BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

NVIDIA makes Notebook manufactures pay for licensing 3D VISION per Notebook and per GPU model...the driver checks for motherboard ID, GPU ID, presence of license and "correct" HW ID of internal emitter as well as the HW ID of the internal screen...if for example we brake the line by just changing the internal screen to another revision 3D screen from the same manufacturer, BAM no 3D...

It is possible to get stuff working, but that's not something you just hex in during the lunch brake. ;)

Like I said, I'm all ears to get it going. And yes, I remember reading a post of a gentlemen who upgraded his video card in an alienware laptop only to be violated by that "unsupported panel" message after.

The only thing I can trade in kind is being a guinea pig :D and cooking up some android firmware from source if you're interested.

I've been in I.T. for so long, but always put off programming, its a steep curve from zero. If only it was like the old days and I could fire up a nice TSR program to simply spoof all the info that the nvidia driver wanted to "hear"

@-r.-GimP

Here's the vbios, Bios will follow soon.

Let me know if all is fine.

Flashes, boots, then fails at the driver level.

Bang in device manager permanently, occasionally says it requires a restart,

"windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems, code 43"

Tried adjusting a bit in bios, no go, clean install on drivers, different versions, nothing working.

Whoops, my bad, this should fix it.

Everything seems to be functioning correctly, tested power target, increase and decrease throttle properly.

Tested thermal target, working as well.

Voltage plane seems to affect not only core clock stability but also very much impacts the ram, this isn't a bad thing in any way, just weird not having individual sliders, tho I know thats just a limitation of the graphics card design.

I haven't pushed it too far into insanity, but even at 100% power target, it takes significantly more clock+voltage+load to flag power as the limiter, so I guess it was nerfed pretty hard by Asus?

Either way, will keep pushing it around and report back, so far after the last 2 hours or so, it's good as gold svl7.

Thank you kindly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, @svl7, thank you for the vBIOS for my machine as well. Still looking on that mxm adapter but its bad times lately. I saw the one on ebay but it was only for type I and II, getting the 3a/b I'm coming up with nothing man =\

I found a chinese vendor but I'll have to send them some correspondence directly, as there are no buy links on their website (they are whole salers) but it may be just that simple to send them a message and have them put one on ebay for sale.

In case you want to take the lead, i'm referring to these guys:

Products - MXM TO PCIE,PCI-E TO MXM II -

So I flashed the 1.075V clevo 7970m vBIOS linked earlier and 1040MHz tops out at only 81C with the fans on auto. Think you can make me a 1.1V version?

bup

Also please provide a checksum since I need to flash in windows.

I modded a P150EM 7970M vBIOS for another user here if you'd like to try it. It has 1100V version as well and checksum is in the post.

• Thumbs Up 1

I modded a P150EM 7970M vBIOS for another user here if you'd like to try it. It has 1100V version as well and checksum is in the post.

Works well!

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Genuine Intel® CPU 0 @ 2.40GHz,CLEVO P150EM

The checksum was F300 not F400 by the way. I downloaded and flashed multiple times before restarting to confirm.

This BIOS also seems to be a later version than what I was using. This BIOS does not artifact at the very start of some tests and more programs can read clocks and voltage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow awesome score! :D

Hmmm that's checksum is weird. I downloaded it again and checked using HxD which I use to mod and the checksum is still F400. I normally use ATIflash in DOS and it always reflects the same checksum value that HxD reports.

Is OverDrive working correctly?

Wow awesome score! :D

Hmmm that's checksum is weird. I downloaded it again and checked using HxD which I use to mod and the checksum is still F400. I normally use ATIflash in DOS and it always reflects the same checksum value that HxD reports.

Is OverDrive working correctly?

Weird. atiwinflash repeatedly reported a checksum of F300. I was checking by dumping the flash immediately after flashing it.

Overdrive is still not present, but precisionX works flawlessly like on the stock BIOS.

Need a Bios unlock for my G46VW. A GPU unlock please so I can overclock this thing further than +135 on the core.

