BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Hello,

I posted in the Kepler VBIOS mods thread but received no response to my request, then found this thread. Svl7 (or any other resident vbios guru) would you be able to modify my stock Kepler 860m bios (MSI GS60)? Unlocked clock limiter would be nice, but really wish power target was adjustable? If that's not possible, then perhaps set to 110 or 115%? I looked at the power tables in Kepler Bios Tweaker but was unsure which ones to modify. As is, the memory clocks like a champ but the core not so much. Many thanks in advance!

[ATTACH]11262[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11263[/ATTACH]

FLASHGEN.zip

EDIT: forgot Flashgen contents, now attached

Just an FYI - if you have the GPU installed in an HP, it will always be identified as an HP GPU no matter where it came from. It should be identified by the platform the GPU is installed in, not where the GPU came from. This has always been the case on MXM modules as far as I can remember. A Clevo GPU in an Alienware will be seen as a "Dell" GPU and a Dell GPU in a Clevo will show as a "Clevo" GPU. The vBIOS won't change the hardware ID of the platform receiving the GPU.

As far as the other issues you are having, there could be something HP implemented that is crippling things for you. Is your HP using an actual MXM card, or a BGA (motherboard integrated) GPU? If it is BGA (integrated) they may have something locked down that needs to be tweaked or broken in a different manner.

Thanks - you're right about the first point. What I meant is that the mobo bios sysinfo identifies the bios as the same (same date, if I am not mistaken).

As for the second one - yes, it's an MXM 3.0b card and it's actually interchangeable with a Dell Quadro (of the same [Kepler] generation). That's why I mustered the courage to do the flash with a Dell bios.

Anyway, I re-attach the original HP bios (as saved by nvflash) in case somebody wants to take a look (and maybe even mod it - shameless hint:)).

HP_K4000M.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Svl7. I have been using your bios you posted for the 650m inside my Dell 7720. Thanks for it, because it allows me to overclock compared to the stock bios..even boost seems to work correctly unlike stock. Dells bios for the 650m is horrendous, yours on the other hand fixes the problems.

When you posted it, a few people (including me) found that the intended core and memory frequencies of 970/1400 weren't working right. Instead the bios shows as core 970 memory 1000.

Its not a big problem because we can overclock fine, but in case you have forgotten, is it possible to fix? Here is your post a while back when you said you would try to fix the problem when you had time.

Thanks so much for your great work.

I read this thread since few days , I have a problem with 880M 8go installed on Alienware R4, I guess problem can come from the vbios, Can I find solution here ? I don't see yet people who have install 880m on R4, so sorry by advance, I don't know exactly how I can resolve my problem :\

My thread about that : http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/6705-gtx-880m-8go-m17x-r4-120hz-3d-screen-problem.html

Edit: Vbios from GPU-Z (880m 8go) : http://e756qsd8bz.1fichier.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey svl7!

I have a Dell AW18 with 2 GTX770M@SLI. The problem is: I cant set the power target, and the GPUs are throttling. I have flashed the Nvidia 770m - 80.06.51.00.0F 'OC edition' - rev02.zip BIOS and Dell 770m - 80.06.60.00.01_'OC edition' - rev02.zip version too, but not helped. I can set the voltages only and i have higher clock limits (what is nice, but if i OC, i gain no performance because the power cap).

Can you mod my original BIOS ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-f9c0I_svZWmFoWTJvN2NhRVU/edit?usp=sharing ) ?

PS: sorry, i cant attach the file, i uploaded it to GDrive.

I sent you 20 dollars for a beer, while you work with my BIOS :)

Hello svl7 (or one of the other guys),

Could you please make a full unlocked lenovo y510p v2.07 bios as you did for the v1xx bios versions.

Or at least the sata ahci advanced configuration options, as I need to change a few ahci options to let my new crucial m500 ssd work correctly.

Attached is my original bios (v2.07)

y510p_v207.zip

Thanks

(I would glady buy the one fixing this a beer or two :D )

Hey Guys I need an Modded vBios for my GTX680m 2GB (MSI). Using an Medion Erazer x6825 Notebook.

Don´t know if OV is needed cause the voltages already seem pretty high. (Look at the Screenshot attached)

My Target is to get near the power of the GTX670 Desktop card.

post-26561-14494997744648_thumb.png

Thank´s guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uziis3ezwi5bnah/Medion%20Erazer%20GTX680m%20vBIOS%20%28MSI%202GB%29%20-%20untouched.rar

Hey guys. I'm sorry if i misunderstood something in the rules. Just knowing some school english ;)

Already editet my post with an link to Dropbox. Wanted to upload it directly here but doesnt work.

A can't find any link to the vendor page with a newer bios so just uploaded Mine. It's untouched and stock for sure.

with"my target is to get about the gtx670" i meant that this is my personaltarget. So just want to get the vbios unlocked to oc with nvinspector or sth. Like this by my self.

And oV is locked in my bios so i cannot do it in Software.

tryed the 2gb dell vbios but it doesnt work.

I would be very thankful for your help and for sure i will spend you a beer for your work.

Hi guys.

I need a vbios with boost (and throttling) disabled and voltage up to 1.3v for my msi twin frozr GTX 780.

Original bios:

http://www.filedropper.com/gtx780

For voltage above 1.21V you'll need either a hardmod or use the MSI AB voltage workaround.

For everything else, use the attached vbios. Please let me know if all is working fine. Thanks.

MSI 780 - 'Twin Frozr' - 80.80.21.00.75 - 'OC edition' v04.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys. I'm sorry if i misunderstood something in the rules. Just knowing some school english ;)

Already editet my post with an link to Dropbox. Wanted to upload it directly here but doesnt work.

A can't find any link to the vendor page with a newer bios so just uploaded Mine. It's untouched and stock for sure.

with"my target is to get about the gtx670" i meant that this is my personaltarget. So just want to get the vbios unlocked to oc with nvinspector or sth. Like this by my self.

And oV is locked in my bios so i cannot do it in Software.

tryed the 2gb dell vbios but it doesnt work.

I would be very thankful for your help and for sure i will spend you a beer for your work.

Here you go. Please post a screenshot showing the overclocking section of nvidia inspector. Thanks.

For voltage above 1.21V you'll need either a hardmod or use the MSI AB voltage workaround.

For everything else, use the attached vbios. Please let me know if all is working fine. Thanks.

Hi.

Thank you for your time and effort.

The card does not appear to be throttling, but as you reduced the voltages I cannot take the voltage above 1.125v with Afterburner (mod tools won't work for me) so I cannot say for sure. ((edit: nevermind, using NVIDIA inspector)).

I tried modding your BIOS with Kepler to solve the voltage issue (I know, bad idea) and the card wouldn't boot but I reflashed it with integrated video and it's working normally now.

I will test it with a few more games and report back.

MSI AB has its issues, I found that Nvidia inspectors follows the recent nvidia api most closely and therefore works best. The voltage workaround should still work with MSI AB though, it's just a matter of configuring it properly. However since with that workaround the voltage controller will be set to a different mode, you'll be at the set voltage all the time, even when idling.

• BAKED pinned this topic