Major GTX 780m Throttleing? -400Mhz @ 69c voltage??

Hey peoples, So i got this beast installed in my m15x, but it appears the bios is undervolted by like half?

I'm not sure what the stock 780m voltage is, but i almost guarantee it's around the 1.xxv mark..

I have no problem making my own custom bios, as i've done it 1000x times on desktop GPU's, but i just want to know, do you guys agree with me it's the voltage that's causing the throttle?

I mean, i've never seen this GPU over 72c, and i have a 240w Power brick.

Thanks.

post-7922-14494995957082_thumb.jpg

Heres a copy of my Vbios for my card if your interested in checking the details:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9xan9z0xbp6b26

Hey peoples, So i got this beast installed in my m15x, but it appears the bios is undervolted by like half?

I'm not sure what the stock 780m voltage is, but i almost guarantee it's around the 1.xxv mark..

I have no problem making my own custom bios, as i've done it 1000x times on desktop GPU's, but i just want to know, do you guys agree with me it's the voltage that's causing the throttle?

I mean, i've never seen this GPU over 72c, and i have a 240w Power brick.

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8745[/ATTACH]

The card will run slower on kombustor and furmark unless you flash an svl7 bios. Even then you should still not run them due to the incredible power draw.

The card will run slower on kombustor and furmark unless you flash an svl7 bios. Even then you should still not run them due to the incredible power draw.

So SLV7's bios will work with my dell card?

I thought Clevo/kapok vbios didn't work with the dell ones?

Installed slv7's bios. Worked fine, but for some reason I'm still getting pretty awful p scores in 3dmark 11..

I mean the best I've got so far with +120 core and +100 mem is still like 5900~

i know I have only scratched the surface of overclocking but still...

it appears my physics score is lacking, the higher I overclock my 920xm past 23x or so I usually don't get any better performance, if not worse...

im so confused right now...

• Founder

Are you sure the M15x utilizes the extra power of the 240w brick? If your physics score drops as you oc, you may be power throttling.

Sent from my GT-I9100

• 3 weeks later...