fx 8120

Austin78989

I have an amd fx 8120 black edition, I have it overclocked to 3.8ghz. I was wondering why they made 2 cpu's the 8120 and the 8150 yet the only difference between the 2 is the clock speed. What was all that about? and one was like 20-30 bucks more just for a .2 or so clock increase :o just curious. My friends intel i5 gets almost the exact score as my 8120 in 3dmark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you've been thinking about overlock cpu you should first consider the dangers that it poses to your CPU and the Data you have stored in your PC. As a rule of thumb, you should avoid overclocking on a PC which has important data, as it might blow up some day due to your careless overclocking ;) . You should always make use of forums on the internet for expert advice before overclocking your PC. So, here is a list of dangers of overclocking