BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Hi, I have an Asus G751JY with the i7 4710HQ.

With the first BIOS (oldest one) it was possible to raise up the CPU multipliers to 37-36-35-35 using Intel XTU. Then Asus limited the multipliers, and with the newer BIOS versions the multipliers can go to 36-35-34-34 maximum.

In some games (mostly rFactor2, not very optimized for CPU) I noticed that GPU is bottlenecked by CPU, and even 100MHZ makes visible improvements.

Is it possible to unlock the 37-36-35-35 multipliers even in the newest BIOS? If so, is it possible to go above these multipliers, too?

Links to original BIOS from Asus:

202 (oldest) - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JY/G751JYAS202.zip

209 (newest) - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JY/G751JYAS209.zip

Thank you really much.

Hi, guys!

I have HP Z1 that came with Quadro 1000M and recently I decided to upgrade the GPU.

I got Dell K5000M the other day and I have installed it successfully.

I am temporarily running Windows 10 and it installed the driver automatically.

Everything worked great, BUT I have a problem where the GPU will never go past 324MHz although it is advertised as 601MHz.

I have flashed the modified K5000M VBIOS that svl7 kindly provided in the Kepler VBIOS as attachment.

With that VBIOS flashed the monitor would not light up after logon screen, but shows in BIOS or while flashing the VBIOS.

Tried a different NVidia bios and that one has the same effect. No video in Windows.

Tried a brand new installation of the OS as well. The same thing.

I also tried Kepler BIOS Tweaker, but I releazed that I would mess something up.

I am attaching the original BIOS that came with the card. It just would not go beyond 324MHz in 3D environments.

Would you, please help me?

I just want to know how to remove that 324MHz GPU barrier for my VBIOS.

Dell_K5000M_80.04.5A.00.05.zip

Hi svl7 :encouragement:

I wanted to ask if there is a way to unlock the vBIOS of the Asus G751JY (980m 4Gb).

I should think it is, since I have seen on the forum someone (dean007) with a modded vBios for the G751JT (same notebook model as mine, but with a 970m 3Gb).

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere an unlocked G751JY 980m vBIOS (like the one used by dean007 for his mod on G751JT).

I opened a discussion in the Asus forum section. There you can find as attached my dumped 980m vBIOS (I used GPU-Z).

Could you take a look at it when you have a spare minute? At least to see if it can be done or not? I know you have tons of modding to do (and real life too), and I would be most grateful.

Best regards

hello SLV7 i have an m15x with a 6970m/6990m post-36821-14495000930016_thumb.png

its supposed to a 6970m by dell hers the info from gpu-z

when i run 3dmark benchmarks the gpu is identified as "6970m/6990m" and i dont know what that means because my other card were identified as 6970m or 6990m by itself. so here is the the original vbios . is there a way to have it run like a 6990m if not if you could unlock this vbios completey it would be much appreciated

thank you

Blackcomb 6970M BIOS.zip

FLASHGEN.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have a Quadro K5000M in the Dell Precision M6700.

I just started using the unlocked K5000M VBIOS from the top of the thread here: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

It's great and solves a clock throttling issue that I have been having, and having the GPU clock up to 758 MHz without having to manually tweak anything is really nice. However, it is for an old version of the K5000M VBIOS, 80.04.33.00.35. There is a new version, 80.04.5A.00.05, which resolves an issue for UEFI systems. The old version will not boot up if legacy option ROMs are disabled, and this is fixed in the newer version. You have to disable legacy option ROMs to use UEFI Secure Boot.

Is there any chance you could apply the same "fixes" to the new version of the VBIOS? Here it is.

K5000M-80.04.5A.00.05.zip

Hi svl7, I have a Clevo GTX 680m (4GB) and was using your vBIOS who unlocks UEFI (version 80.04.67.00.01) to use secure boot and installs Windows 10.

But I was using before the older version, who haves an OV of 1050v (80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip).

Could you please put OV versions (1000v, 1025v and 1050v) of the new version?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there the slightest possibility I could get a modified EC for my Clevo x7200 that starts 100% GPU fan at 74°C? Currently, at auto it starts at 78°C, while the recent 35X.XX drivers all cause my GPU to drop utilization (to around 40-60%) when it hits 76°C. I only temporarily fixed it by rolling back to 347.88, the "latest" driver (which is even pre-Windows 10) that doesn't have this bug. More details in this thread...

If anyone could help or knows a different solution I would deeply appreciate it :ambivalence:

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all!

I was hoping someone could please help me Modify my Vbios for my GM204 GTX 970M?

I'm fully aware their is a Sticky for the 970M, but that's only for the 6GB version. I've got the 3GB edition, from MSI.

I'm just looking for someone to remove the +135 Limitation and unlock the Vcore/TDP if possible.

If you could do the same as the official SVL7 but just for the 3GB MSI version I have, I would be very thankful!

(It wont for whatever reason allow me to upload directly, so here is a DropBox link)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s7u9xxoeuv4zmh/GM204.rom?dl=0

Thank you very much, if you need any more information I'd be more than happy to provide it!

• Bios Modder
Good day all!

I was hoping someone could please help me Modify my Vbios for my GM204 GTX 970M?

I'm fully aware their is a Sticky for the 970M, but that's only for the 6GB version. I've got the 3GB edition, from MSI.

I'm just looking for someone to remove the +135 Limitation and unlock the Vcore/TDP if possible.

If you could do the same as the official SVL7 but just for the 3GB MSI version I have, I would be very thankful!

(It wont for whatever reason allow me to upload directly, so here is a DropBox link)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s7u9xxoeuv4zmh/GM204.rom?dl=0

Thank you very much, if you need any more information I'd be more than happy to provide it!

Send me or post here your vbios, I will look.

Hi @Klem could you please edit the latest x7200 EC to start max fans at 74°C instead of 78°C? ._. I also asked @Prema but he couldn't help so far...

The reason behind this request is, every Windows 10 driver has a bug that drops my GPU's utilization to 40-60% when it reaches 76°C (which is before 78°C). The most recent driver that runs normally is 347.88 (which has no optimizations for current games, which sucks), a pre-Windows 10 driver.

This bug is purely driver related, as I even re-installed Windows 10 to rule out other software-related issues. My CPU runs at ~60°C, no temp throttling there. The clocks also stay the same, just the GPUs utilization drops.

I use the latest BIOS from this website "728BV13S.ISO", I could send it to you.

The most recent EC I use is 1.00.08. I figured out the EC in the previous link is only 1.0.0.07.

Found the file in this thread.

• Bios Modder
just tested it and result seems to be weaker than before mod

+135 clock

+400 memory

valley extreme hd 1150pts

now

+200 core

+500 memory

1090pts

throttling?

temps max 64 degrees

I just unlock your vbios, remove Nvidia limit +135, and rise Power limit. Then you can overclock your card more than before.

How overclock Nvidia cards, you can search in Google. I think if you increase core clock, you should at the same time increase core voltage. And of course, when you overclock, you need monitor all parametres in GPU-Z( monitoring window), and analyze this parametres.

I think this thread does not best choice of place for this discussion.

• BAKED pinned this topic