[Q] Intel i3-350M equipped Alienware M15X to work without MXM Module?

acompres

Hey guys! i've been a long time lurker of the forums but not long ago i decided to create an account to be able to post and whatnot, but before i can do any contributions to the community, i need my M15X to boot again! So let me give you guys a short backstory on my beloved M15X's Misfortune:

A while back, i was able to get my hands on a 6990m on the cheap for for my M15X but i was not aware that the bracket was somewhat thicker than the one on the original 5850m card, so when i screwed it in, some of the pins inside of the MXM port bent and made contact, which ended up frying my board when i powered it up. Still being unaware that i had fudged up big time, i noticed the width difference and proceeded to removed the old bracket from the 5850m AND the new 6990m in a very unprofessional matter since i was getting no video (and potentially fatal to the card's components.. i was anxious to play some games, man!), tested it but of course it did not work, leaving me with no certainty that either of the cards work, thanks to my poor job at removing the brackets.

In short: I acted noobishly and with haste, which is extremely embarasing for someone who's college major is I.T.

I have since bought a motherboard directly from China, but since i live in a caribbean island, i'm pretty sure the only laptop in my city and probably this whole province with an MXM port is my Alienware m15x, rendering me unable to test if the cards still work.

So to the actual question:

Will the M15X display video without an MXM Module plugged in? I'm aware that this specific processor has integrated video, but after combing the internet for information i have not seen a similar case to mine.

Thank you so much to you all in advance :)