92c on 780m

tgotovac

• Founder

That's way too hot. Before you repaste, check to make sure the heat sink is properly screwed inn the card. After that try repasting.

Sent from my GT-I9100

That means it's throttling in the game if it just sits at 92c, the GPU will throttle the core by 50% for a second or so until it drops back under 92c.

Running Kombuster i hit 92c on the Extreme setting, i'm not sure if it's that the cooler cant handle it, or if it needs a repaste, i could have sworn i did it well.

I'm running the A04 bios which apparently removes the throttle? I'm going to have to make a log using gpu-z to see what's going on. Probably going to end up repasting as I plan to run the modded vbios. Gotta keep these temps under control.

Completely Clean the Heatsink using special cleaners and use a High-End Thermal Compound like the Gelid GC Extreme, it's hard to put it on but it's worth it. My GTX 675M (100W TDP) is running at 75°C with Overclocking from 620 MHz to 730 MHz. You should also Change the Thermal Pads from the VRAM.