New member with an M14x :)

Hello all!

My name is Steven and as you can see i'm new here. I have 2 M14x's (one is mine and the other is my g/f's)

I've been reading through these forums and I like what I see and am happy to join a good friendly community where I can contribute as much as possible.

Both my M14x laptops are in the process of being sent to Alienware's engineering team so they can get a better look at the shutdown issue a lot of people have been having so a solution can come about asap.

Once again, i'm happy to be here and will keep everyone updated on the status of these laptops.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Hey Titan, glad you joined us, 2 M14x? nice, it seems that not only you but your girlfriend has a good taste as well.

Sorry to hear that you are sending yours back, if I were you, I wouldn't though, I have heard many horror stories with laptops being returned after a month or damaged (scratches or dents for instance...), plus if they damage it somehow because they are careless, and you ask for a replacement they will send you a refurbished one, not a new... I personally never accepted to send mine back (when I had the M17x-R1), if they want to come to my place and take a look that's fine with me, anything else is not an option.

• Founder
Hello all!

My name is Steven and as you can see i'm new here. I have 2 M14x's (one is mine and the other is my g/f's)

I've been reading through these forums and I like what I see and am happy to join a good friendly community where I can contribute as much as possible.

Both my M14x laptops are in the process of being sent to Alienware's engineering team so they can get a better look at the shutdown issue a lot of people have been having so a solution can come about asap.

Once again, i'm happy to be here and will keep everyone updated on the status of these laptops.

Hi TitanGod, welcome to T|I and we're glad to have you onboard. We look forward to what AW engineering tells you. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the awesome welcoming :)

As for the laptops.... Yea I had talked to someone from engineering to get them sent in for what they call "Capture" so they can have a system from the public that has the issues. They send me one in it's place so it's not like I was without a laptop. I know some people were told on the other forums (NBR) that they should be seeing a "Fix" for the issue by the 19th of this month. But if they wanted my laptops for "Capture" , how are they gonna have a fix so soon?

Lol I starting to find titangod metroid avatar extremely distracting(not as distracting as yours iloveboobs). I have played metroid since the snes day and I loved to play it also on the original game boy.

Cheers TitanGod! Hope everything goes well with the Alienware engineers. Keep us posted and let me know if I can help.

My "guess" is that dell/alienware will setup some type of "battery" detection in bios that will auto downclock and lower the voltage for cpu and gpu. Again just a guess...

Let me also explain so that others don't take it the wrong way... The machine should NOT just shut down when you switch to battery and choose to game. Now, our opinions may differ on whether I think full power gaming on battery should be enabled as you wont get more than about 20-25 minutes at best. Maybe 30... But with moderated cpu and gpu power you should be able to game over an hour. That's a good trade off in my book. It will be very interesting to see what the alienware engineers find and choose to do about the issue.

StevenX

welcome to the forum TittieGod, to become an official member you must post some sexy pics in our sexy babe thread or else you will be banned.

Link me to the thread and I can post an infinite amounts eye candy for every one here lol

Lol I starting to find titangod metroid avatar extremely distracting(not as distracting as yours iloveboobs). I have played metroid since the snes day and I loved to play it also on the original game boy.

I am a huge metroid fanatic, been playing it since the NES version came out. Haven't played "The other M" yet but I haven't much good reviews but I still wanna play it.

Cheers TitanGod! Hope everything goes well with the Alienware engineers. Keep us posted and let me know if I can help.

My "guess" is that dell/alienware will setup some type of "battery" detection in bios that will auto downclock and lower the voltage for cpu and gpu. Again just a guess...

Thats what I'm thinking. But i'm hoping the downclock isn't as drastic like the M15x I had a little less than a year ago. Even on battery and on "High Performance" I was not able to watch 720P movie without experiencing some stuttering. and I had the i7-720 with the ATI 5850 O/C'ed. Here is my thread about it from NBR back in August. stealth mode even on battery!?!? If you guys here at T|I don't want links to other forums, forgive me and you can remove it.

I just ended up selling the M15x cause I did like to watch movies on the go and it wasn't working out

Edited by TitanGod
adding