BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Just download program MSI Afterburner or NVIDIA Inspector and overclock your card.

Thank you Klem, so its possible to create the shortcut with nvidia inspector and overclock more than 135mhz ? I was checking a tutorial on how to do it but wasnt sure if thats the best way ? Thank You !

• Bios Modder
Thank you Klem, so its possible to create the shortcut with nvidia inspector and overclock more than 135mhz ? I was checking a tutorial on how to do it but wasnt sure if thats the best way ? Thank You !

If you want overclock GPU more then 135mhz, then the best way modify bios. In your case vbios is a part of main system bios.

I think in this thread this is offtopic.

the ADMIN (BDmaster) administrator BIOS-mod advised me to look for you because you are an expert in bios ami :-D

after I changed the bios I managed to unlock almost all settings . but I could not unlock the voice chipset :-( . I think it's hidden .

but I changed some values manually . (disabled cpu throttling,Audio volume UP, etccc.

I wanted to ask if I can help modify intel XTU . to make it work in my latptop and to make overclock the cpu or change the speed of memories

I tried to change the clock ssc and do overclock but it tells me that I can not go more than 50 percent XD

I wanted to know how I can unlock this limit thanks

i have modded cooler Max temp full is 51c :-D :-D :-D

I'm asking you because you have more experience in the bios thanks

I am attaching my bios modified with AMIBCP :-D

BiosAsusX550

Hello i currently have a gtx 770m inside an asus g73jw I was wondering if there is a vbios that is already completed. I not what may I need for you to make me one thanks again and have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...

@svl7

Hello svl7,

I'm sorry to bother you but it seems like you might be the only person who can help me. I've done a bad flash on one of my 780m's in my SLI setup and currently have the working card running as a master, the second one isn't recognized by nvflash. After performing the --check command, I obtained the following from the log file:

Device: 01:00:00=10DE:119F:1558:0377 GPU

Device: 01:00:01=10DE:0E0A:1558:0377

It seems my bad bios flash changed the device ID from 119F to 0E0A, preventing nvflash from detecting it as a GPU. I was checking out the article you wrote here: http://www.techinferno.com/2011/07/09/recovering-a-notebook-gpu-from-a-bad-flash/

and that may be my only option unless I can force nvflash to write to the card with the bad ID.

P.S. I've tried using a hex editor to edit nvflash.exe and replace 119F but I'm not too good with these things so it didn't work out for me. Also, I'm using your OC firmware on my working card which is working like a charm, so thank you very much for that!

Thank you in advance!!

Edit: it seems that 0E0A is the device ID for the NVIDIA audio device. I think I'll give up and try to flash it using my Raspberry Pi. I have a question though, do you think I could flash it on the board without desoldering it?

Edit 2: successfully made my Raspberry Pi an SPI EEPROM programmer using software from flashrom.org, tested it on the BIOS chip of an old MSI motherboard and it worked like a charm! Now all I need is a clip to access the chip on my 780M without desoldering it. Something like this:

post-20992-14495000391705_thumb.jpg

Good news, I have successfully recovered my 780m using the Raspberry Pi while the ROM chip was still on the board as mentioned above! Thanks to svl7 for giving me the idea to flash the chip directly.

Hi svl7!

First of all i'm very impressed with your and Prema and the others hard working. And Im glad that there are such people like you. So a huge thanks all of you.

Secondly If you have some time I need some help with my project. I have a HP Probook 6560b+an eGPU (GTX960) I want to get the most out of them. This is my config:

Hp 6560B BIOS Now I have the F.42!

1600x900

2520M Here is my 3Dmark11 test: Link As you see I have a huge CPU limit. What do you think? What could be the highest clock speed for me? I have a 90W PSU so you can increase the TDP too if its necessary!

8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM (I can use it only on 1333Mhz. Can you make i even higher than 1600Mhz if its possiable?)

It is possiable to reach a higher bandwidth to my eGPU? If its, I trust you. Just do what you think good.

(MY VBIOS IS HERE!)And the last step should be the GPU tuning. As I know the GTX960 TDP's 120W and now I have a 220W PSU. So if you can push this limit higher than the MSI afterburn that would be fun. I wanna make a stable but huge OC on them.:) And if you know other useful stuffs to this config just let me know.

If you can do this for me, naturally I will rewarded that for you just send me your running account number.

I wish you all the best. And good health and stamina for the whole family.

