BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi svl7 could you check out my 7970m bios and see is it the same? I see it had a different BIOS number and it also adjusts voltage depending on the load.

Note I only had to do -p to flash.

Is it possible to get the overvolted version with ability to adjust voltage on lower clocks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!sVsymCTQ!gr4QGL...P9q9dU3HglJp9I

Hello svl7,

I hope all is well! I wanted to reach out for a vbios modification for the GTX 970m 6GB that is in my Aorus x3 v3 laptop.

Edit request:

I would like to unlock the limit from the core clock o/c, as it is currently locked to a max o/c of 135mhz.

Stock vBios:

Stock vbios can be downloaded here >> GM204.zip

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated!

Hi svl7!

I had upgrade my G73Jh to SW version (motherboard and CPU)

Now im using 5870M but memory in stress have huge temps (105+ celsius) tried to cooldown by better thermalpads etc but nothing.

I bought GTX460 1,5GB 192bit from Alienware i think. (N11-GS-A1 V235).

When i plugged it into mainboard and turned on. POST said:

Valid MXM structure not found

I think it's vBios problem, maybe that's possible to modify vbios for make it work on ASUS? After 30 sec post count it showed Windows loading logo and after 2 sec it freezed.

Thanks for your work!

• Bios Modder
Hi svl7!

I had upgrade my G73Jh to SW version (motherboard and CPU)

Now im using 5870M but memory in stress have huge temps (105+ celsius) tried to cooldown by better thermalpads etc but nothing.

I bought GTX460 1,5GB 192bit from Alienware i think. (N11-GS-A1 V235).

When i plugged it into mainboard and turned on. POST said:

Valid MXM structure not found

I think it's vBios problem, maybe that's possible to modify vbios for make it work on ASUS? After 30 sec post count it showed Windows loading logo and after 2 sec it freezed.

Thanks for your work!

Download and flash in DOS mode any of ASUS vbios for your card from this link: Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp

Hello svl7,

I got a problem with my Fire strike score.

it is 7300 and maximum 7400.

but i should get 8000 without the stock Vbios.

I have tried 3 different Vbioses and they gave me the same score.

I want to try more Vbioses becuase i think the problem from the Vbios.

I'm new to the thread so i can't download the vbios that you have.

Here are my laptop info:-

MSI GT60-2PC....i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz....16GB ddr3....Nvidia GTX 980M 8GB....samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB....HDD 1TB 7200RPM.... Win 7 64 bit Pro N...Nvidia Driver 347.52

Bios: E16F4MS.118

EC: 16F4EMS1.517

1-Vbios: 84.04.22.00.12

2-Vbios: 84.04.44.00.0A

3-Vbios: 84.04.2F.00.79 (prema Stock Vbios)(currently using this one)

If someone want there here

1-Here

2-Here

3-Premamod Stock Vbios

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Svl7 :)

Now i want to overclocking my processor Core i7 to max freq. , as i see in my bios no feature in advanced menu to adjust freq. for CPU just other things so i want modded bios with this feature.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Dell 0XWH1P

-Bios Version : A14

-Bios Type :Insyde H2O

-Bios Link :Here

I made something like watercooler for my CPU laptop

this processor can be OC to 4 GHZ So plz dnt tell me QM series cant OC just add OC tab :D !!! >> i.imgur.com/39etkVY.png

But its just locked >> i.imgur.com/BIDMRhd.png

& i have those CH341A 24 25, Test-Clip so dnt wry i reflashed alot of wrong bioss before xD

Please do it man i know its hard to programming it but please try & if u made it i will be very grateful for u :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I'm having a problem with my dell 7970m in my m17x r2. I am using the undervolted vbios you made but I can't seem to get output on my rgb led screen on my laptop. HDMI out and vga both work fine but my screen stays black. I popped in my ol 4870m card and the screen came on fine So I put my 7970m back in and its still black which tells me I need to flash a vbios. My card is 15.022 version A00. Can you point me to a vbios that will fix this problem? I read another thread where a guy had this issue but with a eurocom 7970m and he used the rjtech vbios to fix his problem. Is it ok for me to flash my dell with that clevo bios and will it fix my prtoblem like it did for him or will I need to request a bios to be made that will remedy my issue? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for disturbing you, did you have a solution for this rpm stuck case with GTX 470M? Will i need another vbios? Im using the one you posted http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3258-gtx-470m-vbios-needed-2.html, its working but the rpm of the cooler is not increasing, mabybe you can help me, i will really appreciate, really thank for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

So the memory for NVS5200 dGPU in the e6530 runs at dual data rate speeds. This would be expected if it had GDDR3, but it has GDDR5. There are 4x Hynix H5GQ2H24AFR chips for 1GB memory. The GPU is a fully enabled GF108 core with a 64-bit memory bus. If you could enable QDR instead of DDR in the vBIOS that would be awesome, or is QDR vs DDR set via hardware instead of vBIOS? There is a version of the 555m that uses a GF108 and GDDR5 memory, so this should be possible.

BIOS download:

e6530oc

• 2 weeks later...

I have an alienware 18 with the 770M SLI, will I be able to use the Dell 770M bios to update these cards or is there a specific one for the alienware 18?

EDIT: Nevermind I found the answer on a previous post im dumb, appears the nvidia 770m unlocked vbios will work.

- reserved -

@svl7,

I was sent here to talk to you about modding a dell brand 8970m that's currently running in my M17x R2 with an M18x 100w heat sink modified to fit in the M17x. The card works great other than a system shutdown if temps reach above 87c under heavy gaming. The fan controls do work even tho it's always Ben known that dell brand 7970/8970 fan controls didn't work right in alienwares, but it just doesn't seem like it works right while gaming and it's locked out via trixx or vbe7 and also voltage is locked out via afterburner. My question is, can the fan controls be edited by you to be unlocked as well as voltage controls? My cards stocks are 1.075v at 950/1250. I've tried searching for another vbios but nothing on the techpowerup vbios collection matches the v/clocks for this card in the dell section. Hopefully you can help me out.

This card is a beast! Most games are holding down 60fps. Just would like to bypass Dells bs 87c shutdown or figure out how to get the temps down faster. Runnin the fans full speed helps, but not always. And hate dropping the screen res to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i currently have a Gigabyte Q1742F which has a GT640M 2GB DDR3. im pretty newb with overclocking although wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a modded bios to overclock this card ?

2rr.png

Thank you !

• Bios Modder
Hey guys, i currently have a Gigabyte Q1742F which has a GT640M 2GB DDR3. im pretty newb with overclocking although wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a modded bios to overclock this card ?

2rr.png

Thank you !

Just download program MSI Afterburner or NVIDIA Inspector and overclock your card.

• BAKED pinned this topic