can confirm that your BIOS did the trick. The card never throttles and is stable at 1200mhz with 1,21v. Thank you once again.

Dear svl7,

please can you mod/unlock my BIOS?

My Notebook: Acer Aspire v3 772g Nvidia GTX760M - Bios Version 1.15.

Is it possible to mod my BIOS? ( würde gern wissen ob im Advanced Bios Menu die GTX760M als alleinige Grafikkarte eingestellt werden kann,möchte 3D Vision ohne Optimus Hürde nutzen können)

Or are the whole Bios Mods only for Overclocking purposes?

All necessarry Bios Backups with your Linked Tools i made immediatly if necessary!

Danke! Thanks! :)

Greetings from Germany

Hi Svl7.:Banane38:

I just want a vbios mod for New Dell Alienware 17 (BIOS Ver 10) with GTX880m 8 GB DDR5. I know OC version of GTX880m 8 GB has been released But That Vbios is causing system crashes for me with My Screen 120Hz WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) TrueLife 400 Nit Display w/3D.

I am ready to Pay Donation if you unlock my GTX880m 8 GB Vbios.

Please find my GTX880m BIOS as GXT880MS.rar file in following location.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HKx43eTnrwakJRN3p1LURNVUk/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in Advance.:Banane46:

Hi svl7, any chance of expanding the voltage & core Mhz limits on the Clevo 3GB 670MX vBIOS? It's this one that I'm using of yours: Clevo 670mx - 3GB - 80.04.58.00.03 - 'OC edition'_rev02.zip

Could do with voltage up to 1.1V, and Core Mhz slider up to a little beyond 1200Mhz. Many thanks if you can provide one, and I'm sure they'd be a beer in it for you! :-)

(Currently it's limited to 1.05V max & +542Mhz on the core, up from the stock 600Mhz and 0.925V)

Hi Slv, how you doing matey? I donated to you the day I downloaded the 880m vbios you came up with. I've since been having some odd problems with your vbios for the 880m. Nvidia Inspector, EVGA and MSI, all function as if my vbios is still stock after each computer restart. The only way I can get the over clocking functions working again, is to start Nvidia Control panel before opening Nvidia Inspector. I also have a few other problems, such as, driver crashes during Heaven Benchmarking. Plus, EVGA acts up with your current vbios for the 880m.

I was wondering if you could take a look at my stock vbios and create me a more stable vbios for the latest beta driver if possible please matey?

I've attached my stock 880m vbios link for you to take a look at. If you would like me to provide anything. I will be more than willing to do so, as I'm seriously reconsidering getting rid of my 880m at the moment.

FileSwap.com : nightdex's stock 880m rom.rar download free

Hi Slv, how you doing matey? I donated to you the day I downloaded the 880m vbios you came up with. I've since been having some odd problems with your vbios for the 880m. Nvidia Inspector, EVGA and MSI, all function as if my vbios is still stock after each computer restart. The only way I can get the over clocking functions working again, is to start Nvidia Control panel before opening Nvidia Inspector. I also have a few other problems, such as, driver crashes during Heaven Benchmarking. Plus, EVGA acts up with your current vbios for the 880m.

I was wondering if you could take a look at my stock vbios and create me a more stable vbios for the latest beta driver if possible please matey?

I've attached my stock 880m vbios link for you to take a look at. If you would like me to provide anything. I will be more than willing to do so, as I'm seriously reconsidering getting rid of my 880m at the moment.

FileSwap.com : nightdex's stock 880m rom.rar download free

I heard such stories about latest Beta driver on Alienware. Try to fully delete that driver from your system, install WHQL, and reflash vBIOS again. Perhaps that will help.

I heard such stories about latest Beta driver on Alienware. Try to fully delete that driver from your system, install WHQL, and reflash vBIOS again. Perhaps that will help.

Tried if. I've tried to even emulate the 780m. It fixes my issue until I restart, I'm back to square 1. I isn't have this problem at all before I updated to the beta driver. That beta driver must have something to set a flag of some sort. Not just in the vbios, but somewhere else as a clean flash would resolve my problem if it was related to just the vbios.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please mod the latest bios for my Alienware 17? I haven't been able to find anything on here that works, as I did not realise Alienware 17 was a specific model. I thought I had an m17x R4, but apparently it is an Alienware 17. I am not aware of the difference, but none of the bios mods for M17x R4 work.

As per instructions, here's a link to the bios I need modded. Driver Details | Dell Australia

The .bin dump from flashChk is attached as a zip also. I apologise if this has already been done, I couldn't find much info regarding the Alienware 17 and bios modding, and whether there is a difference between this and the Alienware M17x R* range.

FLASHGEN.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to blind flash a Clevo 8970m MXM 3.0 type B for an Asus G73JH. Currently has the stock vbios from the Clevo laptop for the PM77 chipset. I have my stock card installed (5870m) as I don't want to pull the functional card til I have a working vbios. What would you need from me, vbios or otherwise in order to help make this a success??

Any help or advice is appreciated. I relatively new to swapping cards from different chipsets and I would love to get it working without bricking and before it won't be worth the bother. Currently have $500 video card just collecting dust.

• BAKED pinned this topic