Cheers,

Drohun

Hi I am wondering if it is possible to mod the BIOS of my Asus G751JM to do these following

BIOS LINK: HERE

-Make the CPU multiplier for my Core i7 4710HQ get the max multiplier all cores. There has been discussion on my laptop in ROG forums about different bios version has different max multiplier for all cores HERE.

I know Intel XTU can overclock the cpu and the max multiplier possible under it is X37 for single core and X35 for all cores. I am also planning to open the laptop and replace the thermal compound with GELID Solutions GC-Extreme and maybe also get a notebook cooler. Current temps without notebook cooler and undervolting on games hovers around 67-70c.

-I know tweaktown mods the bios for Gigabyte desktop motherboard to allow max multiplier on all cores for locked cpu (I was using an Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 with Gigabyte Z87X-SOC Force and the modded bios allowed me to run the max multiplier possible with that computer). Example like this ONE. I am wondering if the same can be done for my laptop computer.

-Mod the BIOS to bypass / have a selection of either iGPU or dGPU in BIOS / disable intel graphics so NVIDIA optimus wont be used. I have alot of issues with NVIDIA Optimus and I would like to remove it if possible.

This might be off topic but I might as well ask about it. The laptop that I have uses an LG LP173WF4-SPD1 which uses eDP. Other variant of my laptop like the ASUS G751JY uses the exact same display with the exact same connector and people were able to overclock the LCD easily to 100Hz without any issues. My main rig uses a BenQ XL2420Z with is a 1080p 144Hz monitor and going back to 60Hz is very distracting to me.

I tried overclocking the laptop LCD through Intel Custom Resolution but even at just 65Hz it would say it exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity. Other people with default high resolution (3200x1800) have the same issue when they try to create a custom resolution even with lower resolution than their panel HERE.

I tried googling a pixel clock patcher for Intel Graphics but to my dismay the only available pixel patcher is for MAC HERE and HERE.

Is there a similar program for windows to remove the pixel clock limitation for Intel Graphics?

Hello svl7

I have a Dell Quadro K5100M 8GB,i try to install this Card in a MSI GT70 MS-1763.

But it is not possible to install Driver,it also not work with Modded Driver INF from Laptopvideo2go.

It is possible that you change the Subvendor ID in the Vbios that i can use it in MS-1763 Barebone?

K5100M.zip

Best Regards

Hello

It is not possible to Change a GTX 680M to K5000M..

In the Kepler Series the Card ID is not in VBios,it is making by some Resistors on the Card.

I tried it also with GTX 680M to K5000M and also with K5100M to GTX 780M today.

You get always the Original Device ID in Device Manager.

K5100M.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I also have a K5100M in one of my GT70 and i try to use Kepler Bios Tweaker.

I Change the Clocks and can see it when i opened the Vbios after Changing again with Kepler Bios Tweaker,but after flashing it i have the same Clocks than before.

Maybe it is possible to delete the Barrier or someone can change the Core Clock to 800MHz for me?

K5100M.zip

I also have a Dell Quadro K5000M in my other MSI GT70 ,i can install Driver mith modified INF.

In Device Manager,GPUZ and MSI Afterburner is all OK,but i can`t start 3Dmark or other Benchmarks.

It is possible to Change the Subvendor ID and delete the 135MHz Barrier that i can try to install the Driver with this ID.

Maybe this is working then.

K5000M.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Hello

I also have a K5100M in one of my GT70 and i try to use Kepler Bios Tweaker.

I Change the Clocks and can see it when i opened the Vbios after Changing again with Kepler Bios Tweaker,but after flashing it i have the same Clocks than before.

Maybe it is possible to delete the Barrier or someone can change the Core Clock to 800MHz for me?

[ATTACH]15796[/ATTACH]

I also have a Dell Quadro K5000M in my other MSI GT70 ,i can install Driver mith modified INF.

In Device Manager,GPUZ and MSI Afterburner is all OK,but i can`t start 3Dmark or other Benchmarks.

It is possible to Change the Subvendor ID and delete the 135MHz Barrier that i can try to install the Driver with this ID.

Maybe this is working then.

[ATTACH]15795[/ATTACH]

I have the latest dell K5000M driver, but I can't change the Vendor ID from Dell (1028) to HP (103C) .

Has anyone had similar problem and how did you solve it ?

Also, is modifying vendor ID going to be enough to get around the HP 8760w's whitelist ?

Thanks for answers in advance :)

• BAKED pinned this topic