Lenovo y500 Energy Management may destroy your motherboard

LeGiTzZNL

Goodday people,

I have just received my lenovo Y500 back of the lenovo repair service, This is because there is an error with the energy management of Lenovo itself

if you open it up you can actaully calabrate your battery but the moment you do that it will actually destroy the motherboard what will cause the battery not too charge anymore

post-16211-14494995941838_thumb.png

Whatever you do do not hit the Start Button, it will uncharge your battery to 0% and after that it won't recharge again..

This may be a problem with only my lenovo y500 i5 Processor, but i just want to warn all you people out there.

I had a similar problem than you, when I used the battery profile "Optimized Battery Health", the battery charged to 60%, which is normal, but, when I switched it back to "Maximum Battery Life", it didn't get back to normal, the battery wouldn't charge anymore than 60%. But, I think it was a software malfunction, it came back when I did a fresh install on the computer and that I updated the BIOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a different version of the problem. After I did the battery gauge reset, the battery discharged to about 3% and then charged again. But now the laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting the ac adapter. Its impossible to play games anymore as the laptop keeps alternating between ac and battery every 5 seconds and this is rendering my 650 sli config useless.

After experimenting around a bit I found out that if the battery level is below 60%, the optimal battery heath option works and the battery gets charged to 60% and remains at that level. If however the battery level is above 60% and the optimum battery health option is chosen, then the computer keeps disconnecting and reconnecting the ac adapter every 5 sec. Its a weird problem and I've decided to live with it (and keep battery mode to max battery life). Have to draw the line at optimizing someplace.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...