BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

• Bios Modder
30 minutes ago, Madpeky said:

Thank you Klem. I already tried this one (and all others on that site), nvflash shows a Board ID problem unfortunately and i cant go further the flash process :rofl:

Ok. Are you exactly sure that your card with 4Gb memory?

This is a screenshot of "nvidia-smi" under Linux showing 4043mb for the card.

Although the reference of my computer is G750JY-T4044H and every website says that should be 8go ? :ohmy:

gpu.png

Power shows "ERR" because card isnt activated under OS yet.

Edited by Madpeky

Ok just checked the original box (is it the right word ?) that came with the laptop, its written 8 Gb ram for the graphic card....

So it shows 4 Gb because the vbios is wrong ? The card is defective ? Or is it because i changed the original motherboard (for same type) :geek:

Also i already tried the 8 Gb bios from TechPowerUp, all full wrong except one that has only a Board ID mismatch.

Thanks again for your help :frantics:

• Bios Modder
14 minutes ago, Madpeky said:

Ok just checked the original box (is it the right word ?) that came with the laptop, its written 8 Gb ram for the graphic card....

So it shows 4 Gb because the vbios is wrong ? The card is defective ? Or is it because i changed the original motherboard (for same type) :geek:

Also i already tried the 8 Gb bios from TechPowerUp, all full wrong except one that has only a Board ID mismatch.

Thanks again for your help :frantics:

I think that you can try install Windows, normal Nvidia drivers and check memory for the graphic card.

Also, if you have previously installed vbios for 4Gb version, then it's may be problem.

Ok ill try that also :rofl:

If that doesnt work do you think the modified vbios (for OC) for 970m and 980m in the main thread could solve the problem ?

Thank you again

Edited by Madpeky

• Bios Modder
42 minutes ago, Madpeky said:

If that doesnt work do you think the modified vbios (for OC) for 970m and 980m in the main thread could solve the problem ?

No, i think that the best way, is disassembly laptop and check physically if your card 8Gb or 4Gb. Then search Asus vbios for that model.

EDIT: Finally found the original bios in the "unverified bios uploads "category of TechPowerUp, going to try it this afternoon. I hope it is a good one !

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/172275/172275

EDIT 2: Problem solved, "unverified bios" from TechPowerUp was the good one for my card.

Another stupid question, when i enter the "normal" bios i see a serial number of "vbios" inside, and its a wrong one. Is there anyway to change it ?

Thank you :logik:

Edited by Madpeky

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Madpeky said:

Is there anyway to change it ?

Go in bios setup menu, on the last page "Save and Exit" set "Default Settings", then press F10 button to save, then Enter button.

Hello everyone

I am trying to modify my Razer Blade laptop to be as power efficient and quiet as possible when doing 3D work.

Even though its been a while since I did this sort of vbios modifications, I was able to extract the 970m bios from the laptop and modify to my liking

I was able to reduce the voltage by increasing the boost table until the stock clocks were matching the lowest voltage tier.

Unfortunately seems like I am unable to reduce voltages any further. The lowest I could get is 0.8750-0.8500v depending on the load on the card. Which is way better than the 0.9v+ I was getting before.

If anyone could modify my bios to reduce load voltages as much as they could, It would be great. I will test stability on my own and reduce the clocks as needed later since I don't need that much performance anyway.

Right now I just need someone experienced with tweaking voltages. I think I read somewhere there is a limit on how much you can reduce voltage before the whole card stops reporting clocks correctly.

Anyway. I am looking for maybe 0.8000v or even 0.7500v at load, but I'll take whatever its possible.

I will gladly tip on Paypal anyone thats able to help me achieve that.

Hope my post was in the correct place and I was able to explain it correctly lol

Thanks in advance.

version7.rom

• 1 month later...

