Main Differences between Y400 and Y410

Alex Sung

I bought the Y400 and my brother bought the Y410.

Here is a side by side comparison of the two for anyone who has trouble deciding between which to purchase.

Hope this helps some folks out!

- Ivy bridge on the y400, Haswell on the y410p

- Single 750m GPU on both, quit good, can play Battlefield 3, Skyrim, etc...

- 5 pound weight (approx)

- Screen is glossy, not anti glare

- Trackpad is funky at times, some suggest disabling multi-touch

- 1366x768 resolution for Y400, if you want higher resoluation 1600x900 go for the Y410

- Intel GPU is disabled on the Y400, but is not disabled on the Y410, which could help with battery life

- Msata port on the Y400, versus the NGFF port for the Y410...NGFF parts are much more pricey currently

- 14 inch models dont have SLI, but you can upgrade later

- 2-4 Hour battery life, a little longer on the Y410 due to switchable graphics in my experience

- VERY good audio quality on both Y400 and Y410

- Lenovo Y series are in general the best bang-for-buck laptops out there, but you probably already knew that

- The power adapter for Y400 are about 2/3 size of the y500/y510p series

- Carbon finish instead of Aluminum finish for the 14 inch between Y400 and Y410

- Backlit keyboard on all models of Y4XX and Y5XX

• Thumbs Up 1

My laptop is aging Y560. Been looking around for stuff but still cant decide if i want another Lenovo idea pads or go with something like Razer Blade. I know theres huge price gap and I already have gaming desktop, but when my family member (especially my sister) comes over, she games on my y560 with HD5730m and it just looks too terrible...

im stuck at a cross road of wanting too many things from a laptop.. Light weight, portability while having performance to replace low to mid range gaming desktop...

MBA + eGPU looks like a good option too...

Real good thread buddy, good one (had no idea about NGFF!). With switchable graphics enabled, do you mean that it supports Optimus? :D

Y400 should probably use same LVDS screen cable as Y410p, which means 900p screens might soon be available. Can you confirm that the Y400 chassis is same as Y410p, or at least around the screen?

Real good thread buddy, good one (had no idea about NGFF!). With switchable graphics enabled, do you mean that it supports Optimus? :D

Y400 should probably use same LVDS screen cable as Y410p, which means 900p screens might soon be available. Can you confirm that the Y400 chassis is same as Y410p, or at least around the screen?

Yes, the Y410p should have Optimus option enabled unlike Y400p.

And from what I remember when we compared the Y400 and Y410p have same chassis for the most part (at least around the screen).

I'm hoping for a 900p or 1080p option that I can modify my Y400 in the future (hopefully, matte screen). We will see.

• 3 weeks later...
I wanted a 1080p y410p, but they only offered 900p. I wonder why, because other manufacturers offer higher resolution screens for the save size.

I am ok with 900p, but the bezel is REAL UGLY ... They could fit a 15" in that bezel ...

• 1 month later...

I got my y410p around November 1st. I use the Intel graphics almost exclusively, unless I have a specific need. Also, when I'm on battery I keep the CPU clock around 1.6GHz. That brings it in line with a mainstream business sort of laptop.

Battery life? I get around 8 hours. Don't know if I'm the only one, but that is certainly a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

so I got the Y410p around the time of this post, and now I'm considering swapping out the Ultrabay CD player with this:

Y400 Removable Graphics GN35 | 0C22230 | Lenovo | US

even though it's for Y400, would it work with Y410p?

Also, the OP said the Y410p is 1600 x 900, but the Y410p I have can only go up to 1366 x 768.

I have a y400 and a y410p and that list is pretty much spot on. The biggest issue with the y400 is that there is no optimus is so intel graphics to output to miracast which sucks. The y410p is almost perfect except the wireless card isn't that good, same with the y400