Lenovo Y510P unlocked bios

ashaabalam

Hey am new to this forum. I was just reading through and I found instructions to flash the BIOS and vBIOS of the Lenovo Y500 and Y400. I recently found a good deal for Lenovo y510p with 750m SLI and I want to overclock it. So can anyone please help me with unlocking this bios by providing me any kind of instructions? Thanks in advance

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

svl7 seems to have come up with a patch for the Y510P BIOS and vBIOS just recently.

Yeah well, DOSBox != DOS. You need to run it from DOS to get it working. Anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore as I already got some dumps.

Mod for v1.07 (Y510p, but Y410p should use the same Bios, if not you'll get an error message from the bios fixer, so no worries, just follow the instructions).

Generally it is the exactly same procedure as with the Y500/Y400:

- Create a backup of your original BIOS by using this tool. It needs to be run as administrator from an elevated cmd prompt. Just execute the included backup.bat to create your backup.

- Download the attached BiosFixer, drag and drop your Bios to it and it will prepare your backup for flashing (only for v1.07 currently as this is the only version I have).

- Flash with the tool from step1 (should work, if it comes up with an error let me know). Flash with fptw64 -f v107mod.bin -bios

Bios has whitelist removed, vbios modified and bios menus should be unlocked. Please let me know if everything's ok. Systems that use the .06 vbios won't see the difference as I have to modify that one first.

Also, is there anyone who uses a multibay GPU? If so I can provide you with the modified vbios for that as well.

Use at your own risk.

Here is the link to it with the program attached: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4071-y510-wifi-whitelist-removal-5.html

However, he is still in the process of making a mod for the ultrabay GPU vBIOS.