Hi friends!
Can anyone help in editing and unlocked my bios?
My configuration is Ami Aptio 2.13.1216 (bios version:4.6.5.1) pegatron a35.
My research so far led me to this result:
1.found setup and transferred to txt - the main menu shows 6 items, which are only five when the BIOS is loaded, there are no Advance and Chipset items (the Advance item is visible when started bios and the Advanced(from a Setup.txt file) - different item)
2.also found the sequence 01 00 00 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 in the extracted amitse, , which was corrected by me (01 01 01 01 01 01 00 00 00 00) and flashed.
This did not work. Can someone have a solution or thoughts on unlock the hidden settings and change the logo? I will be happy with any help or advice.https://drive.google.com/file/d/19WwjaRdOmrN-GXPMSxhGCH2ol35yAMTU/view?usp=sharing my A35bios_region

setup main.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, dear forum members and BIOS modders. I need your help. We all need your help. 
I'm owner of Lenovo Ideapad 510 and this laptop has a huge problem - GPU throltlles from 1200Mhz to 405Mhz when reaching 61C. And he locked on 61C from bios. I already have programmer and tried to manually set clocks of gpu, set boost clock and etc., but this won't work. I can provide bios, get info all info that I know to you to unlock GPU Temp Limit.

I don't know anything about InsydeH2O bios modding, so i can't find the code, which carries GPU temp limit and change it.

On ‎27‎.‎8‎.‎2018‎ г. at 9:16 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Try this.

K2000M_GK107.rom

Thank you very much for you response!
The problem is that I’m unable to download your atachement, the site is giving me response “The page you are trying to access is not available for your account”>
Have I to do something with mi account?
Anyway, thank you!

• Bios Modder
42 minutes ago, i_v said:

Thank you very much for you response!
The problem is that I’m unable to download your atachement, the site is giving me response “The page you are trying to access is not available for your account”>
Have I to do something with mi account?
Anyway, thank you!

Just read user account promotion rules:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 4 months later...

Hello, is this topic still alive? Im looking for a way to unlock full gpu overclocking potential in my laptop bios. I have Acer V3-772G with GTX 760M and tried messing up with gpu bios in Kepler bios tweaker but after flashing modded bios it seems to have no effect on clock speeds or voltages. I assume changes of these parameters are hardlocked into laptops bios. Could anyone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello PC guru's, I have a alienware m17x r4, 2012 model, I'm in desperate need of an unlocked bios, the latest bios version is A15, I will gladly donate to the person that can do this for me, I think A11 is the latest to be unlocked, I don't know how much difference there is from A12 to A15, please someone help me with this, I know there are a lot of owners who would like to have this unlocked A15 bios as well, Thanks a bunch,  captcavy. Aka: Shelby Collins,  [email protected]

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, captcavy said:

Hello PC guru's, I have a alienware m17x r4, 2012 model, I'm in desperate need of an unlocked bios, the latest bios version is A15, I will gladly donate to the person that can do this for me, I think A11 is the latest to be unlocked, I don't know how much difference there is from A12 to A15, please someone help me with this, I know there are a lot of owners who would like to have this unlocked A15 bios as well, Thanks a bunch,  captcavy. Aka: Shelby Collins,  captcavy@yahoo.com

Hi!

Upgrade your current bios to latest version A15, then create your bios backup and send it to me.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

21 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Upgrade your current bios to latest version A15, then create your bios backup and send it to me.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

hi Klem , i hope i did this right, let me know, here is the results zip file, also i don't know if it matters but my operating system

is Windows Pro 10, thanks Klem,  Shelby

results.rar

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, captcavy said:

hi Klem , i hope i did this right, let me know, here is the results zip file, also i don't know if it matters but my operating system

is Windows Pro 10, thanks Klem,  Shelby

results.rar

Hi!

Yes, your file results it's correct. Check PM.

• 1 month later...

I joined because of the BIOS modding here.

If I understand this correctly, I have to have five posts over a week to get promoted to be allowed to download attachments?

I've got a G73SW, looking at buying a PCIe to MXM adapter and I've got time on my hands... I'm going to avoid the blind flash if at all possible.

• BAKED pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am going to intall a GTX 980M on my M17x R4 soon.

I have read several threads talking about experiencing throttling with this setup...

Is it something that should worry me in advance? Does it only relate to Overclocked bioses and is the popular modded bios by svl7 an overclocked one?

What I am only after is a hassle-free operation of my "new" card. I do not seek a further performance increase on top of the stock capabilities of GTX 980M.

thanks