BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

• 5 weeks later...

Hello!

I've got laptop, Acer G9 (593), I even have a thread here: https://goo.gl/xHGLer

Problem is, that CPU overheats in my laptop unless I lower its voltage. But it's possible only in Windows and cannot be applied all over the system. So my idea is to flash new voltage data for CPU in BIOS. That's the only change I'm interested in.

Via Intel Extreme Tuning Utility I change voltage offset to -0,120

EH1tLcqmwOg.jpg

My BIOS is there: https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/support-product/6964?b=1

Any chance to have fixed bios with lover voltage on CPU? 

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
On ‎21‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 6:37 PM, 750dmg said:

@Klem can you increase the power limit for 980m 120w or 130w or can you edit to changable for me because I dont have 330w psu. I have p750 dm-g with G-SYNC. Thank you!

GM204 stock.rom

Try this.

GM204 stock.rom

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey. I need a unlocked vBios for my MSI GTX 970M 6GB 

Im not sure the vBios from clevo fits (svl7 6GB Version Mod).

My notebook turns off after 5 minutes gaming with stock vBios. Any suggestions?

Maybe a modded ROM could fix it or maybe you got any idea.

Thx

MSI.GTX970M.6144.140904.rom

Edited by HighAsFuck420❥

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, HighAsFuck420❥ said:

My notebook turns off after 5 minutes gaming with stock vBios. Any suggestions?

Hi!

I think that in your case you can try use Power Adapter (Power supply) with more power.

I have a MSI GT72 2QD (Haswell) and I tried a HP power supply with the same specifications as the original (230W?). Same result.

After I flashed the newest EC firmware and vBios from MSI I was able to play for 45 minutes instead of 5.

After that my notebooks shuts down again. No bluescreen or something else, just goes off.

Temperature should be no problem. I changed to liquid metal after I faced the problem and it reached not more than 65°.

No dust or anything.

I also unplugged the battery and tried it only with the power supply. 

I think its my vRam which is fucked up whyever.

My last hope is a modded vBios maybe 2 variants I could try.

Greetz

Edited by HighAsFuck420❥

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
21 hours ago, TechnoRush said:

So.. I can't request @slv7 to modify my vBIOS anymore, could i?

Hi!

vBIOS for your card you can download from the first page of this thread: 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello Klem, i hope you can help me out. i'm currently using a clevo p650re-3 (non-gsync) with a 970m 3GB. i wanted to push the card further as it is handling the +135 to core standard OC pretty easily. i'm looking to have the power limit increased as well as unlocking voltage control and higher OC sliders. your help would be greatly appreciated. attached is the stock BIOS as taken by GPU-Z

GM204 stock p650re3.rom

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, antonio.delosreyes said:

hello Klem, i hope you can help me out. i'm currently using a clevo p650re-3 (non-gsync) with a 970m 3GB. i wanted to push the card further as it is handling the +135 to core standard OC pretty easily. i'm looking to have the power limit increased as well as unlocking voltage control and higher OC sliders. your help would be greatly appreciated. attached is the stock BIOS as taken by GPU-Z

GM204 stock p650re3.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM box.

• 2 months later...

Hi, @Klem!
I'm very-very-very need your help!!!

I have very interesting GPU - Nvidia Tesla M6 :)

My bad is I can't manage to work it on my Alienware M18x R2. In the full PEG mode in UEFI boot I have 8 beeps and black screen, in mixed UEFI/Legacy mod - only black screen without beeps. In SG mode with UEFI/Legacy mod I'm able to boot in Windows and install drivers with .inf mod of course, but after reboot I have black screen after Windows boot logo.

As far as I know there is no VBIOS for this card that support video output to the internal or external screen, also there are only HP VBIOS exist. May be I wrong also. So my request to you - can you please look to my stock VBIOS, may be it's possible to enable video output or something like that... Also, maybe you already have the proper VBIOS for this video card?
This card must be similar to Quadro M5000M, but I can't crossflash it because of the board ID missmach :(

I also include my original VBIOS.

GM204.rom

Ok, so I have no luck with cross-flash it to Quadro M5000M with Nvflash because Device ID and Board ID missmach, but I flashed it with programmer. This doesn't help, device ID and board ID stayed the same as before flashing but vBIOS version was changed. Also in this case after installing drivers and reboot I haven't black screen anymore but GPU still not work, it's indicate with error code 43 in the device manager. So I ges the only I need is a proper vBIOS and proper modified drivers to make it work.

If anyone here can help my - I'll be much appreciated and there will be another one great upgrade for immortal Alienware M18x R2! :)

Edited by stas.b85

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !

I really dont know where to ask this but it looks like this is the good thread.

Im desperately looking for a stock vbios (or custom one) of a GTX 980M 4Bg that was on an Asus G750JY...i've lost the one i saved and cant find another one on google. This one doesnt work, i got a blank screen at Linux start with proprietary driver => https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/166385/asus-gtx980m-4096-140904.

Nvflash and Linux command line can detect it though...

That would be really nice.

Thank you :frantics:

PS: Sorry for my bad english

• Bios Modder
52 minutes ago, Madpeky said:

Hi all !

I really dont know where to ask this but it looks like this is the good thread.

Im desperately looking for a stock vbios (or custom one) of a GTX 980M 4Bg that was on an Asus G750JY...i've lost the one i saved and cant find another one on google. This one doesnt work, i got a blank screen at Linux start with proprietary driver => https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/166385/asus-gtx980m-4096-140904.

Nvflash and Linux command line can detect it though...

That would be really nice.

Thank you :frantics:

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Hi!

You can try flash this version:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/176970/asus-gtx980m-4096-150408

Thank you Klem. I already tried this one (and all others on that site), nvflash shows a Board ID problem unfortunately and i cant go further the flash process :rofl:

Edited by Madpeky

• BAKED pinned this topic