Link to original bios: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G46VW/G46VWAS210.zip (note this is a javascript link asus does their downloads weird i will post a working link there is no other way to download this file other than from the link i post or from the asus support page.)

Link 1: G46VW - Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS

Link 2: https://mega.co.nz/#!slVUlBgJ!JX18PlwbNibfQbjyIZRnAU_IMXZUK-nRt1GrsV-t8WY

Please and thank you slv

Edit: Cant run the dumping programs on 8.1 on my asus It says 'Cannot be run on the current platform.'

Hi svl7,

is this MSI 770m - 80.06.54.00.11 'OC edition' - rev02.zip posted in the first page is compatible with MSI MS-16f4 whitebook with GTX 770m? I'm not sure if it can fix the "code 43" error on my video card. I haven't upgraded/changed the vBios of my card but a few weeks ago I'm not able to use it. I tried the usual solutions (reinstall windows, thermal paste, downgrade/upgrade drivers) but no luck. I'm thinking that I messed up with my card using OC apps.

Hi svl7,

You posted this a while back, this is the 8.x beta driver that has the Secure Boot option. Windows 8.1 requires this and I'm already using a WLAN card that requires the modded bios that you made. I'm currently using the 2.07 modified bios that you made, and on the same thread, they were saying that it is safe to update to the 8.x? I'm not sure if that is true.

It would be great for the Y580 Windows 8.1 users could have this.

Thanks!

QIWY3090.zip

Hi Svl7,

First of all thank you for your hard work on the custom vBios you provide! I would like to ask if it's possible for you to customize the GTX 680M vBios in attachment, with adjustable voltage like the vBios you made for 780M?

Thank you,

Best Regards to all

Hi again svl7,

Can you please give some feedback regarding my initial post? I know that this vBios is already customized by you, but in this version 80.04.67.00.01 you did not provide other voltages except stock :P

Thank you,

Best Regards to all

Hey SVL

My 680m in SLI with 3D 120hz has the same identical issue to the 780m SLI 3D 120hz issue that you just fixed recently! (http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/4980-solved-fix-clevo-p370sm3-sager-np9380-s-120hz-3d-sli-flickering-scanlines.html)

I have uploaded my 680m stock vBIOS, could you please copy what you did to fix that vbios?

I have already tried Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip however the issue is still there (voltage remains stock) and underclocking/overclocking does not resolve the problem.

Now I have tried the likes of Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip but because that vbios revision doesn't support UEFI/secure boot my OS wont boot...

STOCK.zip

Hello, svl7. Sorry for my English is not very good.

could you modified msi gtx680m?(laptop: gt70 old type..)

I know you have modified msi gtx680m in the post ---"NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks"

and the vbios now I use is "MSI 680m - 80.04.33.00.24_'OCedition'_revised_02 - OV 1025v.zip " , it is a very good vbios.

But the little disadvantage is that if I want to set the gpu clock/memory to 1000/1200(this is the frequency I use usually), I must use some software as inspector etc..

And for now, another critical problem is that the newest nvidia driver is 331.58, and the driver sets the throttle temperature is 87 Celsius, i think it is a really low temperature, and in Inspecotor, you can't remove the check of the priorize temperature box.post-13866-14494996297225_thumb.jpg

So could you modified a new vbios that contains the feature:

1. Remove the throttle temperature or change it to 95 Celsius.

2. The default gpu clock/memory is 950/1050, and I could use Inspector to higher frequency if I want.

3. The turbo function could work, if the turbo mode is off, the frequency is the ordinary freq set by the manufacture, and if the turbo mode is on, the fre is 950/1050,(of course, if the function is too hard to realize, it doesn't matter.)

4. The voltage is 1.05v, (I have bought the 230w power adapter,haha)

In fact,only the 1st requested feature is important.(^_^), and the other requests is better and better...

And here is the ordinary msi vbios:

GK104.zip

Thanks a lot!

Hi svl7, as I asked in the Kepler Vbios mods thread, I would like to know if you can make the version OV 1050v of this bios : Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip to keep secure boot working. Dump of my original bios is joined, but I guess you can just modify the OCedition bios :)

Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_original.zip

• BAKED pinned this topic