BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Hi @svl7,

Lenovo recently provided some official vBIOS updates for the Ultrabay GPU's on the Y-series gaming notebooks to allow SLI to work in Windows 8.1. Could you please mod these to unlock the overclocking limit and enable software voltage control like you did for the previous vBIOSes? I've attached the Ultrabay 650M and 750M vBIOSes. Thanks

650M 750M

• Thumbs Up 5

Sorry, I read the rules a little late. I was inquiring to see if you had the original vbios for Dell Inspiron 7720 SE Nvidia GT 650m Gddr5 2GB. I figure this is the wrong place for that, if so my bad. I can't give you mine since I am asking for the original, I think I ruined the integrity of mine. My card doesn't even show up in windows any more, either it isn't booting any more or uefi has detected the anomaly and is rejecting it. In any case I searched the web but can't find it so I am asking you -_-', if by some miracle you do have it can you also tell me the procedure to flashing it, standard bios update are simple point and click but I have never flashed a vbios before. Thanks.

I use a windows 8 64 bit system, in case that matters.

Never mind, Dell have fixed my problem with the A16 Bios update, seems this was their fault. And I just learned that the Bios and vBios for laptops are the same file. Thanks though, its been 5 months but my PC is finally back.

When nvflash tells you "flash successful" then it's flashed :P

lol true dat ... but im trying to flash from windows ... its recognizing the card but its also showing an error called GPU Mismatch ... its not even giving me a choice to enter 'y' like u mentioned ... any idea why ?

post-14242-14494996357083_thumb.jpg

I believe u have given me the mod for VBIOS 80.06.61.00.01 whereas mine says 80.06.64.00.01

Hi @svl7,

Lenovo recently provided some official vBIOS updates for the Ultrabay GPU's on the Y-series gaming notebooks to allow SLI to work in Windows 8.1. Could you please mod these to unlock the overclocking limit and enable software voltage control like you did for the previous vBIOSes? I've attached the Ultrabay 650M and 750M vBIOSes. Thanks

650M 750M

Reposting for awareness, Win7 ain't being too good for me on Y500.

• Thumbs Up 3

SVL, thanks a lot for the 765m Vbios, already passed the 5k mark on 3Dmark11 still testing XD

Do yours throttle like crazy? Ever since I flashed my 765m is throttling like never before:S Resinstalling drivers also failed 3 times:P had to do the install 3 times till it finally installed:P

Edit: Seems to be my OC, it wasn't stable:P

Edit2: Well I restarted and my video card disappeared:S, everything is blank and when i go to device manager, it simply doesn't have the Display adapter section:S but my monitor still displays everything.

Nvidia Control panel is gone, and I can't installed the GPU drivers, says no gpu:P I think i'm flashing back to stock, this was fun while it lasted:P

Edit3: flashing back to stock did nothing, the video card is no longer being displayed at all:(

Edit4: OK! So LOL, after uninstalling EVERYTHING NVIDIA, and then force restarting into Discrete mode only, it finally reappeared:). My vbios adventure was a scary one!

Edit5: Sorry for all the edits, didn't want to repost. Trying again to reflash I think i see my problem. With these bios, the voltage doesn't go over what you set it, with the original it would go up to w.e it was stock set. I actually put the voltage lower than what it was in stock drivers.

For this one I see that the normal voltage is 1.00v, though it doesn't go lower. With stock it goes to .8ish. I set it to +12.5 mV which wasn't enough, seeing as the stock drivers during Boost go to 1.0310v, which was why I was stable with +110 mhz. So my 12.5 mV was about 17.5mV lower than stock...how embarrassing!

Don't know if this is the best place to post this but here goes.

Will the MSI or Clevo 770m vbios available in this thread be compatible with my own dell 770m (It was pulled from an Alienware 18 i think.)

My m15x will clock properly when its first booted but any sleep mode or normal shutdown locks the clocks to around 400 without a full restart.

Thanks.

Hey svl7, I'd really appreciate it if you could create a BIOS mod for the Gigabyte P34G just to unlock some more options (such as TDP adjustment and disabling cores).

Here's a link to the original BIOS file: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/nb-bios-p34-win8-bios-f303a-ec-f203.exe

I've also attached the requested BIN file generated from flashChk.exe here: (Tech|Inferno won't let me upload it for some reason) https://mega.co.nz/#!CNURnaJZ!TKv7sWm0ybJlFYDH8PSpTGe56Wt6JKY7ddvBvopFrSs

Thanks a lot!

That's the bios... you won't be able to flash that. Vbios mod is possible, please send me a copy of the vbios (dump it with GPU-Z or similar).

Hi there ... First of all thanks a lot for AW14_GTX765M vbios mod ... I am able to change the clocks and voltages ... OC works amazingly well for some games but for games like COD:Ghosts i see occasional drops in clocks ... also in this game temps go to 74C which makes the OC unstable ... im guessing a BIOS mod is also required ... U have already said that the BIOS mod or unlocking the BIOS is not possible ... but can we expect this in the near future ??

Im on A06 BIOS ... Thanks in advance !!

• BAKED pinned this topic