How much will my GTX 780M's be limited by having only a 4700MQ processor in my AW 18?

I had a huge hassle getting the laptop and they sent it with misconfigured parts...THREE TIMES. They upgraded me to dual 780Ms from the 765Ms it shipped with.

That being said, it only has a 4700MQ processor. How much will that limit the graphical capabilities of the SLI cards?

I had a huge hassle getting the laptop and they sent it with misconfigured parts...THREE TIMES. They upgraded me to dual 780Ms from the 765Ms it shipped with.

That being said, it only has a 4700MQ processor. How much will that limit the graphical capabilities of the SLI cards?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GPU's won't be limited too much. It will all depend on your application's CPU dependency. If you like to benchmark GPU's, it depends on the bench. 3dm06 likes CPU...alot. Vantage is a 75% GPU test...but 25% of it likes a lot of CPU threads (think hexacore). Same with games. But in practical terms, the GPUs will suffer none from your 4700QM proc. Meaning real world, not synthetic or game test benches. You won't be choking on anything with that setup

Good to hear, I also didn't upgrade mine to 4800MQ and chose the 4700MQ since the laptop was already around 3,000, will be interesting to see what happens with this next gen.

You made a good choice. There is no noticeable difference between the two CPU's when playing games - just a slight difference when running synthetic CPU benchs and CPU-heavy programs.

Those dual 780M's are monsters and will run your games just fine at max settings provided the game has good SLI support which most games do.